Quoted:
Why can't I purchase new armor?

You can in Britain…

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
not enough money?

Ummm, no. They won't sell it to civ's at least the shit worth having.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You got a bank job coming up?  I know that I was told that Point Blank has a policy of No Non LEO body armor sales when I bought my Point Blank vest.  They won't let their retailers sell to non LE persons.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got a bank job coming up?  I know that I was told that Point Blank has a policy of No Non LEO body armor sales when I bought my Point Blank vest.  They won't let their retailers sell to non LE persons.

If I had a bank job coming up I wouldn't try purchasing from a retailer. leaves a nice paper trail
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can.  

store1.yimg.com/I/greatsword_1804_30748448

Maybe if I was in europe that would work
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Some asshat in cogress tried to ban non .mil or LE use of armor.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Who says you can’t?  Some gun show dealer trying to sell you one “on the sly”?

Some manufactures have their own policies, but there are certainly places that will sell body armor to non-LEO’s.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]
civies can get it... what reason are you listing? are you a contracter? security company? tell us what is up man...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]
youre not looking in the right places.  regular joes can buy RAVs with level 4 soft/hard armor.  RBR makes great stuff, theres easy ways to get that, interceptors, etc.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I want a RBR vest IV. For personal protection. Where can I find one new? Don't used, don't trust something like that used.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody else hear that click.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you a convicted felon?

Some states prohibit that......what type are you trying to buy?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Because you need to get those teeths fixed...!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll sell you mine. I guess it's a pre-ban model.  thats makes it worth more, right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Some asshat in cogress tried to ban non .mil or LE use of armor.

Guess who that bitch Fienstein
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can in Britain…

ANdy

Yeah, you just can't own a gun.  Anyone see the irony in this?

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can in Britain…

ANdy

Yeah, you just can't own a gun.  Anyone see the irony in this?

free condoms...but sex is illegal?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Anybody else hear that click.

Was it the same cat?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because you need to get those teeths fixed...!

I am already doing that now, Have an appointment in all Had a bad dream last night, hard a dam heart attack because the infection got too my lungs and heart... I woke up in a sweat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
GALL'S Supply

Brigade Quartermaster

Um goverment in LE sales only
I don't get it, I would be willing to have a bg check etc. It's not as if I plan to use it in a illegal way... I guess protecting my ass is illegal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
[. It's not as if I plan to use it in a illegal way... I guess protecting my ass is illegal.

Frankenstien wants civilians to be unarmed and unarmored....that way whenever a criminal breaks into your house, steals everything, kidnapps your daughter, kills/rape your wife, and when you come home the criminals shoot you in the legs/arms/spine/cuts off your penis, you will then have to get to a phone to call the cops so then they could come PROTECT you from the bad guys....
and the cops can have body armor/+30rd assault weapons/chopper flying over their heads providing support with the criminals now ALREADY NOW GONE.....

on the other hand in a different type of scenario, you come home, you hear screams, you grabb your AR carbine/or glock 20 and strap on a vest and enter you house quietly then take out the criminals while they're unaware of your presence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Progressive Technologies, down in Chantilly, VA sells to civvies. I bought my first vest back there, in '92...you can try some of the dealers on this list:

www.recguns.com/Sources/XIB1.html

I know I've seem some Florida company that has an ad in Shotgun News on a regular basis, but don't have one handy. They even sell harnesses and Level IV plates, etc.

For those who think only criminals need armor, think again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[. It's not as if I plan to use it in a illegal way... I guess protecting my ass is illegal.

Frankenstien wants civilians to be unarmed and unarmored....that way whenever a criminal breaks into your house, steals everything, kidnapps your daughter, kills/rape your wife, and when you come home the criminals shoot you in the legs/arms/spine/cuts off your penis, you will then have to get to a phone to call the cops so then they could come PROTECT you from the bad guys....
and the cops can have body armor/+30rd assault weapons/chopper flying over their heads providing support with the criminals now ALREADY NOW GONE.....

on the other hand in a different type of scenario, you come home, you hear screams, you grabb your AR carbine/or glock 20 and strap on a vest and enter you house quietly then take out the criminals while they're unaware of your presence.

