Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 12:13:20 AM EDT
The grass is always greener ... so some think. She left you and now... What shape is she in?

does she regret leaving you?

Are you better off?

And best part... Did you get to rub her nose in it?

Happened to me. Thought my world was caving in on me. Almost exactly a year to the day she left. We met up in a store that she worked. I was thinner more confident and Damn I looked good. She moved in with the guy she left me for. (Incidently she left this guy for me 5 years earlier) then he started to hit her, (I dont condone that) cheat on her. then she gets to crying on my shoulder how she screwed up bad. She started drinking and what not.

Best part was getting back into the car, turn the radio on and "Who's Crying Now" by Journey is on.

Some of you have GOT to have doozies...

Ladies please feel free to chime in as well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah....a few times.

Made me feel sad actually...

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't know. It's never happened to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

LOL!!! Yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I broke up with this girl b/c she thought I was cheating on her...

then she called me 8 months later and we got back together for a few months.

When I told her that I wanted to join the military...

she called me a baby killer.

I did not call her back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I broke up with this girl b/c she thought I was cheating on her...

then she called me 8 months later and we got back together for a few months.

When I told her that I wanted to join the military...

she called me a baby killer.

I did not call her back.

now THAT is one Neurotic specimen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Every women I've had a meaningful relationship has left me for another guy. Usually about an hour or so after meeting. It's just part of their job.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!!! Yet.

Don't get me wrong, I had my share of painful break ups back when I was single. But I was never dumped for another man. I really can't ever remember being dumped. I had a habit of dumping them when things got rocky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh yeah....a few times.

Sgtar15

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Been there, done that a few times with the same girl.  She kept getting ahold of me to initiate things, then few months/years later...gone.  Finally, the last time, a couple of years ago, she left the area for good hopefully.  Hopefully I'll never hear from her again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't know. The day my ex moved out is the last day I ever had any communication with her.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I have two xs' that both live in Florida.I go down to see them in the winter and do un-speakable things with them both.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Every women I've had a meaningful relationship has left me for another guy. Usually about an hour or so after meeting. It's just part of their job.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#15]
My ex has now moved 8 times since we split up. She has gone through 2 boyfriends, the second one was just arrested for bank robbery.

Yes, I do believe she regrets leaving me.

Yes, I am better off. I just keep buying more guns.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Oh yeah....a few times.

Sgtar15

+2 (More or less)

I haven't been left for another guy (That I "KNOW OF") but, I've had plenty of Ladies throw-up their hands in frustration with their attempts to "Fix" me (I'm a life member in the Peter-Pan club ["We NEVER grow-up" ]).

The most powerful incidence of this phenomenon happened a few months ago when I was grocery shopping.  I came out of the Bathroom at one of the big (Winco) Super markets in Salem and smiled at an attractive Lady waiting at the pizza counter as I walked past.  As I got abreast of her she turned to me and said "GEEZ! You don't even recognize me anymore!" (?!)  I looked at her closer and realized that she was the same Woman I'd been involved with on-and-off for over a decade years ago (Probably the "Love of my life") but my eyes aren't what they used to be and her hair was shorter than I remembered it.

We talked for about 10 min's and then I went off to do my shopping.  I had to call the Lady I'm currently living with because it (Running into my "ex") hit me so hard.

The really "Weird" thing was, about 30 min's later as I was going through the check-out I looked-up and my old flame was standing by the exit (All her groceries were bagged and she had her pizza) looking at me

It was all I could do not to walk over to her and tell her everything she'd meant to me in the past and how much I still cared for her.  When she saw that I'd noticed her again she looked embarassed and scooted out the door.

I just wish her (And the others) all the happiness they can find because they've all been wonderful to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Its a hard lesson earned but there are a few truths about women.

1.  If a woman cheats to be with you, she WILL cheat on YOU as well.  Its only a matter of time.

2.  If she dumps a guy to be with you, same theme as above.

3.  If you find a good woman, hang on to her, they can be hard to find.

4.  Women and men have a different sense of reality and logic.  Dont try to reason with them.

5.  If she says were have to talk or we are really good friends, kiss the relationship goodbye.

6.  Nothing makes a woman more jealous and drive her insane then ignoring her and going on with your life.  Your happiness is like a poison that will sap the life force from her body.  Dating a chick better looking and smarter then her doesnt hurt either.

7.  Women ultimately will respect power.  You can look like a troll and you will get babes if you have the money and cajones to be strong.

8.  Women are human and will ultimately give in.  Countless times I was just "friends" with girls.  Hung out and had the staying power of a fungus.  Eventually in a weak moment, "how about some sex!?" Sure only if I can do your pooper and take some pics.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#18]
From what I have been told by people who still see the wench, YES she does regret it....

Go back in time, 1998, I really thought I would marry that woman, so me being the fool I am, decide to surprse her, I thought, if we are getting married, and I was under the impression we were, then I am going to have a house built. At the time, I was living in the typical bachelor house.....

So, I started looking around and found a small piece of land, and bought it, then I got a construction loan, and started to have a house built.

