Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 2:23:00 AM EDT
who freaking CARES if Kerry owns a Communist Chinese assault rifle. it's obviously a collector's piece. Kerry is against MODERN assault weapons that can be used with MASSIVE CLIPS and easily converted to AUTOMATIC WEAPONS. these are not collector's pieces. they are weapons whose only purpose is to kill people.

Heck these days having an AR is not a bad idea, and from the write up I suspect it is an AK 47 Improved, which is the gun licenced to the Chinese... not the original AR, or the AK -70, but the AK -47 chinese model

And if he has removed the firing pin, as many responsible collectors have done, so WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL? It is not used for hunting and it woudl require soem work to get it back in firing condition

He favors the 12 gauge over/under for shooting , but likes blowing things up with large caliber rifles as well. And Bush... he's nothing but a photo-op shooter.

i bet Kerry doesn't even own any shells the right size for that Chinese rifle.

I beleive in a well regulated militia and in weapons being regulated. yes that inclues the boogey man of MANDATORY gun locks and gun safes... seen too many times the results of this not done.

Hell I'm a westerner I have no problem with responsible gun ownership. Let's face the NRA was once about responsible gun ownership and firearm safety but that's no longer the case. Instead they are a bunch of fat overweight girly men who are afraid of losing their guns because they would not be able to compensate for the fact that they have an incredibly small penis.

I think you just will never be able to understand that mentality, and that's why you're having trouble figuring out why Kerry's owning the Chinese rifle doesn't contradict his view that no one needs an AK47 to hunt.

Kerry vs. Bush in a draw or any kind match. We know who the bigger man is. And we know Rove would rather shit himself in public than agree to such match.

Bush is a sissy and we all know it. Although this is totally unrealistic, I'd love nothing more than to see him exposed as the silver spoon, fortunate son he is and always will be.

Now his supporters Flip Flop
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Ain't Fonda Kerry!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
To this day I wonder just how many DUers are really Freepers stirring the shit pot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To this day I wonder just how many DUers are really Freepers stirring the shit pot.

I do, but keeping it low key until the elections. Don't want to get booted off again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
oh my god you make me laugh thanks I was getting bored here at work.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't help but think, I noticed this guy saying having an ar-15 might not be a bad idea... hmmmmmm are we slowly converting some of them? This is actually rather interesting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:56:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can't help but think, I noticed this guy saying having an ar-15 might not be a bad idea... hmmmmmm are we slowly converting some of them? This is actually rather interesting.

There were actually a couple of 1000+ posters that were very gun knowledgable, and jumped on the members who weren't.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:21:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
oh my god you make me laugh thanks I was getting bored here at work.

Bored is the only reason I go there
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm... kerry and Bush in a duel... if Bush wins, the country wins. If kerry wins, the Secret Service takes him down and we get President Cheney.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Now his supporters Flip Flop

And you expected any less?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I started reading that thread right after I got done with the one talking about how the CBS memos are actually NOT fake, and at the same time were planted by Karl Rove.  It's Bizarro World over there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Had to come back home to ARFComland from Bizarro World to communicate with the sane. Shit, a half hour over there and trying to craft posts that don't violate their CoC or get you booted gives me an Excedrin headache that they ain't got a number for yet.

If any ARFCommer bragged in a newspaper interview that we had an unregistered AK47, they would take our head off with a 7.62x51, burn our house down with the wife & kid(s) inside, shoot the dawg, and stomp the katt. And the DU'ers would be dancing in glee over it.

But if it is one of their boys, it is alright that "He just has a momento. " Not a single f'ing one of them agree that he ought to be investigated over it.   What a bunch of assclowns!!

wganz

Update: Slimy bassturds deleted my post calling for Kerry to be investigated fully and the results published since the "object lesson of Watergate was that no one was above the law".
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#13]
This is a typical attutude you'll find among liberals.  One set of standards and rules for them, another for everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I like thier idea of demiling a wepon though, pull out the firing pin, yeah that gun will never work again.

Yeah, well, it COULD, but it'd take a LOT of work, you know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like thier idea of demiling a wepon though, pull out the firing pin, yeah that gun will never work again.

But at the same time it could EASILY be converted to full-auto with a hat pin and file.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#19]
where to start
removing the firing pin. big fucking deal. takes 2 seconds to replace it
if it really is from vietnam it'll be select fire. A big no no if it isn't registered
removing the firing pin, to my knowledge, doesn't qualify as demilling a gun
functionally that gun is, in the words of the antis, more deadly since it would most likely be full auto
regardless of if it is from nam or a semi auto he bought later for the looks it will accept the same mags as a currently made one
why did I bother ripping that DU post apart?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I want one of those "MASSIVE clips".
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But at the same time it could EASILY be converted to full-auto with a hat pin and file.

