Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2004 2:10:02 AM EDT
(http://spack-fu.ath.cx/~voldermortist)

New situation seems to have arisen here(http://www.antiwar.com/orig/azulay.php?articleid=3642). And even though they are lying liberal scum, I wonder if there's any truth to this. It doesn't look good for America if it is true, but i'm still going to take this with a huge grain of salt. Sounds like more republican-demonizing up close, but at a distance it's scary. This makes me wish I had a discussion forum up and running right now to see what others think about this. interesting to see this during election time. I've noticed there's been a string of anti-militia movements going on within the government. IOWA recently has declared it's illegal for anyone to start up a militia group. So much for the second amendment. I wonder if this country truly has any hope or chance left in it. Does it have a chance to bring back its former glory or is it lost to totalitarianism? Have vile scum like Dianne Feinstein, John Ashcroft and the like really turned this place upside down. SIDENOTE: even though I am a diehard extreme conservative, I'm still very wary of Mr. Ashcroft. That man reaks of villainy. I don't like him and wish Bush didn't bring him in. Personally, I think he endorsed the 2nd amendment to help get votes so he could stay in power, I'm still dubious over his intentions for this country. It's easy to blind people by showing them something they love(guns) in order to accomplish something else(tyranny). I mean, sure the arguement "we can always fight back" will come up, but honestly how many people have the balls to do that. Answer is probably, not many. It is possible the government has called this as a bluff and his moving forward anyhow without the gun bans because they feel we're too weak and cowardly to fight back. Are we?

-Voldermortist

It's probably extremely pompous for me to post my own article, but after I read it when on my website I decided this would also be a good place to post it. This article raises a good question for all the armchair commandos and those who say they'll fight back. People keep saying once that line is crossed it's time to fight. Well my question to you guys is, where is that line? what is it? hasn't it already been crossed?

Some people say the line is when peoples' lives start being lost or weapons started getting confiscated... well what if neither of that happens and our liberties are stripped anyways through slow politically process and not a single life or gun is confiscated. will you guys still fight? or is life too precious and is it not justified since no life was lost. I mean we fought against british tyranny 200 years ago and no life was really lost before that. I mean every now and then a career criminal was put to death but there was never any sporadic killing before the revolution. So what's the word, guys? I've seen some polls in the past when people have said they'd give up their guns but most said they'd fight. So basically I'm asking the who-what-why-when-where-how question to get a specific and very detail and CERTAIN answer. I think a question we have all asked time and again but have never really gotten an ultimatum, instead gotten smoke and mirrors.

Maybe it's time to give a direct answer. Opinions? Comments? Fuck you Voldermortist?

EDITED TO SAY: I'd add a poll, but I think peoples' opinions and what they think are more important and a lot better.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:38:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't find the part that said we are going to have the death penalty for ever crime; as an attorney who regularly deals with death penalty cases, I find that laughable given that the death penalty is slowly eroded every year.  

Knowing, for a fact, that the Patriot act does not violate the constitution, I usually conclude that the hyperbolic rantings of folks who rave about when other people are finally going to "fight back" are usually just expressing their own wet-dream assweb fantasies of getting to kill other people.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Voldermortist,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top