Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 12:47:09 PM EDT
I have a very good friend who is returning from Afghanistan on leave next month.  I basically introduced him to shooting, and the two of us put an awful lot of rounds downrange before he left.  I helped him pick out his first weapon, and pretty much bought all of his ammo every time we went shooting, as he had just moved from south Florida to north Florida, and didn't have a job yet, when we started hanging out together.

I met him when I transferred into his unit last year, and he was assigned as my gunner.  We were in a Stinger missile platoon, but I had already ETSed before the unit was activated for overseas duty.

I have been in email contact recently, and he wants to buy a Bushmaster M4A3 as soon as he gets back.  I have been helping him decide what exactly he wants, and am having the rifle shipped to my FFL, to present to him upon his return.

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in contributing anything toward his weapon, as a sort of gift.  He has lurked here quite a bit in the past, but was never able to get a member account, despite many attempts - some sort of email error.  He is a terrific kid who hasn't had a whole lot of breaks in life, but he loves being a soldier, and is happy over there, patrolling the city streets with his M249.  I consider him one of the best friends I have ever had, and am trying to do something real nice for him, as a welcome home.

So, if anyone has any AR accessories that they no longer need, or have been trying to sell, and would like to contribute towards his rifle, it would certainly be much appreciated.  I am already going to give him a Blackhawk drop-leg AR mag pouch, and perhaps an Eagle sling as well, in addition to the ammo we will undoubtably blast through in the next month or so.

Not sure if this will go over well, but feel free to IM or email me if you want to consider this.  I can take Paypal, if someone wants to contribute a couple of bucks instead of something else.

Thanks a lot guys.

UPDATE 23 October 04

I presented SPC Rosander with his new rifle today, along with three spare NIW mags and a three point sling.  He was very appreciative of everyone's generosity.  We shot a couple hundred rounds today each, and had a blast.

He also shared a ton of pics with me from Afghanistan, as well as some good stories.  I will be posting pics as soon as he burns a CD for me, hopefully tomorrow.  Thanks again to all who participated!

Oh, and note the evidence of the Welcome Home party he recieved a few nights ago on the left side of the pic.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
man, i'd love to help, but no funds.........................

best i can do (and i have no idea about availability right now) is offer to buy the rifle and ship it to you at my cost (im a dealer)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

best i can do (and i have no idea about availability right now) is offer to buy the rifle and ship it to you at my cost (im a dealer)

Thanks, but the rifle is already on the way to my local dealer.  I appreciate the offer, though.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
btt for hopes that it will work out for you......................
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That is a VERY generous offer ! You are to be commended !  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I will Send a paypay on Thursday. (day after pay day.)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an Eagle Industry sling for a fixed stock rifle if you want it to give it to him, or replace the one you gave him.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have an Eagle Industry sling for a fixed stock rifle if you want it to give it to him, or replace the one you gave him.

Thanks, but both his and my rifles will be collapsable stock M-4 type weapons.  I appreciate it though.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Free bump!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Recieved some NIW magazines today, courtesy of a member who wishes to remain anonymous.  Thanks so much, I know he will appreciate the goodwill offering when he recieves it!

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Paypal sent. Hope we can get pix of him shooting the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you near Gainesville AvengeR15?  I notice he is weatring a shirt from Pickett's, a local gun dealer.  What kinds of accesories are you still looking for?  If you are near Gainesville, perhaps I can deliver some stuff or get you and your bud to the shooting range here in Gainesville.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:27:18 AM EDT
[#14]

I recieved this email from PFC Rosander this morning - sounds like he is doing pretty well:

whats up man
ya they pulled us inside the wire now we are doin mp work now..not to bad but it was alot better on the outside of the wire ..sucks getting shot at but at least ur doin something u know. i would tell u more but opsec u know, there strict on that here.
iam wearin my combat patch thats pretty cool didnt think i was gonna be a twenty year old veteran but iam proud u know.
iam coming home on leave 14 of october mayber we can go shootin i dont have anything planned.
i wish i was 21 i would be buyin my desert eagle on leave.
aight mail me later
jason

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Any more info on this??

Is he still doing ok?

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]

He is returning on leave on the 14th.  I am picking up his new Bushmaster M4A3 tomorrow.  Hopefully, I will get to present it to him on the 18th, when I return from out of state.  

I will post pics, and once again, thanks to those who contributed.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Great news. Can't wait to see the pix.

Edited to add: Also give him my family's thanks for his service.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Bumping this.

Any new news?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Bumped with update.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad to see it happened. Tell him thanks for his service.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#21]
deleted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top