Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 3:59:03 AM EDT
someone give me pics of the ``real`` delta setup.  - scope cheek rest, is there a bipod?  triangle handguards?

I'm thinking of making one....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
This info. is from recguns.com:

"AR-15A2 Delta HBAR, (Cat.#R-6600 DH) an HBAR with
Tasco rubber armored 3x9 scope, A.R.M.S., Colt marked,
scope mount, hard case, black leather sling,
removable cheek piece. Range selected for accuracy."

Sounds like it was just a range selected A2 HBAR packaged with a cheek piece and scope and mount.  

From an auction on gunsamerica.com
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Also the cheek rest is Colt marked. And the aluminum case. From memory they selected 1 of evey 100 that was suppose to have the best MOA.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and there will be red delta triangle sticker placed on the pistol grip. It would not stay on with much handling.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#4]
well I just got a preban colt lower (Still matters where I live) and a preban sp1 upper.  I'm putting on an ARMS 2 mount, that tasco scope BUT I'm putting on the designated marksman CAR stock (old stock 4 position with cheekpiece)  No bipods were on those?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#5]
How about the real thing - M16-A1/HBAR:
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
well I just got a preban colt lower (Still matters where I live) and a preban sp1 upper.  I'm putting on an ARMS 2 mount, that tasco scope BUT I'm putting on the designated marksman CAR stock (old stock 4 position with cheekpiece)  No bipods were on those?

Bipods were not part of the factory package. I put a harris bipod on mine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking harris too.
Wouldn't want a nasty M60 one on mine..... oh sorry dude.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm thinking harris too.
Wouldn't want a nasty M60 one on mine..... oh sorry dude.

Came from the Colt factory that way.

Colt M16-A1 Model 621 aka Colt M16-A1/HBAR (Heavy Barrel Assault Rifle).  

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Dang I tried buy a Colt Delta Elite AR15 back in 1989, when the govt first started to ban those things. I had my FFL guy look far and wide, and non could be found.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice guns, had one and sold it, too barrel heavy for my taste.  Great benchrest rifle, though.  In the process of building a look alike, a BM A2 Upper with the Govt Profile Barrel, a DPMS scope mount and a Leupold 2X6.  Not as flexible as a setup with the removable carry handle, but it's a classic look.  Lighter too, so I can use it for 3-gun and deer hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top