Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 9:26:11 PM EDT
I want to get an aftermarket stock for my SKS. I threw away the original wood stock cause it was so FUBAR. I have a Butler Creek sporter stock now that I dont really care for. What would you guys go for. Oh and I am not crazy about the folder stocks that are out there... they look cheesy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to get an aftermarket stock for my SKS. I threw away the original wood stock cause it was so FUBAR. I have a Butler Creek sporter stock now that I dont really care for. What would you guys go for. Oh and I am not crazy about the folder stocks that are out there... they look cheesy.

I REALLY like my butler creek stock. How much ya want for yours?

GET WOOD.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Choate stock on my AK.  Here is their standard one for the SKS.  They make a Dragunov as well.  Much nicer than the Fiberforce IMHO.

Choate SKS stock

Dragunov type

Maybe you just need to sleep on it.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I like the Choate stock on my AK.  Here is their standard one for the SKS.  They make a Dragunov as well.  Much nicer than the Fiberforce IMHO.

Choate SKS stock

Dragunov type

Ratters. Linky no worky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm sorta a "purist" when it comes to SKS's (Doesn't mean anything, it's just MY view on 'em)

To ME, SKS's are wooden stocked, 10 rnd (Not 35) semi-auto carbines that'r cool enough "stock" to justify owning.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, I'm sorta a "purists" when it comes to SKS's (Doesn't mean anything, it's just MY view on 'em)

To ME, SKS's are wooden stocked, 10 rnd (Not 35) semi-auto carbines that'r cool enough "stock" to justify owning.

+1 Keep it original.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have mine with the wood stocks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Choate SKS stock

Dragunov type

Ratters. Linky no worky.

OK try it now.

And if not, just go to www.riflestock.com
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Folder.  Earn cool points.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think SKS are sexy enough for folding stocks.  I really like the wood stock on my Yugo SKS, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Other.

Don't really have an opinion, but wanted to see what the poll said and to get ideas for my sks
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Stick with the original wood.

Personally, i can't stand the folders and the draganov stocks.

Plus you can get wood ones for cheap.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I've gone through the folding, Dragonov and Monte Carlo stocks as well as detachable mags and scope mounts.  The lesson I learned is that they work and look better the way they came from the factory.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Another +1 for the original wood stock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a folder...didn't like it at first but now I love it. It's only 3" shorter than my AR with the stock folded, though.

I love SKSs and will eventually buy more. I like the stock look a lot, but you've gotta diversify. Stick w/the 10rd mag though, the aftermarket 30rd ones are junk.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well, I'm sorta a "purist" when it comes to SKS's (Doesn't mean anything, it's just MY view on 'em)

+2

SKS's are beautifully functional machines just the way they came from (whatever ComBlock country yours came from). Putting a folder or a plastic stock on an SKS is like hanging a Warn winch on the front bumper of a Hemi Cuda – it just don't belong there...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I have three sks's One paratrooper with the folding stock that I really enjoy simply because it works great with that rifle. I also have two yugo's one with the wood stock and one that came with a ugly @ss fiberforce stock or atleast I think its ugly but am amazed how many compliments I get from it. I think the only one that can pull off the folding stock are the paratroopers. I have seen way to many yugos with a folding stock and it looks like crap its just to big of a rifle to be sporting a folding stock. If I were to get a aftermarket stock I would probably get a choate dragunov. Also as far as I know it is still illegal to install a folding stock on a sks without U.S. made parts can someone tell me if that is correct. Also if your wanting a larger mag get a chinese made 20 round non detachable mag. They work great and can still use stripper clips.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Whatever you do, IMO, DO NOT GET A RAM-LINE FOLDER!  These bastards are uncomfortable and the forend was a real mother for me to install!  I hate that fucking gas tube pin!  Choate M&T makes a good folder and a great Monte Carlo sporter.  Good luck finding the folder.  I haven't tried too look for a long while though.  Just my $0.02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top