Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 6:03:17 AM EDT
I haven't been here in a while, long story

SO, does anyone know if the IMI TAVOR will be inported?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Barrett was going to import/distribute these at one time, but I don't the deal went through....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't find the post because the search is limited to 30 days, but I think the situation was that Barrett was going to manufacture the Tavor so that Israel could use US aid money to buy them (US aid often comes with strings like "buy American" attached).  Importing the Tavor would probably run afoul of the semi-auto import ban.  A US-civillian-friendly prototype made the Shot Show last year, but I have not heard anything since. There's no mention of the Tavor on the Barrett web site.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I might could get me a Tavor now...

That would be pretty cool....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Barrett was going to import/distribute these at one time, but I don't the deal went through....

Yup I emailed barret a while back about this and they said that they were going to make them and that they decided not to. I wish they would have cuz I'd love to get one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top