THEN, I found out, she was screwing around on me, with someone who was supposed to my friend, and also was un-employed.

She left me for him, on the advice of a preacher, who said it was gods will, or some bullshit like that....

Fast forward, I went ahead and had the house built, I was allready in neck deep, still live here to...

Well about 3 years later, and one kid, her marraige, ordained by god, fell apart, seems the ole buy she married did not like to work, and would not, refused, all he did was drive around, spend the money she earned, bounce checks, and talk about going to the nations....brain washed by some cult..

Well from my understanding, she came home one day, he then told her, he did not love her, did not even like her, and did not know why he even married her...he told her to take the kid and get out of his house, although he never had a job to pay the rent....

YA I LMFAO when I found otu, I still laugh about it when I think about it...

I have been told that she deeply regrets what she did, but there is no way in HELL, I would ever take that bitch back, may she forever rot.......
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#19]
No need to dwell on the past. You'll miss the present.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I take it you've had many "meaningful" relationships that have ended in this manner?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#21]
It's a few years later and she has been trying to work her way back in. Little does she know, she doesn't have a chance, what do I look stupid or something!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Hahah, she dumped me for some stupid lazy asshole who ended up giving her chlamydia and beating her. He would wake her up by punching her in the face.  She told me this about 4 years after she dumped me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I got married at 20. To my 18 year old sweet hart. Damn that was stupid!! I worked my ass off and she sat her lazy ass home and wouldn't even do the dishes or laundry. After 3 months I started getting sick of living in that shit hole, and stated being an ass. Then she got pregnant. So I tried working things out for another two years.

Then while I was working out of town and we where on some what on the rocks still trying to work things out. She found true love at a bar. Well she got pregnant by him, & told me it was mine. I guess her new love found out and got the hell out of the state. And for 5 years she wanted me back and helped destroy every relationship I had. She would tell my girl friends I was F#$king her. And then try like hell to get me back. I paid $950.00 month in support on both of those kids for 2 years till I got the one off that was not mine. So do you think she regretted cheating on me?

Now days we try to get along. And I ended up being a dad to the little one that don't have a dad. She's 8 now. But I will be glad when the day comes when those kids are 18 and I can tell her to Kiss My Ass.  Now I'm happy as hell she did cheat. But that don't meant it didn't hurt my feelings at the time. But good can come out of bad things.  

By the way.  Now I'm currently married to the best wife I could ever ask for.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Got dumped, but actually considered it a blessing, considering how wishy-washy she'd become. About a year later, I'd heard she got pregnant. 3 years later, I saw here w/ her kid in a restaurant where I was a waiter. Of course, the father was AWOL. She still looked good, but I never regretted my own outcome. No baggage or dependant payments for me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Girl I dated though High school and into college decided i was slowing her life down, Leaving for the Navy.
Well I finally went back to WNY where I was from for my little sisters graduation.My step mother had ran into her at the same grocery store where she work now for 7 years, same job no promotions and decided to rub it into to her that I was coming home with My wife and new Daughter.
She started to tear up mumbling "he's come back for me".
She then started to stalk my relatives weaing my High school football jersey and oh yeah driving the same car she had in 1996 that had 100,000 mile on it then.
When we finally get up there I learn that she had kicked out the( jobless) guy who is the father of here son( determined after a series of Paternity tests after a drunken party where she was the  party favor) out of the trailer in her parents front yard thinking I was going to move in with her. Who told me this? Her mother who I ran into.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#26]
hey if anyone knows better splits and regrets what they had....forget'em it'll never be the same....never.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I've never had a bad breakup with anyone in my past--I just kind of moved on.  Two of them from my past contacted me later on and wanted to get back together.  I very nicely declined both of them.

Gotta tell ya--It's one of the best feelings in the world when they come back for more.  It became my turn to say "See ya!!!!!"(I've been told that I tend to be cold and stoic--comes in handy sometimes)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Girl I dated in HS and her first year of college. She calls me from Radford, "it burns when I pee" I say go to the clinic, she calls me back a week or so later with the news that she has genital Herpes, Clymidia AND genital warts............She had cheated on me with her roomates brother. I never did get any of the STD's from her.

Next time I heard from her was her Junior year of college I saw her and her dad coming out of a local hospital. I drove in and went up to them to speak to them. I noticed immediately she had a scarf on her head. Yeah, you guessed it, 19 years old and had developed Cancer, Hodgekins Disease to be exact. Aggessive chemotherapy with all of it's horrible side effects. I know she got better eventually but haven't heard about or from her since.