Not even that, just a ladies' nail file.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone pointed out that the SKS Kerry probably has in his office fires the same round as the AK, has access to similar capacity magazines, and (with regard to the civilian clones) at the same rate of fire?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#23]

He favors the 12 gauge over/under for shooting , but likes blowing things up with large caliber rifles as well. And Bush... he's nothing but a photo-op shooter.

pot!!!!!!!!!  come over here, got somebody i want you to meet......................you and kettle should get along fine, you're both black................
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
from the write up I suspect it is an AK 47 Improved, which is the gun licenced to the Chinese... not the original AR, or the AK -70, but the AK -47 chinese model

Good thing they have such experts to teach them about rifles.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is a typical attutude you'll find among liberals.  One set of standards and rules for them, another for everyone else.

Bingo!

Why is that?   Because they "get it".   They are the elite... when the revolution happens, and YES, the whackos on DU hope for it, they will be on top of the food chain.

People tend to forget that the FEW who lead in far-left systems own it all.... talk about separation of rich and poor....

- BG
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo!

Why is that?   Because they "get it".   They are the elite... when the revolution happens, and YES, the whackos on DU hope for it, they will be on top of the food chain.

People tend to forget that the FEW who lead in far-left systems own it all.... talk about separation of rich and poor....

- BG

I don't even think they could hold a revolution.

What would they use? Sticks? baseball bats? chainsaws? WTF?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from the write up I suspect it is an AK 47 Improved, which is the gun licenced to the Chinese... not the original AR, or the AK -70, but the AK -47 chinese model

Good thing they have such experts to teach them about rifles.

Man, the AK-47 Improved was SUCH a better rifle than the original AR.  I'd even take it over an AK-70.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, the AK-47 Improved was SUCH a better rifle than the original AR.  I'd even take it over an AK-70.

No way, the AK-70 has way more thrust per squeeze than the AK Improved.

shut up, the original AR kicked both their asses with its MASSIVE clip.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Had to come back home to ARFComland from Bizarro World to communicate with the sane. Shit, a half hour over there and trying to craft posts that don't violate their CoC or get you booted gives me an Excedrin headache that they ain't got a number for yet.

If any ARFCommer bragged in a newspaper interview that we had an unregistered AK47, they would take our head off with a 7.62x51, burn our house down with the wife & kid(s) inside, shoot the dawg, and stomp the katt. And the DU'ers would be dancing in glee over it.

But if it is one of their boys, it is alright that "He just has a momento. " Not a single f'ing one of them agree that he ought to be investigated over it.   What a bunch of assclowns!!

wganz

Update: Slimy bassturds deleted my post calling for Kerry to be investigated fully and the results published since the "object lesson of Watergate was that no one was above the law".

1) I'd guess it was a SKS

2) The ATF does alow DEWATs, so that is another possible route for the AK

3) Amesty Reigstration?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way, the AK-70 has way more thrust per squeeze than the AK Improved.

Especially the 40 watt plasma version. Word up!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#33]
www.nytimes.com/2004/09/27/politics/campaign/27guns.html

September 27, 2004
No Assault Rifle for Kerry, After All
By JODI WILGOREN

Senator John Kerry's campaign said yesterday that Mr. Kerry did not own a Chinese assault rifle, as he was quoted as saying in Outdoor Life magazine, but a single-bolt-action military rifle, blaming aides who filled out the magazine's questionnaire on his behalf for the error.

Michael Meehan, a spokesman for the campaign, said Mr. Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee, owns two guns, a double-barreled 12-gauge shotgun and the rifle, which Mr. Meehan said Mr. Kerry "keeps as a relic" and had never fired. Mr. Meehan said the gun had no make or model markings on it and that Mr. Kerry "got it from a friend years ago," adding that such rifles were first manufactured in Russia more than 100 years ago and were used by the North Koreans and the Vietcong.

The clarification came in response to an article yesterday in The New York Times quoting Mr. Kerry's response to a question by Outdoor Life: "What is your favorite gun?"

"My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam," said Mr. Kerry, a veteran, according to the October issue. "I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle."

Though the comment was presented by Outdoor Life as part of an "exclusive interview with the two presidential candidates," four pages that included many long, conversational answers using first-person pronouns, Mr. Meehan said Mr. Kerry's portions were written by his staff. A public relations representative for Outdoor Life did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Copyright 2004 The New York Times Company
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#35]
He either lied then or is lying now. Then again, he could do both. He is John Kerry after all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
KERRY LIED!

NO HE DID NOT!!!!!!.

ONE OF HIS AIDES MADE A MISTAKE.  WHY CANT YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE HE WILL SAVE AMERICA.
NOT
BUSH 2004
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh?!? Another gun that was straw purchased for mister sKerry, and I bet it's unregistered as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top