Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2001 7:57:09 AM EDT
Shooting and collecting are rewarding hobbies, but I lust after windsurfing.  I've tried lot's of stuff, but so far nothing compares to a good sailing session.  I know that there is at least one other sailor on AR15.com.

This photo of me was taken by a friend of mine through one of those cheap waterproof disposable cameras on Maui last year.  It has been magnified and trimmed so the quality isn't that good.

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=49839910&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow. Those disposable cameras can make even Maui look average.

Cool pic, cooler hobby.

Do you own your own rig???
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
My sail was a 140 Evenrude.[;D]
I had a Grady White, and I had it airborn like that a few times.(big storms)
Didnt have much time for it, so I sold it.
It was fun, and I DO miss it.
Eric
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I have my own rig.  Not only that, I have a 4 wheel drive truck dedicated to this sport complete with rack system.  

I'm lucky I started so early so I could get over the learning hump when I had lots of time and unlimited endurance.  (Although equiptment sucked in the '80s and it is much easier to learn now)  I am most at peace when I am windsurfing.  Even when having a great time shooting, I am still thinking of other things.  Only when on the water is the slate clean.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks cold there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
No way I would have made it through that jump.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey GWIGG, I see you are an NC resident.  I'm in VA and my normal sailing spots are in Hatteras and Nags Head.  I feel as if I supported Avon's local economy single handedly from '93 through '97.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top