Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 10:15:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see a problem with it, other than maybe  one should atleast be a Team Member!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I mean if that is OK with Mods and Staff I will start doing that today....I have been using email and IM for this sort of communication, but if I can leach off of someone else's ad, while also seeing if they want to trade I am all for that.....

Sure it bumps other people's ads down, but it's all about #1, right?

You mean you don't have a troll account for just this reason?

I have always thought the proper way would be to email them and ask them.
Especially if they say WTS or FS and do not say WTT or WTS/T which opens up the discussion for trades.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
so are you just bitching or are you

INTERESTED IN ANY TRADES? MY TRADE LIST

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

funny
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm looking for ways to heighten the visibility on my ads....

If this is going to be overlooked, then I will use it as a way to do that.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I mean if that is OK with Mods and Staff I will start doing that today....I have been using email and IM for this sort of communication, but if I can leach off of someone else's ad, while also seeing if they want to trade I am all for that.....

Especially if they say WTS or FS and do not say WTT or WTS/T which opens up the discussion for trades.

BigDozer66

Regardless of opening the discussion up.....he's using ads that aren't his to dicuss HIS ads.  Possibly redirecting other people's customers away from the original ad.  I think it sucks.

Shivan,
I did not even think about that when I looked over the ad's!

You make a very good point!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#12]
No, it isn't alright.

The guy is a troll, and he deserves a severe thrashing!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't see anything wrong with it.  He is bumping the other guys ad, not his own.

His own offer to trade can be turned down by the other seller, and no harm done.

It does seem like he is posting his links on quite a few pages though.  If he posts his links on every ad, then it is a little ridiculous.  Even at that, filter though it like I do with posts by poink hound, and Va_dinger.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't see anything wrong with it.  He is bumping the other guys ad, not his own.

His own offer to trade can be turned down by the other seller, and no harm done.

It does seem like he is posting his links on quite a few pages though.  If he posts his links on every ad, then it is a little ridiculous.  Even at that, filter though it like I do with posts by poink hound, and Va_dinger.

However, I run ads too....while he is BTT'ing all these other ads with HIS ad mine is moving further down the page.

That's OK?

I guess I see where you are going.  I don't really like what he is doing, but mostly because it is too much.  If I was interested in 1 particular item and posted a link to stuff I wanted to trade, would that be as bad?

I do think that he did it way too much for comfort, bordering on abuse.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I disagree.

This is hijacking other people's threads in a blatant attempt to muscle in on other people's potential "customers". I don't see one example of him trying to trade with the author of the thread. Instead, he is trying to advertise his own items to people that the author would be potentially doing business with.

This community is only going to be as good as we make it! If you have something to sell, you should submit start a thread like everyone else, and follow the rules for posting on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree.

This is hijacking other people's threads in a blatant attempt to muscle in on other people's potential "customers". I don't see one example of him trying to trade with the author of the thread. Instead, he is trying to advertise his own items to people that the author would be potentially doing business with.

This community is only going to be as good as we make it! If you have something to sell, you should submit start a thread like everyone else, and follow the rules for posting on the EE.

Yeah, I have pretty much changed my mind about this.  Mostly because he has done this MANY times instead of just once.  It is getting a little out of hand.

OTOH, if someone does this once, on an item he is legitimately interested in then it isn't as big of a deal IMO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#20]
pretty obvious he is just spamming his stuff.

i'm sure the Penguin will handle him
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigDozer66

Regardless of opening the discussion up.....he's using ads that aren't his to dicuss HIS ads.  Possibly redirecting other people's customers away from the original ad.  I think it sucks.

That's what I was thinking.  I think that's rather shitty if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pretty obvious he is just spamming his stuff.

i'm sure the Penguin will handle him

Strangely, I IM'ed the penguin and Kevin BEFORE I posted this here, like a WEEK before.

I'm sure they are busy so I thought maybe I would make it a little more "prime time"...

Don't really know why it bugs me so much, but it sure does......

it's definately not legit, especially as strict as they are about the EE
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I've sometimes thought about putting "BOTD" in my titles and adds on the EE. Whatever it takes to make a sale ya know.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm looking for ways to heighten the visibility on my ads....

If this is going to be overlooked, then I will use it as a way to do that.

BOTD comes to mind. Post pic or pretend you're some hot babe. That'll drive a lot of traffic to your ad.

Edited to push shameless plug for the M1A I have in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#27]
It doesn't appear that he is even interested in the other persons ad.  He just wants to get face time for his stuff.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've sometimes thought about putting "BOTD" in my titles and adds on the EE. Whatever it takes to make a sale ya know.  

You know what......that is going to be my NEW thing.

I am going to do that RIGHT F-ing now!!!!!!

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I've neither bought, nor sold anything in the EE.

And I've never really spent more than a couple minutes looking around in there (lost job in Feb.)

But, I'd have to say I agree.... It's fucked up.....

It's pretty obvious that he's just spamming/trolling in other people's ads, trying to hawk his own shit.

If the Mods can't see that for what it is, and make the jerkoff stop, then perhaps they need some new Mods in there.....

The guy obviously has no ethics, so fuck him....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Done.......query my ads in the EE for the new examples.  I will BTT with BOTD pics from now on.....

You've got to do it right, though.  The following examples are actual product pics.  I grabbed them a year or so ago from GunBroker or AuctionArms or one of those sites.

BOTD WARNING!!!!
mywebpages.comcast.net/hoplophile/SlugsForSale.jpg
mywebpages.comcast.net/hoplophile/UbertiForSale.jpg
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Done.......query my ads in the EE for the new examples.  I will BTT with BOTD pics from now on.....

You've got to do it right, though.  The following examples are actual product pics.  I grabbed them a year or so ago from GunBroker or AuctionArms or one of those sites.

BOTD WARNING!!!!
mywebpages.comcast.net/hoplophile/SlugsForSale.jpg
mywebpages.comcast.net/hoplophile/UbertiForSale.jpg

The top one "Slugs for sale" looks like the ebay seller that sells deer mounts, turkey beards etc!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top