Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 6:50:39 PM EDT
Who have no idea what they're talking about. I don't mean to include people that think a certain law should change; I'm talking about people who say the law is X, Y, or Z and that's that.  

People on here are criticizing trademark law, or the law of trespassing, or stalking and a goodly number are either completely wrong or just opining without any regard to what the law actually is.  Some will insist what the law is even when someone points to the actual law or case that says they're wrong.  

What's the point of this?  The law is something that exists; it may be good or bad, but like gravity it needs to be dealt with.  You don't do yourself or anyone else any favors by misquoting what it is.  And it's complicated, at least in part, because life is complicated and the law consists of a lot of fine gradations between what can and can't be done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You know, it's against the CoC to talk about that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You know, it's against the CoC to talk about that.

Really?  I didn't see it on the conduct code link.  Sorry I am new here and keep hearing about this strict code rules stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You may be right Shivan, but I try to limit myself to areas of (1) taste, where the standards of right and wrong are nearly limitless and (2) things I know at least something about.

If you think I'm uptight, check out socnet.  Unless you have been there and done that, they get on your ass for talking about things on which you may have written a doctoral dissertation on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top