Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 5:48:40 AM EDT
Well looks like we are getting lots of rain here in SW VA.  The better half had a big job interview today.  She drove 4 miles and called me on her cell to say that it was really raining and they she didn't think she could make it (the interview is 30 miles away).  So I told her that whe will be fine, just to drive slower than the speed limit and concentrate on the road and she will be fine.  She then called me up a half hour later saying that the interstate had a lot of ponding on the surface and that she almost lost control 3X and she should have never driven and that she had never been so scared.  I told her that she will be ok and everthing would be ok.  However, because of the rain I wasn't going to work today because I work outside.  I know think she is really pissed because I didn't drive her.

I am I sleeping on the couch tonight?
Poll coming
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely sleeping on the couch.  Why didn't you take her?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Man did you F up bigtime.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
You left out the option on the poll for her being a typical over-reactive, hormone crazed female.  

However, what the hell were you thinking?!?  Women can't drive when it's dry, so you were just asking for pure carnage in the rain.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd base your evening on how well the interview went
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Sh!t sack.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude, she was looking for her big strong hubby to ride to her rescue and you punted.  Been there, done that.  Yeah, you're going to be in the doghouse for a while.  It'll pass.

[SoupNazi] NO SEX FOR YOU!! [/SoupNazi]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Man did you F up bigtime.

+1

You discounted her feelings and showed you didn't care about her safety.  Now you and I both KNOW this isn't true, but that's the way she sees it.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't know, I guess I figured it was just a little rain and that it was no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I had this experience, was blizzarding, boyfriend wouldn't drive me to work even though he has a 4x4 truck and I drove a camaro.  Made it half way to work, was hit by someone who ran their red light.  After a few more of these "he's isn't reliable" situations, I put him out.  If you really like the girl, don't let this happen again!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1 also you better hope the place has covered parking!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 also you better hope the place has covered parking!

Awww shit
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know, I guess I figured it was just a little rain and that it was no big deal.

Dude!!

I mean....DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF???

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I had this experience, was blizzarding, boyfriend wouldn't drive me to work even though he has a 4x4 truck and I drove a camaro.  Made it half way to work, was hit by someone who ran their red light.  After a few more of these "he's isn't reliable" situations, I put him out.  If you really like the girl, don't let this happen again!

During snow season I always drive her to work.  For some reason I wasn't thinking clearly this morning.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude!!

WTF???

Sgtar15

Like I said, I wasn't thinking clearly and I didn't think the roads would be that bad.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hmmm, I would think that your better half could have driven a lot safer if she wasn't talking to you on her cell phone the entire trip!

But, that sort of comment will likely ill serve you later this evening.

Eric The(HangUpAndDrive)Hun

Yeah I wanted to tell her to hang up and concentrate on driving but I made sure my mouth was shut.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude!!

WTF???

Sgtar15

Like I said, I wasn't thinking clearly and I didn't think the roads would be that bad.

You Didn't think..that is the problem
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#18]
If I was in your shoes I would lock up the guns before Mrs. Wedge got home....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Okay, obviously you need my help, so I will help you.

In the future anytime your wife leaves the house(which should rarely happen unless she is buying groceries btw) and you are at home the first thing you do it disconnect the phone.  Then get a beer and relax.  Never, ever talk to a woman for any reason unless it involves food or sex!

Because the more you talk the better chance you have of fucking something up with a woman.

Sgtar15

PS   You're welocome
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey, you're a big girl.  Hang up and drive.  It was rain for crying out loud.  If you are not confident in your driving abilities, take the metro.

just my .02

Now snow is different around here.  If it rains people drive 5 mph but they drive 70 mph on snow covered roads.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude!!

WTF???

Sgtar15

You Didn't think..that is the problem

Your right.  It isn't that I don't care for her or anything like that.  It is just sometimes I am a dip shit when it comes to relationships.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey, you're a big girl.  Hang up and drive.  It was rain for crying out loud.  If you are not confident in your driving abilities, take the metro.

just my .02

Now snow is different around here.  If it rains people drive 5 mph but they drive 70 mph on snow covered roads.  Go figure.

Well this is southwest Virginia, we don't have metros but I was thinking that she was a big girl and it was just rain.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Roger that....

Campbells Chicken Soup, a blanket, maybe a bath, some nice music....

Provided you're Catholic, you should have no problems after that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#24]
You are toast.  You can try some serious sucking up...but I'll bet it doesn't work.

Couch for you!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger that....

Campbells Chicken Soup, a blanket, maybe a bath, some nice music....

Provided you're Catholic, you should have no problems after that.

Oh yeah, I was assuming he was not Catholic.  See if you are Catholic, and Sarge can attest to this as well, your wife really has no power over you.  Once they have had your big Catholic penis, well they don't stay mad at you very long.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Awwww, stuff it in her pooper, post pics, then make her bake you some PIE!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#27]
The worst part of this whole thing is that it was your DAY OFF!
Hopefully you weren't sitting in front of the tv, remote in hand, when she left the house.

At the very least, have some flowers and an apology ready when she gets back.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The worst part of this whole thing is that it was your DAY OFF!
Hopefully you weren't sitting in front of the tv, remote in hand, when she left the house.

At the very least, have some flowers and an apology ready when she gets back.

I was just waking up and turning the coffee pot on.  If I had turned on the TV I would have seen how bad it was raining and probably driven her.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Pull your shit together man!

When she tells you that you're on the couch say...

" Awe come on sugar bucket, I've been sleeping on the couch all day long!  Afterall it WAS raining outside!"

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Well I called and left a message on her cell apologizing for not driving you.  Well she called me back and said that she didn't think about having me drive her either.  She got lost in downtown Roanoke and was 10 minutes late for the interview.  I guess we are both a bunch of dumbasses, we must deserve each other.  She said the worse part of the interview was that she had 18 different people interviewing her.  She said she felt like she was on trial at a Senate hearing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

" Awe come on sugar bucket, I've been sleeping on the couch all day long!  Afterall it WAS raining outside!"

Man, she'd never stop slapping you!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#32]
If all it took was sending the wife out in weather to be put in the dog house
I would have had to tell the dog to find his own place and have cable installed.

GM
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Okay, there are really, apparently, a LOT of women who A) Won't drive in the rain and B) Rather than staying home when it rains, insist their husbands drive them wherever it is they want to go?

Gee, I guess I need to be more helpless and demanding . . .
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Okay, there are really, apparently, a LOT of women who A) Won't drive in the rain and B) Rather than staying home when it rains, insist their husbands drive them wherever it is they want to go?

Gee, I guess I need to be more helpless and demanding . . .

With an avatar like that you scare us guys.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Improvise-overcome!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Been there, done that. Oh well. She over reacted. But never tell her that. Just say that you thought she wouldn't have any trouble because she's a strong/smart/only female this side of hell that can drive/whatever. Turn it around, make her think that you had more faith in her than that. Eventually she might start to think that she let you down because she didnt' meet your expectations. Women always need someones approval. Better yours than her friends' or mother's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top