Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 12:31:26 AM EDT
Alright...lets start off backwards...my second package of the day was...

*sigh*

Well mine showed up today, and despite the absolutely perfect service, theres a problem. The FH arrived, and I noticed that the bag had some black "grease" in it. Thinking it was some kind of rust inhibitor/oil, I opened the bag to find that the flashhider had been put in the bag before it was fully dry. The upper side is missing about 20-30% of the finish, which currently resides on my fingers and on the inside of the bag

Bummed....pics to come. No fault of *distrib deleted*. I had to edit this to reiterate, just because ive been impressed by his service at such a level: This is NO fault of *distrib deleted*. I would have easily overlooked this FH having any problem while packaging it, I didnt even notice until I pulled it out of the bag that anything was wrong. Ive notified the manufacturer of the defect.

*name* was good enough to make sure I got this FH in a timely and professional manner. I WILL absolutely buy again from this vendor. I would HIGHLY recommend buying from this vendor in fact.

It just hasnt been my lucky day today

This is COMPLETELY Yankee Hills fault. If you notice the packaging....the ribs in the packaging line up perfectly with where the surface "powdercoat" on the ribs is missing. I have utmost confidence in this being made right....this is large company with good morals, and fine products. Small mistake im willing to forget.

It really, really, hasn't been my day

Sent the pics on to YH. Ill delete this part of the topic as soon as they fix it. They have my word on that.

And problem #2...and no, im not going to delete this guys info...because the distributor REFUSES to admit that his mags have ALOT of wear, and weren't advertised as such. It was absolute robbery on his part.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=225487

This guy has the TENACITY, to tell me that these are just storage marks. The mags have carbon marks on the followers, not to mention COPPER marks on the front of the magazines, from loading...and these are NIW? Permanent marker numbers on every magazine. This is the average of all 5 magazines.

I don't understand how "send them back, we just want you to be happy" makes up for "NIW with storage marks" for 16/per mag shipped. Be truthful in your EE ads, and you wont piss of your customer Mr. Cope.

I really had to get this stuff off my chest and spread the word....Dist #1 is not at fault, the manufact is, mild mistake, im sure they will rectify it....dist #2 is adamant they are NOT at fault, and will never get my money again.

Alright....im Done....I don't see how this has violated any board rules, I'm just posting my experience, and no bashing has been done to Dist #2 or #1....will update as either makes a positive move.

Im out....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I would send back the flash hider...

The mag from the pic looks very normal for a NIB military spec. mag....( I cant see the carbon on the follower, or the copper on the front that dont sound nomal, unless it is a test mag or something), but the marks on the dry coating  look like any other mag and will clean off in a little time.and I have seen many mags with some Magic marker type markings on them. come out of the white box...I have a couple that have numbers on the front of the mag. ( not the side like yours)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Predator FS (looks like a phantom but only has 4 slots) and it looked alot like that. Honestly, after silver soldering it on and shooting it once, I don't notice it anymore..
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#4]
And Im a stickler for quality...I buy something new, I expect it new...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
yup
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, that is not a new mag in any way, shape or form.  

This is a new mag:
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Send it back....

And clean you fingernails!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL...that what I get for cleaning grease out of an M39 stock all day long...psh!

Im still waiting to hear from YHM about what the deal is with the FH....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And Im a GUCCI QUEER!...I buy something new, I expect it new...

I can understand the Phantom issue, but to and post it on the web, all for a $25 part seems "bitchy".

These are new in the case, bulk packed no wrap..
So they will have some storage marks..Even the follower has a little spot..
We have been putting them in a Military Mag Bag.

The ad for the mags clearly states they were stored in a box. What did you expect?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:

AZ-K9...meet Board rules, Board rules, meet AZ-K9....gucci queer? Wow....did I strike nerve?

Last time I checked this was a public forum, I'm only posting my experience. Take a hike, asshat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
The ad for the mags clearly states they were stored in a box. What did you expect?

Clue knocking*****   Followers don't get worn like that in a box.

I got a nice SIG mag from Copes, but I would not be happy with the mags in the pic and would say so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

AZ-K9...meet Board rules, Board rules, meet AZ-K9....gucci queer? Wow....did I strike nerve?

Last time I checked this was a public forum, I'm only posting my experience. Take a hike, asshat.

You struck a nerve in the sense that every day some whiny crybaby comes along on the site and posts disparaging remarks about good companies, using it as some juvenile form of blackmail. "I've emailed the co. and we'll see what they say", bullshit. This after trying to discredit the person you bought them from (as shown by your pooly edited original post).

Neither of those "defects" affect performance of the item. I buy things to use, not look at.

