Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 9:46:15 AM EDT
When soldiers get ammo resupply how does it come? Is it ammo already loaded in mags? Ammo and empty mags that they have to load themselves? And are soldiers instructed to try and save empty mags if it's not too much trouble or to just drop them regardless? I would think they get ammo already loaded in mags but I'm not sure. Just something I'm curious about.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume you mean strictly small arms ammo resupply. Cases of ammo, generally in bandoliers with boxes of stripper-clipped ammo. No extra mags unless the chain of command sends that up in their daily resupply request.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It can and has come in pretty much all forms. But usually it's packed on stripper clips. I can imagine in particularly frantic situations, it probably has been sent in mags.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It can and has come in pretty much all forms. But usually it's packed on stripper clips. I can imagine in particularly frantic situations, it probably has been sent in mags.

The origninal 20 round aluminum magazine was supposed to be disposable.  But concerns about the mags not working if stored loaded for years were brought up so we never took the final step of sending ammo from the factory in mags.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top