Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 5:26:35 AM EDT
I just finished reading "Guns, Bush & Kerry" by Wayne LaPierre.  It's the same book as "Guns, Freedom & Terrorism", but contains a new chapter about John Kerry's voting record on guns and his politics regarding gun control and thus, a new title.  I received it as a "Thank you" for re-ing up through '07.
It's a good overview on the subject of where we are currently with gun control in America as well as gun control worldwide.  I detected a couple of minor errors but I'd say it's pretty well on the mark.
The problem with books of this kind is, of course, that they are typically only read by people like me, that is to say, members of the choir.  So, it's probably very difficult to make much of a difference with this kind of book, but I guess a "refresher course" is useful for anyone who ever engages the other side in argumentation on the subject of guns.
At any rate, I'd recommend it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review, Coolio.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top