Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 7:08:29 PM EDT
and it sounds like a war trophy ak47 to me.

here's the link     asshat

Kerry denies owning assault rifle

New York, NY, Sep. 27 (UPI) -- Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry has denied a report he owns a Chinese assault rifle, the New York Times reported Monday.

The issue came to light in October's "Outdoor Life" magazine, which features questions and answers with Kerry and President George Bush. Asked what his favorite gun was, Kerry's published response was: "My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam.

"I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle."

However, Kerry campaign spokesman Michael Meehan told the Times Kerry actually owns two guns, a double-barreled 12-gauge shotgun and the rifle, which Meehan said Kerry "keeps as a relic" and had never fired.

While the magazine claimed it had done an "exclusive interview with the two presidential candidates," Meehan said many of the remarks attributed to Kerry had in fact been written by campaign staff, who filled out the magazine's questionnaire.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top