I wouldn't be sneaky, More than likely the perp is going to have a .25 or smaller so if he shoots me in the vest I aint gonna feel shit. I am going to come breaking down the door grab his ass if possible. stick my thumbs into his eye sockets and bang his head againt the tile until he's knocked out or dead... I am in a violent mood today
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I am looking for armor that can handle multiple .338 Lapua hits to the back...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I know how to get one......but it weighs 400lbs...[
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GALL'S Supply

Brigade Quartermaster

I don't get it, I would be willing to have a bg check etc. It's not as if I plan to use it in a illegal way... I guess protecting my ass is illegal.

I may just not be seeing it, but as far as I can tell, only certain models (meant for Gov't/military contract-due to Iraq/Afgan) are restricted.  Other models and brands are fine for civilian sales.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Have you tried Diamondback Tactical?

www.diamondbacktactical.com
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You can legally obtain body armor if you have the right resources (unless your particular state has made it illegal). Utah has a good law regarding body armor: Law abiding citizens can own it and wear it, but use it during the commission of a violent Felony and you could get up to life in prison. Utah Code Section 76-3-203.7 Felons convicted of violent crimes are also prohibited from possessing body armor as well.  

Perhaps the Friggin' rocket scientists in Congress should follow Utah and leave us good guys alone...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#32]
http://search.ebay.com/body-armor_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQfromZR10QQsacategoryZQ2d1QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknownQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsotrZ2

Hey, that's actually a hell of a deal on that first set and the auction's over in 4 minutes!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Have you tried Diamondback Tactical?

www.diamondbacktactical.com

It says LE, Federal, Military only on their website.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#34]
... Come on now. Make your own. Go to www.mcmaster.com/ and type in Kevlar fabric.

... Patterns are easy to make, and you can make it to custom fit your odd shaped ass.

... I'm serious
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
... Come on now. Make your own. Go to www.mcmaster.com/ and type in Kevlar fabric.

... Patterns are easy to make, and you can make it to custom fit your odd shaped ass.

... I'm serious

are there different types or kevlar/aramid.  that is structural vs armor?  or is it all the same?

for some reason the name "Kevalr 29" is on my brain.

also, any particular resins/bonding agents better than the other for making plates?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

<cough> Mall ninja <cough>
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...  Make your own.

are there different types or kevlar/aramid?

... Yes, Kevlar 29 is similar to the basic Kevlar in properties but is designated specifically for use in ropes and cables, protective apparel, and as the substrate for coated fabrics. In short fiber or pulp form, Kevlar 29 can substitute for asbestos in friction products or gaskets. Fabrics of Kevlar 29 can be made into bullet-resistant vests. Clothing made from Kevlar 29 can be as heat resistant as that made from asbestos and also be extremely cut resistant.

Kevlar 49 has half the elongation (2.5%) and twice the modulus (18 × 10 (to the 6th power) psi) of Kevlar 29. Applications are principally in reinforcing plastic compounds used in lightweight aircraft boat hulls and sports equipment. Composites containing Kevlar are also used as interior panels and secondary structural parts, such as fairings and doors on commercial aircraft.

... Stick with Kevlar 49. Use the coarser weave material for the internal layers and for surface plies, use the finer weave.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It is SOOO obvious that YOU are a fake ninja.  

A REAL ninja would only want the armor on the front.  He could sense the projectile coming at him if fired from behind and would immediately turn and avoid the projectile - even if is was fired from across the mall from the Orange Julius where the mixers would mask the sound.

Once that was done, the REAL ninja would confront the attacker rather than running.  He would never run.

You are merely a fake.  Go back to working in Gap Kids where you belong. and hang your head in shame.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Guess what else is banned here
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#40]
http://www.armacelarmorcorp.com/
http://www.tamiamiarmor.com/BArmor1.htm
http://www.americanbodyarmor.com/
http://www.paca-vest.com/
http://www.pointblankarmor.com/
http://www.secondchance.com/
http://www.ubp-europe.com/
http://www.spbaarmor.com/
http://www.y2kbodyarmor.com/
http://www.rbrtactical.com/default.asp

Try one of those.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#41]
www.zahal.org
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GALL'S Supply

Brigade Quartermaster

I may just not be seeing it, but as far as I can tell, only certain models (meant for Gov't/military contract-due to Iraq/Afgan) are restricted.  Other models and brands are fine for civilian sales.

That's the way I see it too.  I know that Feinswine and Schumer tried to ban these for civies but I don't think they were successful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top