Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:05:39 AM EDT
I am not an FFL, but have sold a few rifles from this and other forums. I always get a copy of there FFL and send to that address. Can I do a pistol the same way? I was going to one time and the buyer said that HIS FFL guy wanted me to go through my FFL to his FFL.......my guy didn't want to screw with it.....Why can't I do it the same way....just ship it directly to his FFL holder myself?

Help me out please...I gotta a cool AR pistol I am looking to sell.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:31:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You can ship any gun you own to another FFL. All guns can go via UPS, FedEx. Long guns only by USPS Priority mail. You do not need a copy of an FFL. Have the receiver email you the dealers FFL number and confirm at the BATF EZcheck. Ship to the address indicated on the EZchek. That's it. Simple.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always thought the hardest part about selling guns on the internet must be getting the gun into that damned little disc slot.

Generally speaking an unlicensed individual in one state may transfer a handgun directly to an FFL in another state.  State law, the corporate policy of the shipping/delivery company or USPS policy, and the policy of the receiving FFL may also come into play though.  I think some states require a gun from out of state to come in only from another FFL.  If you use USPS or someplace like UPS, you may find that they have corporate policies not to accept guns for delivery unless they come from an FFL and are going to an FFL.  Similarly, some FFLs won't accept guns from out of state unless they come from an out of state FFL; not because they have to, but simply because they either don't want to, or don't fully understand the law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top