Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 6:05:27 PM EDT
My mother's purse was stolen an hour ago or so in a store by a piece of shit woman whom my mother didn't pay any mind to till she realized her purse was gone and that the lady that had bumped her stole it. Does anybody have any tips for finding these types of shitheads that do this crap? I'm so freaking mad right now, somebody's ass needs to be beaten.

She has already canceled her credit cards and closed the bank account.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I honestly believe in the death penalty for people who do that sort of stuff.  If we started killing them in the shopping center parking lots, there would be a lot less of that crap going on.  

But then, that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I honestly believe in the death penalty for people who do that sort of stuff.  If we started killing them in the shopping center parking lots, there would be a lot less of that crap going on.  

But then, that's just my opinion.

Oh I agree completely. I fucking hate thieves!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind that your mom is legally only responsible for the first $50 stolen.  Both Visa and MasterCard take it a step further to make her liability $0.  Be sure to report it to your bank - though I guess you did if she already cancelled her cards.

If the police want to catch the bad guys, if the stores that took the payments had surveilance cameras, they can match up the time on the videos to the transaction time stamps and get video of the perps.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Keep in mind that your mom is legally only responsible for the first $50 stolen.  Both Visa and MasterCard take it a step further to make her liability $0.  Be sure to report it to your bank - though I guess you did if she already cancelled her cards.

If the police want to catch the bad guys, if the stores that took the payments had surveilance cameras, they can match up the time on the videos to the transaction time stamps and get video of the perps.

The store has a surveilance camera so the "security" guy there said he'd look at it. She has See ID written on her credit card, but do the clerks look? Nope...

The worst part is her door key to the house was in her purse, along with her driver's license! I think I am going to give her my pistol tomorrow while I'm out at work and she's at home.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The store has a surveilance camera so the "security" guy there said he'd look at it. She has See ID written on her credit card, but do the clerks look? Nope...

According to Mastercard and Visa rules, the credit card is not even valid if it has "see id" written on the back, has to be a signature.  Technically no one should have taken it at all, even if proper id was shown.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to Mastercard and Visa rules, the credit card is not even valid if it has "see id" written on the back, has to be a signature.  Technically no one should have taken it at all, even if proper id was shown.  

Her signature is on it as well . I used to work in retail, so I already knew that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
No one ever looks at the signature anyway. What's the point of it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Happened to my grandmother a few years ago.

Lost some very important items to those thieves (man and woman).   He did time for recieving stolen property (in another state for pawning some of the important items)  She was order to pay restution.  She has yet to do so.  

They were recently filmed doing it again at the same store.

The Judge and Prosecutor are tired of playing games with her lawyer.   Bench warrants were issued.

Both on the run.  He's now a parole violator with felony warrants issued for both of them.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Sucks to hear that happened to your mother. You're probably already planning to do this anyway, but definitely get the locks on the house changed ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
This is one area where the Muslims have it right: Remove 1 hand per offense. Thereafter, remove their head & be done w/  it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...but definitely get the locks on the house changed ASAP.

Shame that you're on the other end of the country, or I'd do it for her, just pay for the new locks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...but definitely get the locks on the house changed ASAP.

Shame that you're on the other end of the country, or I'd do it for her, just pay for the new locks.

I can do it, but thank you. And I'd already planned to change them here after dinner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top