Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 4:27:55 PM EDT
Apparantly the teens in my neighborhood have decided to play Chicken with cars driving thru the main street.  Usually they walk facing traffic, taking up about 3/4 of the right-hand lane (as you're driving), so you have to veer into the middle of the road to avoid them.  Not safe because it is a blind turn and you could hit oncoming traffic (especially if it's one of the Hondas that's half-painted in primer, has a fart-can muffler, and does 30mph in a 15mph zone -- but that's another story).

Today it was a new crew of teens, and they were spread across the road like a skirmish line.  They DID NOT move at all til I got within 10 feet of them, stupid grins writ across their faces.  Even though I moved to the middle of the road and slowed to a near-crawl, I think my right-side mirror missed by less than a foot.

Do you guys have the same thing going on in your neighborhood?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
My personal experience is that is a blacks/ghetto thing.  I used to get that all the time on the north side of Milwaukee.  Here comes a car, lets waaaaaaaaalllllllllkkkkkkkk out in front of him and mess wit em.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Next time bring a paint ball gun and do a "drive by".  It will do two things, scare the shit out of them and teach them not to walk in the road.  Plus it's fairly harmless.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah these kids today...
Stop the car. Get out. Club with tire iron. Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Next time bring a paint ball gun and do a "drive by".  It will do two things, scare the shit out of them and teach them not to walk in the road.  Plus it's fairly harmless.

According to various police reports, it isn't  

- BG
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking more on the lines of a seriously loud gut wrenching horn.  The kind that can make someone nauseous.

See if any piss themselves.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
video tape it and turn it in to the police. make sure you get all their faces very clearly. and if they get in the way again.....well they are playing chicken...eventually one of them is going to lose...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Happened to me last week, when they heard me revving up instead of slowing down they ran.  It was close though, next time I am just going to stop and bitch smack them one at a time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Video tape. If they are coming at you, just stop, make them go around you. If they try to step on your car, back up, if you can.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Cruise in about 50 MPH, shift from 4th to 2nd and pop the clutch. Not the best for the car, but when the rear tires break loose and the engine revs up high the kids will think you are gunning for them rather than slowing down, as you actually are.

It's been about 10 years since I had to do that and I still smile when I remember the looks on those kids faces as they dived onto the sidewalks...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
sounds like my old suburban NY neighborhood I rented a house in. Wannabe gangsters patrolling the streets to all hours. Nice enough neighborhood, but these kids were punk asses. only thing they understood was a big dog and the sounds of a shotgun racking from the shadows. Damn punks. how do you play basketball with your jeans hanging off your ass. it was very unfortunate what happened to that basketball net one night in the early morning, involving a truck and a tow strap, making it get dragged almost a mile destroying it in the process. it was MOST unfortunate
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Apparantly the teens in my neighborhood have decided to play Chicken with cars driving thru the main street.  Usually they walk facing traffic, taking up about 3/4 of the right-hand lane (as you're driving), so you have to veer into the middle of the road to avoid them.  Not safe because it is a blind turn and you could hit oncoming traffic (especially if it's one of the Hondas that's half-painted in primer, has a fart-can muffler, and does 30mph in a 15mph zone -- but that's another story).

Today it was a new crew of teens, and they were spread across the road like a skirmish line.  They DID NOT move at all til I got within 10 feet of them, stupid grins writ across their faces.  Even though I moved to the middle of the road and slowed to a near-crawl, I think my right-side mirror missed by less than a foot.

HIT EM'! HIT EM' ALL!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]
walking in front of you is endanging your life. you could crash.  shoot 'em.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Car doors have hinges on them for a reason...

An open car door at 30mph is good for traffic cones or cocky teens.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
When people try this BS. on me and I'm in a car I try and act like I don't see them.  I reach down in the floorboard, change the radio, drive all over the road, all kinds of shit like that.  When I do get close enough for eye contact I look right at them and pretend to panic.  It will scare the shit out of people, they can't tell if trying to stop or run over them.

Now if I'm in a tractor trailer I grab the air horn lanyard and hold that puppy down.  If I'm empty and they still want move I will smoke shit out of the trailer tires (and that even scares me!).
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Just drive down the road with an 8 ft 2x4 hanging out the passenger side window.  You might get one or two of them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, we have it here to....

