Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 5:05:21 PM EDT
I don't like the idea of checkpoints, but if it catchs and helps deport illegal aliens, I could be swayed to support it.
But, here we have city leaders buckling under to the will of the invading army.

Will we never learn?

Oakland halts DUI checkpoints after Hispanic leaders complain

OAKLAND, Calif. The Oakland Police Department has halted its use of D-U-I checkpoints after the city's Hispanic leaders complained that the roadblocks were ensnaring too many illegal immigrants.
D-U-I checkpoints allow police officers to demand drivers' licenses and proof of insurance. City leaders agree the roadblocks are an effective way to get drunken drivers off the streets.

But Hispanic community leaders and City Council President Ignacio De La Fuente complained that the checkpoints were making life miserable for illegal immigrants who aren't licensed to drive but otherwise obey the law.

Police Chief Richard Word has ordered a month-long moratorium on the checkpoints while the department drafts new guidelines.

But City Councilmember Larry Reid says stopping the D-U-I checkpoints threatens public safety.

(AP Credit: Oakland Tribune)www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?s=2350365
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen the Govt give so much immunity to a group of people like ILLEGAL Aliens
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
It is re-freshing to see that people that do not belong here do not get hassled, and that they have representation to guarentee their human rights.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is re-freshing to see that people that do not belong here do not get hassled, and that they have representation to guarentee their human rights.

they dont have any right to be here
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]

You can never snag TOO MANY .
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
These fuckers are breaking at least 3 laws at the time they are stopped...how can these scum bag "community leaders" get away with this bull shit???
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
if the police had any balls over there they would ignore thier complaints.

let the minorites take it to the supreme court....if they win.....then we will know for sure if we have a bigger problem to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
This evening De La Fuente said he never said that and the chief is making it up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe what has happend to the US.  It's like a Bizaro world where illegals have the rights and flaunt it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
They should be glad I'm not in charge, because the checkpoints would look more like this.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
How much do you want to bet they dont have insurance either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How much do you want to bet they dont have insurance either.

yeah really, a crime us measley citizens would get arrested for
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#15]

...making life miserable for illegal immigrants who aren't licensed to drive but otherwise obey the law.

So, like I'm sure that the death penalty for capital murder is "making life miserable" for serial killers who "otherwise obey the law."

What did you people do to California to get that place so f-ed up? Man!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Would love to goto Kalifornistan and masquerade as an illegal alien. I speak enough Russian to make a good front of it. Get a driver's license as Sergei Wganzvich. Fill out all the 4473s for the goodies that I want, and disappear back into the real world.

Would be easier than having these boating accidents at Toledo Bend.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#17]
One of the greatest errors the Romans made was debasing citizenship by offering it to all comers.  I think it was Diocletian (somebody smart correct me).  Anyway, if it is defacto legal to be an illegal immigrant who can go on the dole, get a DL and then vote, being an American citizen is debased.  We will sell our very souls for cheap labor.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#18]
This is another thing that will change when I become king..

Vote Red_5 in 2004!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Guys, quit your bitching and do something about it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Is everyone else too scared to correlate this w/ Bush?  

OPEN BORDERS

BLANKET AMNESTY

SSN BENEFITS

MEDICAL BENEFITS
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I was reading boortz.com the other day - he said he had run across the question: Did the average Roman know that his country was falling apart (words to that effect) and did we realize what was happening here, now?
There isn't anyplace I know of that doesn't have a large illegal population, and they are given comfort with our (tax) money. It is treason - straight up, nothing else you can call it. Generally non-violent, definitely hostile invasion  

Do *what* about it??
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#22]
They are not complaining about being deported. They are complaining about being ticketed for CVC 12500(a) Unlicensed driver and CVC 16028(a) No insurance.  Plus their cars are impounded for 30-Day under CVC 14602.6(a). the vehicle owner has to pay the towing and storage fees to get the car back.. those fees are around $800.00.

I'm not fan of checkpoints. But illegals have nothing comming. they should not even have 4th or 5th admendment protections. those rights should be reserved for Americans while in America, only.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#23]

But Hispanic community leaders and City Council President Ignacio De La Fuente complained that the checkpoints were making life miserable for illegal immigrants who aren't licensed to drive but otherwise obey the law.

How is it miserable for them when they are here illegaly in the first place (therefore breaking our laws) and they should not even be allowed to fucking drive on our streets. They have NO insurance and do not know our laws so our fuckin' insurance skyrockets each year because they have nothing but disregard for any law or safety in this Country. I see them every day driving with children and none of them have seat belts and the way they drive only invites accidents to occur.
Why do they put their children in harms way when they claim to "want a better life for their family".

I'm not against people wanting to make a better life in this Country but there are simple and legal way to do such.

Just my rant.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Heard on the radio this afternoon that Oakland was supposebly going to resume the checkpoints as before.  Wait to see if that actually happens.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
And this topic brings up my on-going peeve: Who are latino civic leaders loyal to? Over and over I've seen this crap come up and guess how they always vote? Yup, pro Mexican and anti citizen all the time taking their city paycheck to the bank. When people say the countries going to the dogs I think of this topic first. Then gun bans.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#26]
yep.  And its only getting worse.  

Mexico has a standing policy of exporting its undesirables out to leech off the U.S. economy.
FFS they have a Department of Emigration!

from here:

Mario Obledo, former California Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare; co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF); former president of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC); recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Clinton:

"Eventually we are going to take over all the political institutions of California." ". . . they (those who don't like it) ought to go back to Europe."

Art Torres, former California state senator, chairman of the California Democratic Party:

"Remember, 187 (proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to noncitizens) is the last gasp of white America in California! Understand that."

Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor:

"We are politicizing every single one of these new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country. . . . I gotta tell you that a lot of people are saying, 'I'm going out there and vote because I want to PAY THEM BACK!'"

Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets:

"Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future! You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. . . . Through love of having children, we are going to take over."

Fernando Guerra, professor, Loyola Marymount:

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos . . . non-Latinos aren't watching, they aren't raising questions."

Armando Navarro, professor, University of California:

". . . you are like the generals who command armies! We're in a state of war!"

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Council:

"They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're right. We will take them over."

Charles Truxillo, professor, University of New Mexico:

"Republica del Norte," the Republic of the North, which would include the present U.S. states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, plus southern Colorado, along with several current Mexican states, is "an inevitability." The new "Hispanic homeland" should be brought into being "by any means necessary."

Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas, Arlington; founder of La Raza Unida political party; and beneficiary of American generosity:

"We have an aging white America. . . . They are dying. . . . They are ******** in their pants with fear! I love it!" "We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

David Lopez, sociologist, California State University, Northridge:

"In 1848, Mexico lost the war, but in 2050, Mexico will have reclaimed what was rightfully theirs."

MEChA (Chicano Student Movement):

"Chicano and Chicana students of Aztlan must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo with the community, politicizing our Raza with an emphasis on indigenous consciousness to continue the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlan." -- preamble to MEChA's national constitution.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just wait until they start giving them benefits for things like health care, social security, housing... Oh wait, they do some of that already.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The Oakland Police Department has halted its use of D-U-I checkpoints after the city's Hispanic leaders complained that the roadblocks were ensnaring too many illegal immigrants.

the city's Hispanic leaders complained that the roadblocks were ensnaring TOO MANY "ILLEGAL"  IMMIGRANTS

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Which is the WORSE of this outcome?  Hmm.  Too many DRUNKS or Too many ILLEGAL CITIZENS?  Being on the road, I'd first vote for <-Too many DRUNKS->.   But then again, I have problems with D-U-I checkpoints as well.  

'Oh what a woven web we have allowed.'

God bless them "Hispanic leaders",  who "complained" enough to protect those GODDAMNED DRUNK ASS  "illegal immigrants" from D-U-I checkpoints.  They were all perfectly sober.   Like we don't have enough LEGALLY DRUNK, or is it DRUNK LEGALS, or maybe HOMEGROWN DRUNK-ASS DIPSHITS.  Am I missing something here?  Oh.  I'm sorry, the above illegals were NOT described as being drunks.   RIGHT?  Just ILLEGAL citizens occupiers/titsuckers.  

Would it be discremanatory to ask, ...  OK.  I just got it.  Never mind.  All those "illegal immigrants" were perfectly sober.  It was NEVER the point of the D-U-I checkpoints to catch anyone too drunk to drive.  TOO BAD SO MUCH SHIT  many  <ILLEGAL CITIZENS> CAME TO THE TOP   Parden me.  That was unfair and politically incorrect.   (and if it didn't why did they complain so, Hmmm?).  

Next time we will only try to catch drunk Americans.  All illegal citizens, drunk or sober, get a free pass.  

you are soo  FUCKEDD!  ...

But then again, YMMV.

Somewhere else.

Never mind.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Illegal immigrants who obey the law?

Whiskey tango foxtrot?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:35:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wait until they start giving them benefits for things like health care, social security, housing... Oh wait, they do some of that already.

.....Free Food "credit's" also so they have the ability to have 12 chillren!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
yep.  And its only getting worse.  

Mexico has a standing policy of exporting its undesirables out to leech off the U.S. economy.
FFS they have a Department of Emigration!

from here:

Mario Obledo, former California Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare; co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF); former president of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC); recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Clinton:

"Eventually we are going to take over all the political institutions of California." ". . . they (those who don't like it) ought to go back to Europe."

Art Torres, former California state senator, chairman of the California Democratic Party:

"Remember, 187 (proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to noncitizens) is the last gasp of white America in California! Understand that."

Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor:

"We are politicizing every single one of these new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country. . . . I gotta tell you that a lot of people are saying, 'I'm going out there and vote because I want to PAY THEM BACK!'"

Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets:

"Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future! You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. . . . Through love of having children, we are going to take over."

Fernando Guerra, professor, Loyola Marymount:

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos . . . non-Latinos aren't watching, they aren't raising questions."

Armando Navarro, professor, University of California:

". . . you are like the generals who command armies! We're in a state of war!"

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Council:

"They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're right. We will take them over."

Charles Truxillo, professor, University of New Mexico:

"Republica del Norte," the Republic of the North, which would include the present U.S. states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, plus southern Colorado, along with several current Mexican states, is "an inevitability." The new "Hispanic homeland" should be brought into being "by any means necessary."

Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas, Arlington; founder of La Raza Unida political party; and beneficiary of American generosity:

"We have an aging white America. . . . They are dying. . . . They are ******** in their pants with fear! I love it!" "We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

David Lopez, sociologist, California State University, Northridge:

"In 1848, Mexico lost the war, but in 2050, Mexico will have reclaimed what was rightfully theirs."

MEChA (Chicano Student Movement):

"Chicano and Chicana students of Aztlan must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo with the community, politicizing our Raza with an emphasis on indigenous consciousness to continue the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlan." -- preamble to MEChA's national constitution.

When it get's to a certain point, there will be another civil war and if there is, I hope they go after Fineswine and Boxer first. First it will be the Latino's against the blacks, then everyone will go at it.

It's coming....tick, tock, tick, tock...

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Oakland Mayor Jerry Brown has said he will order the PD to resume the DUI check points.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top