Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:01:11 PM EDT
I'm not naming names, but some folks selling "rare" & "truly collectable" pre ban rifles over in the EE need to get a grip!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Its still everywhere.  It will die down in 6 or 9 months
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not naming names, but some folks selling "rare" & "truly collectable" pre ban rifles over in the EE need to get a grip!

why can't you name names? if they are intentionally ripping people off, they shouldn't allowed to be getting away with that.

that's horse shit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to a Colorado gun show!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Poink, go check the EE... it's not too hard to figure out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You forgot to use "vintage" - that's good for another $300 right there...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget the classic "It's gotta go!!!"

... not at that price Einstein!

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#7]
When I go thru EE, I never look in there. I have been looking since AWB died, and the list of crackheads with outrageous demands for their AR's is mindboggling.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Caveat Emptor.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]
preban rifles in fact do still have some value due to certain states having their own silly little bans.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You forgot to use "vintage" - that's good for another $300 right there...

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#10]

preban rifles in fact do still have some value due to certain states having their own silly little bans.

Key word: some value.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
What ban?  There was a ban?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Key word: some value.

I think the value should be around the range of, the price of smiliar gun new +/- $100
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Some folks are selling home made ars and charging factory built prices.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Yeah, but at least "some folks" is selling his home built ARs' for $500 less than that other "some folks" "rare and collectable" pre ban!  

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yeah, but at least "some folks" is selling his home built ARs' for $500 less than that other "some folks" "rare and collectable" pre ban!  

Agreed, I just can't justify 1k for a franken ar.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#16]
While I have a good laugh at those EE guys, so far the "some-folks-just-can't-face-facts...the-ban-is-over"  IDOT award belongs to the gunshow mag guy, with his crates of factory 10-rounders and overpriced USA "hi-cap" mags. The one at the show this weekend was in total denial.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]

The one at the show this weekend was in total denial.

Did you confront him Engineer? If so, what did he say... was he flat out denying that the ban is over???
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#18]
We got the line at a gunshop when questioning the outrageous price "well you know it is a preban" mr said, yes but the ban is over, they mumbled and said, but it is still a preban .
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Some folks just can't face facts. A seller can ask any price he pleases. You don't have to pay it. let it go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I say we reinstitute public floggings for known liars and cheats.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:12:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I've got a AR in "post-ban" or "collectable" configuration for sale. $5,000.00
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I love (not) the guys who list their items starting or ending with "to those in New York, etc.", basically prefacing their sales add with "allow me to jam a price premium up your A--".  I personally couldn't do that.  I'd take the loss rather than jam somebody who has some BS state law hanging over their head.

I am glad that some don't do that and some people with state bans are getting good preban equipment at good prices, though.

Sell what you want at whatever price you want, just expect to wait a little longer to get $1600 (or whatever you are trying to get) to sell your pre-'94 equipment.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#23]
What if that guy is selling the rifle to pay medical bills.  Maybe the "Its gotta go" means he'll need the money shortly.  None of you know what situations are occuring in these people's lives.

Don't jump to conclusions too fast.  He may be well aware of the market value - but the market value might not cover a sick child's chemo treatments.

Think before you go spouting off about how these people are somehow cheats.

I know - I've been there.  When there is no money, you gotta produce somehow.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Some folks just can't face facts. A seller can ask any price he pleases. You don't have to pay it. let it go.

Some other people can't face facts either. Consumers can share information with other consumers. So no one has to get ripped off. Let it go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The one at the show this weekend was in total denial.

Did you confront him Engineer? If so, what did he say... was he flat out denying that the ban is over???

Waldo asked him if he had any LEO marked mags and his response was something to the effect of that they wouldn't deal in "those" until after December when they were sure that the ban would be gone. It was a pretty asinine answer - if Waldo pops in on this thread, hopefully he can remember what the guy said exactly.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#26]
A rifle (or mags) is worth exactly what somebody is willing to pay for it.  During the ban, all of us that bought gear at inflated prices were ripped off.  It's just part of buying and selling.  An AR is worth 5-600 bucks.  All of us that paid a grand plus should be pretty pissed off if paying more than something is worth is some kind of crime.

Most folks have already dropped their prices.  Everyone else will either soon follow or be stuck with their stuff.  It's all good....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Last time I looked around here there was still a ban in effect
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Sukebe...

I don't see what the problem is friend? I'm not stepping on anyone's EE post, I'm not pointing anyone out by name, & I'm not violating the CoC in any way, shape or form.

Sure, people have the right ask any price they want, just like I have the right to point out that some sellers are full of shit!  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What if that guy is selling the rifle to pay medical bills.  Maybe the "Its gotta go" means he'll need the money shortly.  None of you know what situations are occuring in these people's lives.

Don't jump to conclusions too fast.  He may be well aware of the market value - but the market value might not cover a sick child's chemo treatments.

