Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 7:23:05 AM EDT
LINK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEAPONS OF CHOICE
Kerry owns
assault rifle
Despite pushing for bans
against public possession

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 26, 2004
7:13 p.m. Eastern
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Despite pushing for bans against so-called assault weapons, Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry now admits he owns a "Communist Chinese assault rifle.''

''My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam,'' Kerry told Outdoor Life magazine for its October issue. ''I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle.''

When asked by the New York Times for more information about the weapon, Kerry spokesman Michael Meehan said Kerry was a registered gun owner in Massachusetts.

Meehan said Thursday he was unable to ask the senator about the rifle because of Kerry's hoarse voice, and the Times reports he did not respond to further inquiries.

Kerry is a hunter who voiced support for the recently expired assault-weapons ban, and often tells citizens he's never met anyone who wanted to use an AK-47 to shoot a deer.

Andrew Arulanandam, a spokesman for the National Rifle Association, told the Times the comment in Outdoor Life made Kerry's support of the ban disingenuous.

''It's OK for John Kerry to own these kinds of firearms, but it's not OK for John Q. Public?'' Arulanandam said, adding Kerry could be subject to court-martial if the gun were brought home from the war as a souvenir. ''He certainly owes people an explanation as to why there's a double standard.''

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Now he says he doesn't.  And he blames his staff for saying that he does.

Can you say "Flip-flop"?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#2]

I just want to know why Kerry isn't in jail. Koresh didn't break as many laws as Kerry has with just owning his AK and Koresh was killed because of it. And for all, yes, Koresh was a nut and maybe a pedophile nut. But he died at the hands of the ATF and FBI, Kerry get's a pass? There's a word for this...elite hypocrite.

Kerry..."Let them eat cake"
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Now he says he doesn't.  And he blames his staff for saying that he does.

Can you say "Flip-flop"?

I still don't believe it. Maybe I don't want too, but if he does own an AK, he'd lie through his teeth to cover it up.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
he actually seems to be enough of an idiot to not realize what he has. or based on common sense, he may never have even considered that it was illegal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
he actually seems to be enough of an idiot to not realize what he has. or based on common sense, he may never have even considered that it was illegal.

It is only illegal for the 'masses'; not an 'elitist' such as himself. Fucking hypocrite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top