I just ignore them.....

BUT, once again I wish to tell the tail of what happened a few weeks ago, I posted it here...

I had drove to town to mail out some bills...

Well heading home, I was on main street, stopped at a red light, when the usual gang of wanna be bad boys was strutting across the intersection...

Well trying to strut, you know how they walk, pants down around the ankles, bandanas and ball caps on anyway BUT the way they should be worn, shoe laces un tied...

Well one of them TRIPPED, yup TRIPPED right there in the middle of the road, tripped right over his baggy, down to his knees pants...

WELL, I had my window down and started laughing as loud as I could and pointing at him...

Several others saw it as well, and joined in..

One older man, yelled at him to pull his damn pants up.....

Guys it was CLASSIC, How I wish I had a camera with me that day....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Hit the dolt, thus the reason for insurance. Consider it a cleansing of the gene pool.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

And completly illegal, it will get you in jail or prison.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a bright red Ford F-250 and I do not swerve or slow down at all, I pretend not to see them, the kids never do that crap in front of me.

They see me coming and give a WIDE berth.

Give them an inch even one time and you'll be giving them a mile before long.

I don't take that crap from juveniles.

I'll hit em and they know it.

J-walking is illegal, hitting somebody who was J-walking that you did not see is not illegal.  

Edited to say......the kids in the mall do the same thing, they see you coming and instead of respecting an elder and them take the long way or at least turn a shoulder to give you room to pass, they pretend not to see you and so I just run right into them, if it's a bad day I'll throw a little bow to them as I pass. They'll never do it again.

I will not allow a punk to intimidate me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I go from 15mph to 30 mph when some dumbass does that, they are always pretty quick too move and don't have a grin more a holly shit wtf face.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The kids that live on my street think they're tough shit. They're about 13-14 at the oldest (most are like 10-12). These kids leave their fucking bikes and hockey shit in the middle of the road and never pick it up. Then, awhile ago, one of the kids got the brilliant idea of throwing a frisbee at my car. He missed by about 15 feet (he should be glad).

I stopped the car, got out, and put the frisbee in my car. I looked back and said to the kid that threw it "If you try that again, you'll get to see how it feels to have this frisbee shoved up your ass."

Kids are still annoying little bastards, but they don't throw anything at my car now.

I fucking hate kids.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Get a canister of CS hooked up to a sprayer and creep by them and let them have it!

We had that problem here. I get home about the time the school bus lets the little bread snappers off the bus. They line up across the road blocking it. I put the truck in neutral and coast up on them and let 'em have it with the air horn installed under the hood. I think one or two shit their pants the first time I did it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm glad I live in country.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm glad I live in country.

I live in a country too, the United States of America.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have a bright red Ford F-250 and I do not swerve or slow down at all, I pretend not to see them, the kids never do that crap in front of me.

They see me coming and give a WIDE berth.

Give them an inch even one time and you'll be giving them a mile before long.

I don't take that crap from juveniles.

I'll hit em and they know it.

J-walking is illegal, hitting somebody who was J-walking that you did not see is not illegal.  

Edited to say......the kids in the mall do the same thing, they see you coming and instead of respecting an elder and them take the long way or at least turn a shoulder to give you room to pass, they pretend not to see you and so I just run right into them, if it's a bad day I'll throw a little bow to them as I pass. They'll never do it again.

I will not allow a punk to intimidate me.

Yep same here I have a black f-350 with load pipes and pro gun stickers,etc. (redneck mobile) They see or hear me coming they move their punk asses out of the way. The big grill guard with all the pia lights and jolly roger painted on the hood helps
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Slow down and push them around with the bumper, its fun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Luckily this trend has not come to my neck of the woods. Kids do stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Nope...

But I would be god awful tempted to come back with a sickle bar mower and a tractor and have the PTO "accidentally" slip in....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
next time I am just going to stop and bitch smack them one at a time.

Sometimes the best solution is the least complicated.

"Charlie Murhpy, what did the hand say to the face?"
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Doorcheck!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I always carry a McDonalds drink cup full of fresh piss for things like this and for cars/trucks who tailgate.  Cup of piss goes up and out the driver's window and down onto the offenders.

1.  Its called a hit and run
2.  Don't move over, make them
3.  Call the police...that always seems to work in most situations.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top