Good point.  Unfortunately, if money is tight and you need to sell at above-market prices to make end's meat, it helps a lot to let your potential buyer know the reason for above-market prices.  How about "My kid needs chemo and I can't afford it, so I'm trying to sell this AR at twice it's value.  I don't have enough stuff to sell at market value to pay for my son's medical bills." or something of the sort would go a lot farther than "'rare' and 'collectible' Pre-94 gun at outrageous prices"
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Hell Kiesler's is selling AR mags at $20+ a pop...others are selling them at $10....Kiesler's is still not getting it...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sukebe...

I don't see what the problem is friend? I'm not stepping on anyone's EE post, I'm not pointing anyone out by name, & I'm not violating the CoC in any way, shape or form.

Sure, people have the right ask any price they want, just like I have the right to point out that some sellers are full of shit!  

True, some sellers are full of shit. Some buyers are full of shit. They were that way before the ban, during the ban and they will continue to be that way after the ban. When they can come to terms, a buyer can make a buy and a seller can make a sale. I just don't see the point in getting worked up over it, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

if stuff "needs to go" most would list it below market value.  the EE is for buying and selling, not for charity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This is the best post I have seen on this subject!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What if that guy is selling the rifle to pay medical bills. Maybe the "Its gotta go" means he'll need the money shortly. None of you know what situations are occuring in these people's lives.

Don't jump to conclusions too fast. He may be well aware of the market value - but the market value might not cover a sick child's chemo treatments.

... or they could just be greedy!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
if stuff "needs to go" most would list it below market value.  the EE is for buying and selling, not for charity.

+1. If you really needed the cash, then the item has to be priced accordingly. If the amount it sells for doesn't cover the bills, then crack open the safe again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Absolut- makes a good point as some would sell for less than what it was worth but only a "scumbag" (quoted from another woe is me thread!) would pay him less than what would be fair!

There are plenty asking for charity in the EE.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#39]
www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=id:7300

Glock 23 factory preban mag 13 round DF $55

3 GLOCK 22 factory 17rd mags Drop free NEW $75ea.

Glock 22 factory drop free 3rdgen 17rd mag NEW $78

Glock 23 factory preban mag 15 round NDF $65

Glock 22 three factory 17rd mags Drop free $75ea

Colt AR15 M16 preban upper receiver SP1 $110  <<< what is a Preban upper receiver?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=id:7300

Glock 23 factory preban mag 13 round DF $55

3 GLOCK 22 factory 17rd mags Drop free NEW $75ea.

Glock 22 factory drop free 3rdgen 17rd mag NEW $78

Glock 23 factory preban mag 15 round NDF $65

Glock 22 three factory 17rd mags Drop free $75ea

Colt AR15 M16 preban upper receiver SP1 $110  <<< what is a Preban upper receiver?

OR Factory Demo G-17 mags for $14.  Tough call.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I went to a Colorado gun show last weekend with a friend.  He was passing by a table with a guy looking at a Glock mag.  The dealer said it was marked down from 125 to 50 dollars.  The guy said he bought one for 20.  The dealer gets kind of angry and my buddy says they are 17.95 on the internet.  Later on as we were leaving the dealer crosses paths with us again and says that the mags from CDNN are marked LEO and that if a new ban is put on and we have them we would be arrested.  He says he is an FFL so he knows!  We just laugh at him and say BS and walk away.  It was funny and annoying at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I went to a Colorado gun show last weekend with a friend.  He was passing by a table with a guy looking at a Glock mag.  The dealer said it was marked down from 125 to 50 dollars.  The guy said he bought one for 20.  The dealer gets kind of angry and my buddy says they are 17.95 on the internet.  Later on as we were leaving the dealer crosses paths with us again and says that the mags from CDNN are marked LEO and that if a new ban is put on and we have them we would be arrested.  He says he is an FFL so he knows!  We just laugh at him and say BS and walk away.  It was funny and annoying at the same time.

Glock mags have a date of 9-13-94 on them to so that doesn't hold.  And if another ban comes in they will have to deal with the LEO mags in a different way anyhow since they created this whole LEO stamping mess in the first place.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm selling my "rare and collectable" 10-rd. Glock 17 mags:  3 for $30 shipped.

I'm personally glad that they are a collector's item now!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm selling my "rare and collectable" 10-rd. Glock 17 mags:  3 for $30 shipped.

I'm personally glad that they are a collector's item now!

Remember they are part of a 10 year history so get them while you can... they dont make these anymore...

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#46]
labrat454, Iknow they would have to be marked differently and I bet the dealer did also, he was just rationalizing his prices, and trying to fool people into buying his mags.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#48]
this wouldnt happent to be the slabside lower for the bargain price of $800 stripped would it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#49]
You have opposing interests with dealers, especially in a spot transaction like a gun show.  If someone wanted to buy my AR for $1mm I'd sell it.  So would you.  That's how capitalism works.  As long as someone is not committing outright fraud--i.e., representing a used gun as new--then there is no problem.  Just go to the next table, keep the money to yourself, and laugh at the dealer's hubris.  It's only a true "rip off" if someone lies.  If you're an educated consumer, good for you as far as prices go.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#50]
The ban is over? Man, why didn't I get the memo?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top