Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 2:35:05 PM EDT
Once again I turn to Arfcom and its wealth of knowledge to ask a question that has to do nothing with firearms. If you can help me, IM me and we'll talk on a private channel.

Maybe I'm just being a over cautious son; but for the first time my mother, who has been divorced for 4 years has found a guy who seems "too good to be real." I would like to run a simple background check to make sure that she will be safe and he has no history. If anyone can tell me how to get it ran or if you can run it yourself please let me know. I'm not looking for any special info I just need a simple, he's ok or stay away.

Thanks friends,
Jerad
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Try:

www.1800USSEARCH.COM

Gotta pay to get a background check on someone, not sure who can do it...but it looks pretty straight forward
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The quickest way is to put two grams of coke in he ashtray of his car and call the popo . If he comes up clean besideds the drug bust , He was an ok guy .
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help macro and thanks for the laugh Kodiak. I'm low on funds right now so I'm hoping someone who can run it will chime in, however if not I'll be trying the 1800ussearch.com.

Thanks
Jerad
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Most states have the circuit court info in a computer database.  Here in WI it's: wcca.wicourts.gov
All you need is a persons name.  A middle initial and/or a date of birth helps narrow it down.  The WI site gives everything from traffic to divorce stuff.  And it's free.  I use it frequently.  Your state should have something similar.  Happy hunting!

Edit: another possibility is to find a cooperative LEO type.  My son-in-law is one and he has helped me out in the past.  Or how about this: get his info including SS # and have an FFL run a NICS check.  They are free.  Tell the FFL that the guy wants to buy a rifle from you and you're just being cautious.  NICS won't give details, but if he's OK to buy a gun you can be sure there's no felony convictions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I can run a NICS check on my own, pretty good Idea

I'll have to find out where he was born and alittle more about him, but yea I can do it. The only bad thing is that it isn't going to tell me much, but it'll get me by untill someone else decides to help.

Jerad
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
BUMP for the night crew, I still need help.

Thanks
Jerad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top