Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2004 2:19:37 PM EDT
Well, we've all bitched and moaned plenty about gun grabbers making up ridiculous names for things to try and get their bans through. Stuff like Saturday Night Special, Cop Killer Bullets, and Assault Weapons. I say let's make up our own names for things. Like calling any anti-CCW measure the Rapist Protection Act. And maybe we can call ARs Sport Utility Rifles.

Of course, we would have to be pretty repetitive about it to get these terms to stick. That could be hard when the gun-grabbers still control most of the media. But it's just possible that they might catch on if enough people repeat them enough times in enough places.

Anyone have any ideas for more such terms, or ways to make them stick better?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Great idea... but as with any great invention...

...How do you market it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Great idea... but as with any great invention...

...How do you market it?

Bumper stickers that read ...

SAVE A RAPIST
BAN CONCEALED WEAPONS
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't expect it to be easy. It would require a lot of people saying it in a very public way. Lots of letters to editors, calls to talk radio, blogs, newsletters, inteviews, and maybe even a few editorials. But the gun grabbers have managed to do it several times, so I think it could happen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
or we could just start calling the liberals communists, but that would just be telling the truth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top