Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 7:26:09 PM EDT
I have a DPMS 16inch preban upper flat top with detachable carry handle. It's on a FAB10 lower and I lover the compactness of my AR. I want to add a light to illuminate my way, but without adding size to my AR.
What is the smallest way to add a light to my AR?
What is the simpliest, ie least work/mods?
and which is the cheapest?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
tagged.... I dont have any answers, but I'm interested to see what comes up.... If pre-ban, I suspect bayonet Lug is there, but WAY under utilized... I've been thinking how one might use it.  Seems like it would be real handy too to just pop it on/off as needed.  There are a few products out there, but they seem to be expensive ($65+) and specific to one light (cant use it for a streamlight if you bought it for a surefire).  And THATs just to make it so you can buy the "normal" mount to stick on it, and then the light on that... starts getting rather "Rube Goldbergish".   Hopefully with the ban sunset, and more bayolug rifles around, someone will figure it out.

BTW, what do you think is reasonable price?  I'm thinking $75 tops, out the door, everything needed to mount it in an elegant yet flexible way (put it on nitestand to help you find your weapons, snap it on, and bring to bear)

Hoping experts will chime in!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You will probably have better luck posting www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=20 here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What is the smallest way to add a light to my AR?
What is the simpliest, ie least work/mods?
and which is the cheapest?

Pick 2 of the 3 and we'll tell ya.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I supppose I was looking for mutliple solutions.
So what you think the most expensive, elegant solution, to keeping the light and mount small. Then what would be a relatively cheap mount /ight, to do the job too. Actully the Mag light duct tape thing, isn't too bad of an idea. HAHAHA
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
You can bolt on a rail on the bottom of the handguard and mount a M3 light on it.
It would be easy, compact and relatively cheap for a good lighting system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top