Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 5:44:51 PM EDT
The Discovery Times Channel has back to back hours tonite and tomorrow, of "Battle for Baghdad" which features hand to hand & house to house fighting in the taking of Baghdad

it is the real deal and makes a guy proud of the marines and army divisions that put it to the Bad guys.

On right now and at 10 and again several times over next day or two.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discovery Times Channel? What's that?

Don't tell me they've created a new channel. First, they move all of the cool military aircraft programs to Discovery Wings (which I don't get). Now they move all the grunt action to Discovery Times (that I also don't get)?

I suppose Discovery (the regular one) will move all the cool stuff to channels I don't get while going the same route as TLC and show freaking cooking/decorating shows and shit like that. Bastards.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a collaborative between the Discovery Channel and The New York Times.

never mind the NY Times liberal views- this reporting is the real deal- no commentary
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Great, another channel I don't get!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
guys gotta get DirecTV
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
guys gotta get DirecTV

I have Dish Network. I just can't afford moving up to the package that contains all those channels. It's an extra $100 per bill to get 50 channels when I only want about 3 out of the package. That's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
AWESOME POST.  almost missed this.  
I try and notify arkom once in awhile ofthe good stuff too.  Now I benifitted - awesome!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
this is SERIOUS action footage, commanders commentary, digital maps, etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 I have Mediacom Cable and I don't get this stuff.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like 2 parts and they are running it several times in the next 2 days.

times.discovery.com/schedule/schedule.jsp?date=today&channel=DTC
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#10]
HAHAHAH recoilless rifle bolted to a 250cc honda bike vs. M1 abrams!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#11]
WOWOWOWW  that footage of the convoy getting shot up and the humvees on fire.  A marine jumped in the  BURNING HUMVEE to clear the front end of the ambush.  

SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!

(and the bridge story is incredible.  using the folding bridge ON TOP OF a cratered bridge!)
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]
any adds that you can buy it on dvd?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#13]
cant find it on their web page which is [here
check their schedule anyway
with footage like.........

Battle for Baghdad
The Covert war in Laos
Hunting the Taliban: US Special Forces in Afghanistan

it would pay to hook this channel up, as I think it is the R rated war footage that is unfit for children, but sought after by men
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#14]
it's on again now... unreal  analysis of urban warfare ALL ANAYLSIS DONE BY THE MARINES and their commanders...very little narrator annoyances... tons of footage and cpmp models of battles.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:12:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Isn't it the same program they have been showing for over a year now?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Any chance one of you guys could tape it for me?  I don't get cable
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought all Discovery channel had on was morons building ugly motorcycles.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#18]
this is disc times, theres also disc wings, disc home, disc science
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone gotten the History channel "M" Military Channel Yet? Ive seen ads but cant find it on my directv?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I thought all Discovery channel had on was morons building ugly motorcycles.

you are right about that. Ugly people and real ugly and (relatively) cheap looking bikes compared to Simms and (??the guy in arizona??)

But that is the Discovery Channel (as in the origianl one) this is another channel that does in-depth reporting on topics and- as evidenced by the war footage shown on Battle for Baghdad- is able to show the R rated stuff that is too hard core for 'regular' cable stations

it is somewhat obscure, since it resides way up the dial (for me, on digital cable service) ) at channel 135.

so you may have it an not realize it.

If not, ask your service provider (shameless pimp job)

I offered the web page in an earlier post, but if you missed it, here you go.........click here
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Discovery Times Channel has back to back hours tonite and tomorrow, of "Battle for Baghdad" which features hand to hand & house to house fighting in the taking of Baghdad

it is the real deal and makes a guy proud of the marines and army divisions that put it to the Bad guys.

On right now and at 10 and again several times over next day or two.

They have great maps and simulations to explain things. Hope they do more of this series.

Edit: 100 Years of Terror is on A&E and HI
shows the tactics and effects all through history right up to today. I've seen the red revolution in Russia, red brigades in Italy, meinhoffen (S?) in Germany and the Israeli and Arab methods of terrorism. Very cool.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#22]
did you say history M channel.  I have history international, not history M.

I think we're talkin bout same thing though...lemme check
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Discovery Times is the only network I really watch anymore.

It kicks ass.

They had a great documentary on a couple weeks ago about the civil war in Liberia.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#24]
nope, nothing on their site... but history international has QUITE GOOD programming.  mostly historical of course, but many many military specials.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
guys gotta get DirecTV

or Dish Network

I have it!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#26]
[highjack]

Hey redfisher.....  Nice Avatar !

[/highjack]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Channel 285 on DirecTV
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
[highjack]

[/highjack]

easy there, Buckaroo, it was gift from a fellow ARFCOM'er and I wanted to show my appreciation with a week's worth of display...........after that, its all yours..........again

....at ease.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[highjack]

[/highjack]

easy there, Buckaroo, it was gift from a fellow ARFCOM'er and I wanted to show my appreciation with a week's worth of display...........after that, its all yours..........again

....at ease.

edited to add: MY NEW Sig line (Take that, Buckaroo!)

sh**t ...it didn't show  up...yet

Hey No problem..... You can keep it if you want. The are actually slightly different anyway.

I was just complimenting your obvious good taste in picking Avatars !
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#31]
tagged for later.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#32]
If this isn't a good reason to be able to have ala carte cable channels, I don't know what is.  I ain't buying up some fancy deluxe package. I pay too much for what I have now. 78 channels, maybe 4 worth a shit...which is why I spend a lot of time on the Net, or with the wife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top