User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 10:35:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Hey TJ,

Want a good deal on an AR? Stripped lower receiver at www.quanticoarms.com for $100, plus shipping and transfer, then Model 1 sales (www.model1sales.com) for a kit: $400 to $500 plus shipping. New no-ban AR for roughly $550 to $650. You have to put the lower together, but it's a piece of cake (or in Russia, "piece of pie!")

Gun shows, waste of time if you are looking for guns. Over priced and most are lower quality. I go for ammo cans and ammo.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I get more sick of the gun show community every time i go to a show
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
It's just the same old gun show hacks who are using their last gasp to screw the sheeple.
After the market opens up and production exceeds demand we will be in mag heaven.
Then all these former Rangers, SEALs and SPECOPS guys selling high speed gear will be crying over their depreciated goods.
Be patient.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Just saw a used colt sporter on consignment at the local shop.

$1450.00
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
...You know what's really sick?

Asshats selling Mosin Nagants (just regular Nagants, nothing special) for $255.

That, is ridiculous. That, is highway robbery. That, is a gunshow ladies and gentlemen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's just the same old gun show hacks who are using their last gasp to screw the sheeple.
After the market opens up and production exceeds demand we will be in mag heaven.
Then all these former Rangers, SEALs and SPECOPS guys selling high speed gear will be crying over their depreciated goods.
Be patient.

By the time the prices are ready to go down, Congress will start some new ban legislation and prices will go right back up
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#9]
and back in the day before pre ban and the import ban you could really get some good stuff, chinese ammo and weapons were a dime a dozen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#10]
TJ:
Well, I buy very few firearms at gunshows. Most of the time I just look. Many times you can buy the same thing in your local gunstores for the same price, unless of course you wanted something super exotic.

Did you see any Beanie Babies and beef jerky sellers? We get those a lot of those folks at all of the gunshows in here in sunny and neutered Kali-fornia.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
TJ:
Well, I buy very few firearms at gunshows. Most of the time I just look. Many times you can buy the same thing in your local gunstores for the same price, unless of course you wanted something super exotic.

Did you see any Beanie Babies and beef jerky sellers? We get those a lot of those folks at all of the gunshows in here in sunny and neutered Kali-fornia.

can you even buy a gun at a gun show in Cali the same day??
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#12]

I met Campy, Plateshooter and Engineer at the funshow today.  

I tormented the "mag guy" who must have had 20 tables of magazines.   First thing I did was ask for new or LEO marked SIG mags.  He said " we're not going to stock any of those right now, because we think the ban will be back soon"  

I know he took a real beating having to pay for all those tables without selling anything  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TJ:

can you even buy a gun at a gun show in Cali the same day??

You can actually buy a gun, but you have to leave it with a Kali-fornia-authorized FFL and pick it up from him/her after you met the 10 day waiting period. Actually, I've seen some good deals at these show, that is if you were looking for those kinds of guns, but a lot of it just depends.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I get more sick of the gun show community every time i go to a show

Me too.  In the past 5 I've been to nationwide, I've only found one table with anything even remotely fair and reasonable.  It turned out to be a boatload of AR-10 stuff which is a pretty rare find at a gunshow.  Bought a few aluminum followers and other misc parts for a good price.

Other than that it's like a people zoo with overpriced concessions.  And no, I don't want to ride on the elephant.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#16]
But, but, but, one of the shops in the area told me those leo marked mags and receivers were going to be collector's items, so, of course, they are going to be more expensive valuable.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Saw a NIB Colt Carbine AR15A2 for $950. NIB Colt 9mm for $1050 that sold as I was looking.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got back from the local show. Picked up a kit-built AK underfolder for $350. Saw several guns labeled "preban," but I'm guessing the labels were old. Funniest thing I saw was a mag guy with 2 Para 12 rd mags . . . for $100 each! He'll be carrying those around for awhile I bet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Funniest thing I saw at the last show was some guy selling 25 round 10/22 RAMLINE mags for 79.99 EACH!!! Can you friggin believe that?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
But, but, but, one of the shops in the area told me those leo marked mags and receivers were going to be collector's items, so, of course, they are going to be more expensive valuable.

Probably to a collector they would be worth more money, but to most of us shooters, they're just another everyday, old magazine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Perhaps in 20 years this will ring true, but if a dealer tells you this, call him a liar.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
OK, I get up this AM excited about going to my first post ban gunshow and to top it off it's even in a newly renovated center.  

I never saw so many ARs and AKs and such all ridiculously higher priced than before the ban sunset.  I'm talking dealors and private people walking around with price tags on their guns.  Never saw so many pre-bans or hell who can tell at a glance now what is a pre-ban except the flash suppressor maybe.  It's like everyone anticipates this rush of never before buyers since the sunset.  Not many were selling either but the parking lot was beginning to fill.

Folding stock AK's used were $500 to $600 and didn't see an AR under $1,000.  Used private sell ARs that were going for around $500 last show, $750 was being asked.  Even the handguns, there were no sales.  I guess once again looking for first time buyers due to the AWB sunset.

There were boxes upon boxes of USGI used mags marked down to $16-$17 and picked up 3 new LEO mags only marked on the bottom plate for $16.   On mags it was like everyone was trying to get rid of their stock before new ones flood the market as well.  

I had come looking for a good deal on a lower or lower assembly and was pretty certain that if there were any they wouldn't be at a price I would pay so I simply stopped by J&T and picked up a few spare parts I needed and called it a day.  I may go back at the end of the last day to see if there are some reality has set in prices.

You guys were right, this show was too early.  The last minute rush to rid the old stuff is on and prices have not dropped except on the high movers, mags, which could potentially be no movers in a couple months.

Tj

Where was this show?

I think you live near me, but I was not aware of any shows this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Mike Halloways at Chillowee park.

New facility upgrades are great.  The damn mini-steps have been replaced by normal size steps and the place is now air conditioned.

BEWARE:  ATM is now on the site.

Tj

Oh okay. I did not know he had one this weekend. They usually do a better job of advertising than this. I went to the last one there and it was the first one in the re-done building. It does make it quite a bit better. That old smell is gone, or at least it was then. The A/C does make a difference.

What pisses me off about his shows is the cost. Last time I went it was $8 for one day only and there wasn't much there. At least the shows out at the I-75 Expo center will let you come back the next day for free.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm planning on going to a show in Reno the 3rd of October. We'll be in Reno anyway so I thought that I'd just go, nothing in mind to buy except a few M14 magazines that I'm still looking for. I have most everything that I've wanted so I'm not hot to get anything.
YMMV
M
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Funniest thing I saw at the last show was some guy selling 25 round 10/22 RAMLINE mags for 79.99 EACH!!! Can you friggin believe that?

Selling or displaying!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Selling or displaying!

touche`  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top