Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 12:24:54 PM EDT
I was watching a History Channel show the other day which featured part of an Army Airborne Division rescuing about 2,000 civilians from a Japanese prison camp. That got me thinking - we seem to conduct rescue missions almost routinely during war. But, other then Israel, I can't remember ever hearing of another nation conducting a resume mission. Have the English, French (ha!), Germans, Russians, Italians, Australians etc conducted rescue missions during war? How about the Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, and Chinese? Are we one of a select few nations that actually give a crap about our troops?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
yes we are

the rest of the countries you mentiond: troops are expendable, why waste em on a ''rescue'' misssion when they could be used for a "killing" mission
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Forgot to mention, not just our troops, but civilians. The guys in the history channel show I mentioned diverted 1,000 troops plus planes and amphibs from a fierce battle to rescue around 2,000 civilians. How many other countries give a rat's ass about civilians in a war?

Hell, we're spending billions of dollars developing weapon systems that allow us to stop the enemy without killing him. Meanwhile, our current rivals are developing weapons designed to slaughter civilians by the million.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top