Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 10:03:37 AM EDT
www.nrahq.org/education/training/instructor.asp

I have been trained and certified by the NRA as an Instructor.  I have been given permission to use the NRA's training courses and resources to teach the BASIC PISTOL SHOOTING COURSE and the PERSONAL PROTECTION COURSE.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor for the BASIC PISTOL SHOOTING COURSE.

NRA Certified Personal Protection Instructor for the PERSONAL PROTECTION COURSE.

Those that know me know I take my safety pretty seriously.  I want those around me to do the same.
I took this training not in the hopes of making money but with the intent of helping myself and those around me say as safe as possible. This will allow me to give the training to those who wish to get a ccw in VA

My next goal is the NRA range nazi instructor’s course so beware
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice job.  I've had my NRA Rifle Instructor certification for about a year and a half now.  It's fun teaching people about something you enjoy, and hopefully keeping them from doing anything stupid in the future.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the club and congrats. I have had my certs for wow 13 years now. Wait till you start teaching.. Its great
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you get it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How do you get it?

++
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How do you get it?

Check the NRA's site and there is a link there to find an instructor instructor. Get with them and do the course and pay your fee and your one of us.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome aboard!  w00t!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.nrahq.org/education/training/instructor.asp

I have been trained and certified by the NRA as an Instructor.  I have been given permission to use the NRA's training courses and resources to teach the BASIC PISTOL SHOOTING COURSE and the PERSONAL PROTECTION COURSE.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor for the BASIC PISTOL SHOOTING COURSE.

NRA Certified Personal Protection Instructor for the PERSONAL PROTECTION COURSE.

How long did that take, and what did it cost you?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice work! Spread the knowledge.

MT
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How long did that take, and what did it cost you?

If you go to the NRA web site it will list the courses in your area.
I got an e-mail from one of the local clubs asking if there was any interest in the NRA basic Instructor course.  I replied to the e-mail and about a month later a request for 200.00 and a time and place was set for the course.  The course is about 20+25 hours long it. You need to submit qualification sheet and the teacher will review you experience.  He makes the decision if you have enough experience to teach the course.  Most of the students were IDPA or Bulleye shooters. We did have two guys who were already teaching high-level defense courses.  One had worked with the Dept of Energy and the other has his own school Tactical Shooting Academy. They were there to get the NRA rating.

The course can vary in price because the NRA allows the instuctors to make a profit or do it for free, its up to the person holding the course.

The course is more towards instructing you about how to teach others and going over the course literature not about the workings of firearms.

I can now teach and sign off for the training needed to get a CCW in VA.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I start my basic pistol instructor class this Saturday
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#11]
And the best part...30% off any Beretta Firearms including Sako and Tikka factory direct from Beretta.

I am a Basic Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection Instructor.  Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Me, too.

Did my first CCW class end of May this year.

Its great to be able to teach firearms usage and safety.

The BIGGEST single thing I learned is that one day is NOT enuf to teach CCW. Specifically, one hour of range time (50 rounds fired) is NOT enuf.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats!

I am also a NRA certified instructor - Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun and Personal Protection.  In addition I am a Texas DPS certified instructor for the CCW classes.

You will have a great time sharing your knowledge and skills with new and improving shooters.  Stay safe.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top