Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 10:39:38 AM EDT
Brilliant!!, the Good Guys supposedly fighting the Bad Guys are led by one of the Bad Guys!

US arrests senior Iraqi commander

A senior member of the Iraqi National Guard is in custody after being arrested for suspected links with insurgents, the US military has said.

Gen Talib al-Lahibi, in charge of security for Diyala province north-east of Baghdad, was detained on Thursday.

He was appointed to the post only a week ago.

The Iraqi National Guard is recruited and trained by the US, which is attempting to build up a local force able to ensure security in the country.

"Lahibi was detained by multinational forces on 23 September for having associations with known insurgents," a US military statement said.

Gen Lahibi, who served in Saddam Hussein's army, is the most senior member of the new Iraqi security forces to be detained on suspicion of collaborating with militants.

He commanded three battalions in the area around the town of Baquba. The US appointed him last week after he had been nominated by fellow guardsmen to replace his predecessor, who was assassinated in August.

Baquba, 65km (40 miles) north-east of Baghdad, has been a frequent flashpoint for clashes with militants.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3691540.stm
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if he enjoys the color orange?

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

http%3A//wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2002/02/12/image329120l.jpg

Or panties on his head.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http%3A//wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2002/02/12/image329120l.jpg

Or panties on his head.

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!!!!  No sword or guillotine either use a knife like they have been usng on our people.  I'm sure everyone here thinks he should suffer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Why didn't this come about BEFORE we appointed him?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
They could have been setting him up from the start to find even more scumbags.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow.  It took them a whole week to trip him up.  Obviously we don't have a handle on what's going on in Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The US appointed him last week after he had been nominated by fellow guardsmen to replace his predecessor, who was assassinated in August.

this should tell us something about those "good muslims" that are supposedly on our side.

I agree, they may have hated saddam but they hate us more.

what was it 70percent would have re-elected saddam. Only 50 percent of our country wants to re-elect bush but 70percent of them will elect some shitbag like saddam?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
BEHEAD  him on national tv
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top