Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 7:21:08 PM EDT
Sorry everyone, but I'm pretty excited about my new pool table so heres a pic. It was just installed today. It's a Contender Tahoe, made by Brunswick. About the least expensive,decent pool table I could find, but its mine Anyway, in case your wondering how it relates to AR's, I sold a Rock River M4gery to help pay for it. I know, its a cardinal sin on this board, but this is one of those things that I always wanted since I was a kid, so I did it anyway.  Brunswick was running a special so I got a sweet old time pool hall chair with it that holds my Bud Light perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the pre-ban or post-ban pool table
Must be post-ban, no bayonet lug
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I always thought about getting one but realized it would get old after a while and would just collect dust
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

they have to be pre-ban balls in order for it to be legal
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I think your membership here should be revoked and you should be banned for selling your AR
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they have to be pre-ban balls in order for it to be legal

looks like those cop-killer ballz
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think your membership here should be revoked and you should be banned for selling your AR

Was wondering how long it would take before someone hit me with that one........Don't worry, my next project will be a RRA 9mm, saved enough on the pool table to get the stripped lower this weekend...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I always thought about getting one but realized it would get old after a while and would just collect dust

They work great for large dinner party's. Just make sure you use the pot-passers and empty the chicken bones out of the pockets when dinner is over.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep.

I have an Olhausen table that is gorgeous, Brunswick Centennial billiard balls, tournament grade light blue felt, Mucci cues, and when I want to play I go to the local pool hall and pay to play.

It is not the game itself, it is the atmosphere and the opponents that make the game of billiards.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
It's pre-ban.. the rack holds more than 10 rounds err.. balls.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

I have an Olhausen table that is gorgeous, Brunswick Centennial billiard balls, tournament grade light blue felt, Mucci cues, and when I want to play I go to the local pool hall and pay to play.

It is not the game itself, it is the atmosphere and the opponents that make the game of billiards.

Yeah, I thought of that, but this is our first house that is actually big enough to entertain in, so hopefully we will be having friends over alot and this will get plenty of use. I work retail and weekends off are rare, but I'm off this saturday so It's definately gonna get broken in good this weekend...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

and pool halls are not that expensive and you get to enjoy a night out with some friends as well
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Yeah, I thought of that, but this is our first house that is actually big enough to entertain in, so hopefully we will be having friends over alot and this will get plenty of use. I work retail and weekends off are rare, but I'm off this saturday so It's definately gonna get broken in good this weekend...

They are fun to have if you like to entertain.  For awhile you will have friends coming to play that were never around before.  After awhile, the newness wears off and it just sits there.  You may play on it once or twice a month, if that.

I hate to be such a killjoy, but I'm just telling you the truth as experienced by myself and several friends.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#13]
very nice! enjoy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top