Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 10:11:41 AM EDT
I see that NK is now claiming to have nukes. So, with all this talk about going into Iran because they have nukes, what about NK?

Is this just a bluff by NK or do you think they really have them and if they really have them what do you think Bush will do about it? Do you think we'll attack NK as well as Iran?

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133764,00.html
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
NK is a whole different ballgame.  They have well in excess of 30,000 Heavy Artillery tubes pointed at Seoul and can effectivelly obliterate it in short order, Seoul is packed with people too.  Most of these guns are dug into the mountains.

In about 3 years the Capitol of SK is going to move south out of Seoul and artillery range.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]
We can only do something with North Korea when South Korea and Japan finally get worried enough to want to do something.

That is why we are moving all our troops far to the south of Seoul.  Since odds are that by the time they want to do something it will be too late.

Also the DMZ would cost too much to cross over.  North Korea will have to be entered from the two seacoasts, which are far less defended.  Air landings and shore to shoe amphibious assaults will be required to outflank the DMZ and NKPA armies poised to go south.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
NK is a whole different ballgame.  They have well in excess of 30,000 Heavy Artillery tubes pointed at Seoul and can effectivelly obliterate it in short order, Seoul is packed with people too.  Most of these guns are dug into the mountains.

I about 3 years the Capitol of SK is going to move south out of Seoul and artillery range.

Never.  They are the Han Gook, people of the Han.  Seoul is the capital of Korea for as long as there has been a Korean people.  Patience will win in Korea.  As NK loses support from other nations it will disintigrate from within.  Kim Jong Il loves his hookers too much to start a war he knows he will lose.  He doesn't want to end up like Saddam.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I about 3 years the Capitol of SK is going to move south out of Seoul and artillery range.

Never.  They are the Han Gook, people of the Han.  Seoul is the capital of Korea for as long as there has been a Korean people.  Patience will win in Korea.  As NK loses support from other nations it will disintigrate from within.  Kim Jong Il loves his hookers too much to start a war he knows he will lose.  He doesn't want to end up like Saddam.

As far a SK moving the Capitol, I read a Early bird article that the SK approved the relocation but the SK aren't too thrilled about it.  I believe it will be a temporary, at least till NK folds.

On the Arty, I was just stateing why we just don't attack, if the NK wanted too they can bring a world a hurt to everything South of the DMZ in Arty range at least until their artillery pieces get plinked one by one.

I agree on Kim Jong Il, he likes to sabre rattle and probably enjoys his hookers, fine drink, tobacco, and entertainment too much to jeopardize it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top