I have no connection with either co. other than having a YHM forend and phantom. If you were unhappy with the products you should take care of it approporiately, instead of shitting on the company.

You reek of Airsoftery.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Clue knocking*****   Followers don't get worn like that in a box.

I got a nice SIG mag from Copes, but I would not be happy with the mags in the pic and would say so.

Really, maybe you should read the ad again. It clearly states there are marks on the followers....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL sweet. Nice to know....and for your reading pleasure....

I emailed BOTH vendors before ANY posts were made. The vendor of the YHM never got back to me, and I dont mind. It was the manufacturer that was at fault. I NEVER included the name of the vendor in my first post. I didn't EDIT his name out. I edited to make SURE that people (like you) CLEARLY knew the VENDOR of the YHM wasn't at fault.

Copes on the other hand, replied to my email, and told me to send them back for a refund. They also made it ABSOLUTELY clear they were no good vendors (in MY experience so far) by being ADAMANT that these mags were brand new, never used, with some storage marks....uh yeah, right. This has obviously been disproved....

You reek of lack of reading comprehension skills...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Really, maybe you should read the ad again. It clearly states there are marks on the followers....

Clearly a used mag in the pic, no way a follower gets to looking like that from handling.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I can understand you being not satisfied with the mags you got.  However, why keep bitching about it?  Cope stated TWICE in the post you linked that if you were unsatisfied, to send them back and he'd refund your money.  What's the problem?  He's trying to make it right by giving you a REFUND on a product with which you're not satsified.  Sounds like good CS to me.  Or would you like him to send you the refund, and you get to keep the mags?  For fucks sake...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
considering those mags are going NEW IN WRAP here for about 15.00 retail. i would be pissed if i had recieved those mags for that price. it is not NIW and if it was presented that way he needs to refund your money.

mike

From the linked thread:

Quoted:
Dravis,

If your not happy with these please send them back. We stated in our ad that some was new in wrap and others were new not in wrap. These magazines come in 100 mag cases that are seperated with a cardboard sleeve. We had a detailed picture of these magazines on our website.

As far as there only being 30%finish on these magazines. Thats a powdercoat on these magazines that typical for USGI magazines. As far as them being inserted in the gun and used these came from a sealed case..

Like a say if your not happy send them back for a refund...

Thanks
Roger
www.copesdist.com

Quoted:
Dravis,

Thats why we said if your not happy with these magazines. Please send them back for a FULL Refund... That would include shipping. Were not out to screw or mislead anyone. We had several cases of these magazines come in.. They were all sealed labled from various mfg. We sold several cases of Sanchez, Okay, LaBelle. Thats why are ad on our site stated that some were new in wrap some were not..

All i can do is ask for you to send them back and we can get them taken care of.

Thanks
Roger

Two times, he offered.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
his add said

AR15/M16 USGI
30rnd. LEO Marked with green Follower
This case of 100 is made by Okay Industries.
These are new in the case, bulk packed no wrap..
So they will have some storage marks..Even the follower has a little spot..
We have been putting them in a Military Mag Bag..

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Im bitching about shitty sales practices. You dont label something as new, never used, with some follower marks/body wear from PACKAGING, and then have magazines that have OBVIOUSLY been inserted into a mag well, and USED....carbon buildup on the followers, finish wear on the front of the mag from loading, felt pen numbers....NIW with some marks? 30% of the finish gone??!

Yeah....right. I don't see how you wouldnt be pissed at this...but then again, I dont know your relation to Copes, and neither does anyone else here.

You bet your ass im sending them back...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yeah....right. I don't see how you wouldnt be pissed at this...but then again, I dont know your relation to Copes, and neither does anyone else here.

I didn't know Copes existed till a couple of weeks ago (before the ban ended) when I caught wind that he had new 25 round Condor 10/22 mags for $20/ea.  That was my first ever dealing with the guy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#24]
off with his account( ban him)
IBTL
PIE
MARPAT

woohoo my first one!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Im bitching about shitty sales practices. You dont label something as new, never used, with some follower marks/body wear from PACKAGING, and then have magazines that have OBVIOUSLY been inserted into a mag well, and USED....carbon buildup on the followers, finish wear on the front of the mag from loading, felt pen numbers....NIW with some marks? 30% of the finish gone??!

You bet your ass im sending them back...

Aside from the fact that the vendor is taking them back, refunding your money including the shipping because you aren't happy with them.

The ad doesn't say new, never used.  He indicates there are storage marks on them.  
From your photos what you are calling 30% of the finish gone is not even finish wear, it's the dry film that readily shows rub marks.

See this photo?  The magazines on the top and bottom have finish wear, see the gold like color?  That son, is finish wear.  Dry film scuffing is not finish wear.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top