Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 10:35:23 PM EDT
Couple of quick questions on the DSA FAL -

1) Are the parts (namely furniture) interchangable between the DSA STG58s and the SA58s ?

2) What kind of accuracy can I expect with a FAL with match ammo (assuming I do my job) ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Try falfiles.com or the fal forum on here. I'm still a newbie on the fal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes the furniture will swap. I love my FAL but it is not a tack driver at all. Purchase a Bushy Varmiter or better for accuracy.

Probably 3" group is what you should expect without sinking an ungodly amount of money into a fal.

But by all means buy a fal, I still prefer the looks over my AR
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks folks.

What if you go with one of the free-floated DSA models ?
Any chance at better accuracy ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]
unfortunately, those are not true free-floaters... the "free float" is clamped on near the end of the barrel where it joins the receiver in order to minimize flex. Some guys have suggested that the DSA "free float" actually decreases accuracy. I think at least one smith out there does custom make true free floaters. I would ask this guy here if you have questions about truely free floating a FAL

http://www.vandenbergcustom.com
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a preban SAR-48 which is pretty damn accurate, even with milsurp ammo. The DSA SA-58 carbine is not so accurate with it's 16" bbl. Very nice rifle though and I am going to run some match ammo thru it one day and see how it shoots with that.
I have a DSA PARA Congo with all the evil features on order now. That one has an 18" bbl. We'll see how it shoots when it gets here!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I've said this before and I'll say it again...if you're interested in a DSA FAL, they will cut the 21" barrell down to 18" for you at no charge... I understand they will soon be producing an 18" "Congo" (maybe they already are?) but if you can't wait, they'll be happy to do a custom chop job.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've said this before and I'll say it again...if you're interested in a DSA FAL, they will cut the 21" barrell down to 18" for you at no charge... I understand they will soon be producing an 18" "Congo" (maybe they already are?) but if you can't wait, they'll be happy to do a custom chop job.

They are!
Chack out their site. You can get an FAL virtually anyway you want it now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a proud owner of a DSA carbine, and love it. Accuracy is not moa but at 100 yards off the bench with surplus it shoots under 3 inches so I'm very happy. Many pluses to the FAL such as:

#1 - Cheap mags! As little as $5.00 for quality surplus, new in wrap as little as $10.00.   30 rounders also available but usually not cheap

#2 - Reliability!

#3 - Parts availability  literally hundreds of thousands made around the world, parts are plentiful & CHEAP

#4 - Like our beloved AR, you can change your rifle to many different configurations, carbine, rifle, HBAR, wood stock, synthetic, penguin style, etc etc etc.

#5 Optics are easy to mount just buy a QUALITY reciver cover with rail (such as a DSA)

#6 - Adjustable gas regulator so if you weapon gets dirty or you pick up some cheap surplus that is nt quite reliable just open the regulator a notch or 2  and you are back in business. Try that with your M1A.

#7 - Cool factor - people at the range ask: What is that? Awesome! Is that a machine gun? Where did you get that? Sure is loud! Is that thing legal? Boy I sure would like to have one of those! Are you in the foreign legion? Hey I saw one of those in a movie! Man that brass is HOT!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top