User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 1:30:57 PM EDT
Just got more comfortable thanks to  Dragracer_Art
-- my thanks partner.

Here was the camp privy ----

Here is the new AND IMPROVED  camp privy ----

electric  --- again thanks to Degracer ---

Lights ---------------  far out !

A real sit down toilet ---------- no smell, no mess !

Hot water  -----------------  yahoo !

Warm on those cold days   ------------

And last but not least hot showers

A deer camp --------------- to be proud of...................

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh sorry try again.

No beer.

No camp.

J/k, nice looking setup!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Spoiled rotten.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Were do you sleep a 6 bedroom brick home?
Do you have maid service?
Pizza delivery?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pizza delivery?

Yeah yeah yeah -----------  but in my  old age I like my creature comforts . I have busted my nuts sleeping in a tent, cooking on an open campfire, washing my face in snow.

Time for some comfort.

edit : the generasl store does have pizza, about 15 miles away and crappy -- but hunting is a tough sport....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
damn! and here i was...expecting another "dear campy" letter!

is this one in ohio?

yes
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pizza delivery?

Yeah yeah yeah -----------  but in my  old age I like my creature comforts . I have busted my nuts sleeping in a tent, cooking on an open campfire, washing my face in snow.

Time for some comfort.

I was just messing with you.
That looks like a pretty nice shitter.
I've slept in a whole lot worse places in deer camp.
Although I do like to rough it a bit, it sure is nice when you have a real toilet and shower.
Good job.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet! Youve got it made now!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn easterners...

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Around here thats called a "resort".  

I've stayed in hotels that weren't nearly as nice as that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, that is a nice camp.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me be the first to say, You Suck!!! Nice looking set up, what do the living quarters look like? I hope to have a permanant camp someday and not keep moving from lease to lease every couple of years.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Let me be the first to say, You Suck!!! Nice looking set up, what do the living quarters look like? [I hope to have a permanant camp someday and not keep moving from lease to lease every couple of years.

outside - back

Inside it is a bunk house sleeps 10 comfortable

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice shack!

Ted Kaczynski you ain't.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#16]
What, no broadband Idiotnet? No cable TV? F'ing savages!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What, no broadband Idiotnet? No cable TV? F'ing savages!

No cable no internet

But it does have Satellite  TV ----------------

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Woof! Hey, I'm about two weeks from getting the boot from Mrs. DzlBenz. Can I come over?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Almost 3000 acres of Wayne National Forest  -- I am dead in the middle of it
I own almost 40 acres.

A tough land, rough and hilly .

Deer and turkey love it
hell the grouse are coming back -- saw many this year first time I saw many in a long time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't see a Bush/Cheney sign out front.

Nice digs Cyanide!  How do you like those Compact Flourescent spotlight bulbs?  I am thinking about getting some to replace the energy hogs in my tracklight setup.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Nice digs Cyanide!  How do you like those Compact Flourescent spotlight bulbs?  I am thinking about getting some to replace the energy hogs in my tracklight setup.

That is a 120 floodlamp.
20 watts over a 100 watt bulb, as often as it is on I can live with it.

I have Energy savers inside the cabin and do  not like them, they take up a lot of space  and put out a reduced amount of light. And for some reason keep burning out before they are supposed too ???
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Should think about puttin that woodstove in the crapper on a piece of stone instaead of the table top it looks to sit on!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#24]
We hunt in the Frank Church wilderness area. The end of the road where we switch from Pickup trucks to horses is 30 miles from the nearest electricity! No gasoline engines alowed. No chain saws. No 4 wheelers. 8500'-9700' MSL. 5-6 Guys per sheep hearder's tent. -30F at night. Crap in the woods. We have a simple Pottie at base camp with the trucks. If you are lucky enough to have nature call while hauling an animal back to the truck. My father-in-law got old and wimped out. Now he sleeps on a cot. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Nothing like cooking your breakfast next to a portapoty tank full of liquified shit and piss.

About those compact florescent bulbs ... the suck. You're right they always burn out.

I bought one with a 7 year guarantee from walmart.

It kept burning out before the 7 years were up, so I kept taking it back an exchanging it.

I'm on my 5th exchange right now.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a 120 floodlamp.
20 watts over a 100 watt bulb, as often as it is on I can live with it.

I have Energy savers inside the cabin and do  not like them, they take up a lot of space  and put out a reduced amount of light. And for some reason keep burning out before they are supposed too ???

I have noticed that they do better when they are turned on for longer lengths of time and cycled less often.  The ballasts aren't as sturdy as their larger cousins I guess.

One thing about light I have noticed.  They take a couple minutes to brighten up to full lighting intensity.  When they first turn on, they are paler and dimmer than when they have run for 5 minutes.

They do save electricity though!

ETA - some brands are better than others, and there is a certain percentage of bulbs that burn up pretty quickly for no apparent reason.  The 200w (42w) reading light that Walmart sells is a real PITA.  If you can get one that works, it will run forever, but I have had to exchange a couple before getting the current one.

I have one 24w bulb that crackles and flickers.  I threw that one away, but most of the others have NEVER burned out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice set up cyanide

After many years in tent camps I will take a cabin at  this point in my life also.

GM

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pizza delivery?

Time for some comfort.

edit : the generasl store does have pizza, about 15 miles away and crappy -- but hunting is a tough sport....

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Should think about puttin that woodstove in the crapper on a piece of stone instaead of the table top it looks to sit on!!

It still needs some plain sheet metal placed around it to comply with codes.

Even though with the firebrick linning I do not think it needs anything except a spark matt or  sheet metal protection. But better safe than sorry -- I fear , make that respect fire.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
i'm in carroll county...same landscape/terrain.

hauling a buck up the side of a ravine is work!

I do the old three step ...

Take three steps and catch your breath, take three steps and catch your breath --- till I get them out. Never rush taking it out -- that is when heart attacks occur almost always.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#32]
At first glance, I thought Hielo had FINALLY posted pics of his new bathroom

Nice deer shack cyanide.

My friend's deer camp that I frequent doesn't have running water, but does have a spring fed pond right next to it. I jumped in one cool October evening after a long days hunt-and promptly did my Jesus imitation jumping back out. The water was f'ing COLD.....yah, hot water and deer camps is a good thing

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#33]
we go up north too- cept now we dont even buy licenses( or go in the woods for that matter).  Just drink heavily and not have nagging wives around.  
Stay in the cabin which is 40x40- should just about be enough room-for our beer!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm wanting to build one like that on a small lot I have up in the Adirondacks, but with this damn habit I've developed over the past few years I cant save enough money!! Yes thats right I'm a blackrifleholic and i'm damn proud and dont wanna stop using
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
we go up north too- cept now we dont even buy licenses( or go in the woods for that matter).  Just drink heavily and not have nagging wives around.  
Stay in the cabin which is 40x40- should just about be enough room-for our beer!!!

I hear you ---

I have taken my share of deer, even a few nice ones, now I pretty much just go for the fellowship.

I still pound the woods, just don't really care if I tag a deer or not.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top