Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 3:04:52 PM EDT
Just finished  putting on a collapsible 6 pos. stock  on my Bushy. First ever thing I've changed on it. I thought it was going to be hard to do. I've been reading all the trouble that people have had getting the tube off. It took me about 10 minutes all told. Must have been beginners luck. Now I have to deceide what to do next. I have a fever and more cowbell isn't helping!!

DocD
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't resist it, you will be assimilated
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
you waited for the ban to end?!?

Do you feel evil yet?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course I waited for the ban to end. I'm a law abiding citizen. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I feel pretty evil though. Next thing you know I'll want to-GASP-go to the range and fire it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of AR ???    If it was a Bushy,  +1 on that.....

Mine came off easily with nothing more than a good adjustable wrench, and the rifle held between my knees..... I was actually pleasantly suprised, after reading all the posts here about people having nightmares getting the tube off...

Well, until the buffer detent went ***PINGGG*** hahaha

Still can't believe I found that  little bastard !

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Your second mod should be that pesky auto sear...

I kid!  I kid!

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been reading all the trouble that people have had getting the tube off. DocD

I'm sure a lot of that was from some Colt guns...when I took one off, I never had to torque so hard on something before in my life. Let me tell you, loctite does work!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Be very friggin careful removing them buffer tubes! That buffer retainer will knock the crap out of your eye when it springs out. Always remember to hold it with your thumb when unscrewing the buffer tube!

I was lucky and didn't get a direct hit, but it still hurt like hell.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What kind of AR ???    If it was a Bushy,  +1 on that.....

Mine came off easily with nothing more than a good adjustable wrench, and the rifle held between my knees..... I was actually pleasantly suprised, after reading all the posts here about people having nightmares getting the tube off...

Well, until the buffer detent went ***PINGGG*** hahaha

Still can't believe I found that  little bastard !

Yes it was a Bushmaster. I also only needed an adjustable wrench. No proplem with the buffer detent spring. I'd read enough post to be alert for that but the Takedown Pin Detent Helical Spring Went flying. I don't recall reading a warning about that. Little thing went flying over my shoulder and I thought 'what was that'? Luckily it didn't go very far.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top