Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 7:58:14 PM EDT
Just got a call at work from my wife.  She and the kids got home from a church thing where Thurl Bailey (former NBA player) spoke.  They let the two Great Danes in and their muzzles were loaded with porkypine quills.  They're laying on the dogs and pulling them out now.  These dogs are so docile, that they are letting them do it and just whining.  I hope they learn and remember!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never heard of a porcupine avoidance class but maybe it is a good idea.  I know they have snake avoidance classes where they teach dogs to leave snakes alone.  I hope they are alright.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand.

Your church has porcupines?

Thurl Bailey is laying on your dogs?

Who owned the Great Danes?  and... Who let them in????

Were the Great Danes not invited to the Porcupine party?

My advise...never let a great dane into a party with it's muzzle loaded with porcupine quills.

Don't lay on a dog and pull you thing out.

In other words,...WTF are you trying to say????

Who should learn and remember ????

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
PRICKS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
they won't learn.

trust me.

I must have pulled thousands of quills outta my dogs noses.

The worst ones are the youngster quills. almost have to call the vet for those ones.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The update is that all are removed and the doggies are in good shape.  They are the most good-natured dogs, but definitely not the brightest.  About 3 years ago they decided to dig into the septic system leach field.  To keep them out of it I had to scatter about 3 dozen mousetraps in the area.  I almost gave myself a hernia from laughing so hard when they went to see what I had been doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top