Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:54:23 PM EDT
This guy is positively schizophrenic...

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1227968/posts

... and he deserves the ass whoopin he's gonna get come November!

Senator John Kerry's campaign said yesterday that Mr. Kerry did not own a Chinese assault rifle, as he was quoted as saying in Outdoor Life magazine, but a single-bolt-action military rifle, blaming aides who filled out the magazine's questionnaire on his behalf for the error.

Michael Meehan, a spokesman for the campaign, said Mr. Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee, owns two guns, a double-barreled 12-gauge shotgun and the rifle, which Mr. Meehan said Mr. Kerry "keeps as a relic" and had never fired. Mr. Meehan said the gun had no make or model markings on it and that Mr. Kerry "got it from a friend years ago," adding that such rifles were first manufactured in Russia more than 100 years ago and were used by the North Koreans and the Vietcong.

The clarification came in response to an article yesterday in The New York Times quoting Mr. Kerry's response to a question by Outdoor Life: "What is your favorite gun?"

"My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam," said Mr. Kerry, a veteran, according to the October issue. "I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle."

Though the comment was presented by Outdoor Life as part of an "exclusive interview with the two presidential candidates," four pages that included many long, conversational answers using first-person pronouns, Mr. Meehan said Mr. Kerry's portions were written by his staff. A public relations representative for Outdoor Life did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
"I use to own an assault rifle before.....I decided that I don't own an assault rifle."-Sen John Kerry

"Oh....I do have an SUV and assault rifle.....but I don't own them, they belong to my family!"-Sen John Kerry

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
more than likely he never own one to begin with, he just lie about owning one in the first place for the sportsman vote
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

... and he deserves the ass whoopin he's gonna get come November!

Senator John Kerry's campaign said yesterday that Mr. Kerry did not own a Chinese assault rifle, as he was quoted as saying in Outdoor Life magazine, but a single-bolt-action military rifle, blaming aides who filled out the magazine's questionnaire on his behalf for the error.

Michael Meehan, a spokesman for the campaign, said Mr. Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee, owns two guns, a double-barreled 12-gauge shotgun and the rifle, which Mr. Meehan said Mr. Kerry "keeps as a relic" and had never fired. Mr. Meehan said the gun had no make or model markings on it and that Mr. Kerry "got it from a friend years ago," adding that such rifles were first manufactured in Russia more than 100 years ago and were used by the North Koreans and the Vietcong.

The clarification came in response to an article yesterday in The New York Times quoting Mr. Kerry's response to a question by Outdoor Life: "What is your favorite gun?"

"My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam," said Mr. Kerry, a veteran, according to the October issue. "I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle."

Though the comment was presented by Outdoor Life as part of an "exclusive interview with the two presidential candidates," four pages that included many long, conversational answers using first-person pronouns, Mr. Meehan said Mr. Kerry's portions were written by his staff. A public relations representative for Outdoor Life did not respond to a message seeking comment.

You read the blue part?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
So now it's a Mosin...and he couldn't take the time to answer the questions in the article himself, had his staff do it.  So did his staff come up with the Vietnam answer?  And Kerry only owns two guns, one of which he's never fired, but he's sportsman of the year?  What. A. Shithead.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
So he owns a Mosin Nagant....

AN EVIL SNIPER RIFLE!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah Tivoli410, the "blue part" is old news. That is why his new position is yet another flip-flop!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
mr kerry doesn't even know what an assault rifle is.  

(here's a clue:  you need a tax stamp)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
And Kerry doesn't own the O/U he shoots trap with?  Na, that wasn't photo op.  He really loves to break clays, he just hasn't been able to save up enough cash to buy a decent shottie for it?  Kerry's got a gun collection like some kind of Depression-era hillbilly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think the magazine would put it in quotes unless they spoke with him at least by phone.
It would not be a quote otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]
What happened to the Semi-Auto shotgun that union group in West Virginia gave him?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess you guys don’t get the true meaning of this.

If Kerry gets elected, 100+ year old bolt action rifles will be considered assault rifles!!

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah Tivoli410, the "blue part" is old news. That is why his new position is yet another flip-flop!

Whoops, skipped right over the transition between the two articles.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#14]

I guess you guys don’t get the true meaning of this.

If Kerry gets elected, 100+ year old bolt action rifles will be considered assault rifles!!

Ain't it the sad truth.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, there goes Outdoor Life's credibilty as well.

What a fucking joke of an "interview"......
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#16]
"He's got more waffles, than a house of pancakes!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Someone has their history off...

The Mosin series dates to the 1930s... I don't know what it was that the Russians had in 1904, but it wasn't Mosin Nagants
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Kick his ass.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The Mosin series dates to the 1930s... I don't know what it was that the Russians had in 1904, but it wasn't Mosin Nagants

Wrong. The Russians have been using them since the 1890's.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, since 1891.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#21]
That's why its called the M91.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, since 1891.

Yep.  I OWN one dated 1896.
And it was made in France!

Better watch out -- it might jump up and decide to surrender itself.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well, there goes Outdoor Life's credibilty as well.

What a fucking joke of an "interview"......

Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin', too...

What kind of "journalism" attempts to pass off the words of some low-level Kerry peon as those of someone who could very well could be the next ruler of the free world (God forbid!)?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#28]
John Kerry    George W. Bush!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:11:27 AM EDT
[#29]
So what does he deer hunt with?????

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#30]
If I remember correctly, sKerry told another magazine or someone (does it really matter who?) that he likes to hunt deer crawling on his belly through the underbrush with his double barrel shotgun.  How many do you think he's bagged this way?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#31]
He owns it, but does not fire it. Sounds a lot like the I did'nt inhale speech.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I can settle this right here and now.  I've seen Senator Kerry's gun collection personally.

He owns a Ruger 10/22 and a .38 Special revolver.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#33]
The Mosin-Nagant was adopted in 1891 by the Czar's military.  Manufacture started slowly at the three arsenals in Russia and as a result, thousands were made under contract by the French arsenal at Chatterault.  During WWI, Remington and New England Westinghouse made nearly 2 million Mosin rifles, though many of them never made it to Russia.

Over the years, Mosins have also been made in Rumania, Hungary, Poland, Red China, North Korea (very rare) and commonly issued in Albania, East German, Yugoslavia, and many Soviet satellite nations and 3rd world countries.  The Czechs rebuilt many Mosins after WWII. They were also issues as captured weapons to forces of the Third Reich, Turkey, and the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

The Finns never made any recievers, but assembled Mosins in about a dozen configurations with parts from Russia, France, America, Belgium, and Switzerland.

All told, well over 100 million Mosins were made from the 1890s to the 1960s.  As late as the 1970s and 80s, Mosins were being rearsenaled in the Ukraine for war reserve storage.

The 7.62 x 54R round fired by the Mosin-Nagant carries the unique distinction of being in service longer than any other military round, from the early 1890s to today, where it is used in many Russian machine guns.

For a wealth of info, please see www.gunboards.com .
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Michael Meehan, a spokesman for the campaign, said Mr. Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee, owns two guns, a double-barreled 12-gauge shotgun and the rifle, which Mr. Meehan said Mr. Kerry "keeps as a relic" and had never fired. Mr. Meehan said the gun had no make or model markings on it and that Mr. Kerry "got it from a North Vietnamese friend years agowhile visiting France," adding that such rifles were first manufactured in Russia more than 100 years ago and were used by the North Koreans and the Vietcong.

Fixed original quote!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:02:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
He owns it, but does not fire it. Sounds a lot like the I did'nt inhale speech.

Good observation there, killingmachine123

GM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top