Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 11:38:02 AM EDT
Has anyone heard when higher capacity mags for the Walther P22 will be available? There isn't exactly a stockpile of LEO mags to pull from on this one, so I wonder how long it'll be before they start showing up....

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the grip provide enough space for a double stack mag? I don't think you could get too many more rounds in there anyhow, but that's JMHO
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does the grip provide enough space for a double stack mag? I don't think you could get too many more rounds in there anyhow, but that's JMHO

The mag is blocked signifacantly farther up than it needs to be.  I have toyed with them and shot them, and there is clearly enough space to go to at least 15 rounds single stacked.  A non-flush-fit mag could have a much larger capacity for giggles!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Can our current supply be modified?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I doubt the BATFE would have allowed the sales of a "post-ban" magazine that could be easily modified.  It might be something to look at though, it you own one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
My P22 is a Jam-O-MATIC!

I finally called them and complained and they said it was under recall, so I sent it back to them and they returned it a couple weeks ago.  I went to the range and

JAM-O-MATIC part II.  STILL friggin' jamming.  One mag is significantly better but the other mag won't feed a second bullet at all.  One bullet feeds/fires,  then nothing in the chamber.

Mix that with the fact the F'in safety is backwards and you can have the damn thing. I'll sell it and get another Ruger.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
+1

Quoted:
My P22 is a Jam-O-MATIC!

I finally called them and complained and they said it was under recall, so I sent it back to them and they returned it a couple weeks ago.  I went to the range and

JAM-O-MATIC part II.  STILL friggin' jamming.  One mag is significantly better but the other mag won't feed a second bullet at all.  One bullet feeds/fires,  then nothing in the chamber.

Mix that with the fact the F'in safety is backwards and you can have the damn thing. I'll sell it and get another Ruger.....

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
+1

Quoted:
My P22 is a Jam-O-MATIC!

Mine will shoot any ammo I throw at it, I have maybe had 1 FTF and 2 stove pipe in 6,000 rounds.

Good luck with yours,

Jerad
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#9]
mine works all the time, every shot.

however. the barrel nut shot its self loose and after a few hundred rounds of not knowing thisresulted in a warped barrel. you can actually see the rifling outlining on the outside surface.

i've looked for a replacement barrel but the cheapest i could find is 85 bucks.

almost a 1\3 of the price of the gun.

bottom line. ..my only complaint is the little bitch barrel on the gun. ive seen pellet guns that have stronger barrels.

otherwise. it was a fun gun and a great starter pistol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#10]
When I emailed them last week they said they had no plans to make larger capacity mags.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My P22 is a Jam-O-MATIC!

I just fired a supressed one at a gunshop a week or so ago, went through 150 rds as fast as we could pop 'em and didn't have the first malf.  Unfortunately it gave me the bug for a suppressor!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#12]
The magazines marked with an "A" at the end don't seem to have problems with jamming ...the otheres for some reason do. I don't know why, but something to look for.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#13]
mine runs like a champ. Although i do have mags marked with "A"s.

J
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine is spoiled and only works with Remington Sub-Sonic's or Remington hyper velocity (forgot the name)..It hates Federal, CCI, and Winchester and it jams/stovepipes..

I have heard other finicky guns only liking Remington as well...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine likes the gold remingtons.  Hates the cheap stuff.  But will not have any failures of any kind with good ammo.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#17]
mine works great, I've only used remington plated ammo though.

I'd love to see some +capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone else having any accuracy issues?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Anyone else having any accuracy issues?

Yea, and it james like hell too.  I need to get rid of mien
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I just sent mine off to the factory because the slide would not lock back after the mag was emptied. A small piece of metal is missing from the upper were the slide lock hits. Other than that, it's never failed me. I use it with a can too. I had an older one I had sold to a friend, and about a week after I sold it to him it stopped working. The hammer would not fall all the way. It would fall to half cocked. He sent it, and got a brand new one in its place.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt the BATFE would have allowed the sales of a "post-ban" magazine that could be easily modified.  It might be something to look at though, it you own one.

Ahahhahaha! Are you kidding! Beretta mags only had dimples on the side of the body keeping them capped to 10rnds, mill those out add a new follower and there ya go!  BATF doesnt have the time to explore all the possibilities that could have been, and I doubt they ever cared anyways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top