6 years ago move away from NOVA to move in with my GF who lives down here. Find out she's married when I get here......to late now, I love her. We continue going out, she get's divorced, we buy a house together, come home from my night shift job one morning early, her truck is there but the dew has been wiped away with the wipers. Didn't phase me then. Several weeks later, I come home early cuz I'm a little sick. Her truck is gone. Call her mom, friends, police, hospitals, drive around to all our friends places looking for her. She's nowhere to be found. She comes home and tells me she got a bit tipsy and decided to spend the night at a married couples home.......no honey, I went by their house......well I woke up early and couldn't sleep so I went to mom's........no honey I went by there too......well, we need to talk, I'm pregnant. At this point I'm relieved and think she's just concerned because she's like 38 and this will be her first kid. I go to hug her and tell her it'll be allright, and she shuns me telling me I don't understand....it's not we're having a baby it's I'm having a baby. Tells me she's seeing someone else, is through with me, move out asap. She end's up with this other guy, he relapses into aggressive cancer and dies from the cancer shortly after the baby is born.

Several years later she calls me out of the blue.......blah, blah, blah...."how do you feel about casual sex?"

No thanks not interested.

But, for the next several weeks all I could think about was "how do you feel about casual sex" and I knew I could get a few booty calls with no strings attatched as she had further explained. I could see what I was turning down, I mean I'd been there before and knew what it was all about. I cracked and called her back and asked her to explain to me exactly what she was after.

If a woman ever tells you she'll give you sex with no strings attatched you need to run. There are always some kind of strings when you are sexually involved with somebody weather you intend to have strings or not, you have no control over that. Sex = strings. Period.  

She had no plans to lure me back into her life for her or her daughter's sake, she was really just lonely and wanted to get laid. But I fell in love with her daughter, started having sex with her all the time and got really use to having sex with nothing more in the line of committment than just committing to making a phone call. After several months of that I get the bomb again. I'm interested in somebody else....thanks for the good times, see ya later. Then no calls at all.

Last time I saw her she was not happy, I could see it in her face. Her daughter is an undisciplined, spoiled little brat, as well as being the cutest little girl I've ever seen. She's beautiful but she really needs consistent discipline. No she's not happy, in fact she's miserable. Still going from man to man.

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat is way more than just a cliche'.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#31]
my ex regrets it...she has been married for a few years now and they fight all the time, she wishes she never broke up with me
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I just had the best woman in my life leave me for no fucking reason. She called me on the phone and said, "this isn't a break up call, but I need some space."  I was working out of town at the time and when I got home that weekend I went to see her. Then all of a sudden it was, " I am done, I can't do this, I need to work on me, I think we gave it 100% and it didn't work" . . . .well what about the last two years of you and me saying, "until the wheels fall off" what about all those times you said you'd be by my side?  WTF?  She just pulls this Jeckyl & Hyde switch on me after being with me two days earlier and saying how happy she is, and that she had the best birthday ever, and she left all these post it notes around my house, saying I love you, can't wait to see you again --- I am still finding them!  . . .  I have been with many women over the years, and this is the only one I ever wanted to spend my life with.  I thought she wanted me too, she said she did....
I am tight with her brother, her parents, the whole family. . . .  I wish I had the strength some you seem to have, but I love this woman and I can't just turn it off. I am so fucking depressed and I want to puke . . . fuck this . . .  I hate living alone . . . I don't even know why I am writing about this.
     FUCK!!!!!!!                          
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#35]
My ex has a new baby from the guy she cheated on me with.  For whatever reason, her family tries to cram me with info about her whenever I see them.  I was told that the guy is never home, out fishing and stuff every day.  Latest is they lost their apartment, and have been living in her parents motorhome, in their driveway.  Only income is the her husband's part time job.  He is "hoping for a fulltime  opening".

I hope she is happy!!!  It is sad, but on the other hand, whatever.  She made her choice.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#36]
My ex wife turned into a drunk slut. We got divorced and she has tried to get me back several times. I am now remarried to a beautiful woman 11 years younger. Success is the sweetest revenge.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#37]
WELL, she left me, but it wasn't for another guy per se.. She did regret it, got back in touch with me years later after we both played the field and now we're re-engaged and happier than pigs in shit!

YYMV, but if you don't realize your own failings in your relationship (as most young people do), you will fail at them.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I just had the best woman in my life leave me for no fucking reason. She called me on the phone and said, "this isn't a break up call, but I need some space."  I was working out of town at the time and when I got home that weekend I went to see her. Then all of a sudden it was, " I am done, I can't do this, I need to work on me, I think we gave it 100% and it didn't work" . . . .well what about the last two years of you and me saying, "until the wheels fall off" what about all those times you said you'd be by my side?  WTF?  She just pulls this Jeckyl & Hyde switch on me after being with me two days earlier and saying how happy she is, and that she had the best birthday ever, and she left all these post it notes around my house, saying I love you, can't wait to see you again --- I am still finding them!  . . .  I have been with many women over the years, and this is the only one I ever wanted to spend my life with.  I thought she wanted me too, she said she did....
I am tight with her brother, her parents, the whole family. . . .  I wish I had the strength some you seem to have, but I love this woman and I can't just turn it off. I am so fucking depressed and I want to puke . . . fuck this . . .  I hate living alone . . . I don't even know why I am writing about this.
     FUCK!!!!!!!                          

I had one of those. Move on and take your time to find a good one. Took me 3 years before I found one worth keeping. And Time heals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top