Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 8:00:37 PM EDT
She pages the answering service and is yelling she is in labor.  So I tell her, please go to the hospital so they can evaluate you.  She states she did go but they sent her home.  So she isnt in labor but want to be.  So I tell her go to the other hospital and maybe the contractions have sped up.  She refuses saying that the nurses were mean to her there.  She wont do anything I suggest, so I think to myself, what do you want me to do? Then here is the kicker.  She says, I cant have a man do the delivery, its against my religion.  

I actually spoke to a muslim cleric about this and its NOT against their religion, its cultural in some of the muslim countries.  Lebanon for example have little problems with male doctors.  Some of the more ass backward ones do.  So, I told her baloney!  I have alot of muslim friends that say that is a pile of horse pucks.  With this PC shit, I might be in trouble on Monday!

I meant baloney by the way.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hang some pork links above her bed and tell her to SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell her to eat a BLT and shut the fuck up!  She's in America and her third world hocus pocus shit don't fly here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I am literally 2-3 miles for Dearborn.  Everyone is reproducing at a prodious rate except asians and whites, none of them have insurance by the way, all medicaid.  You should see the horror when I suggested that we tie the tubes of a woman with 8 kids and no job.  It was her way to keep medicaid for stuff she wanted done.  Tooth bothering her she would get knocked up and get it fixed.  Michigan guarantees medicaid for pregnant women.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Cut her head off and post the video on Al-Jezeera and Ogrish.com

I forgot, it's not nice to make fun of the religion of peace.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
easy solution:

"fuck you then, hope everything turns out alright and he's healthy enough to carry a shitpile of C4 in a few years"

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
How good was her english? A buddy of mine works a 911 call center...when people call that dont speak english well enough to be understood, he gives them 2 chances to state the purpose of the call....if he cant figure out exactly what they are trying to express, he hangs up.

Learn the fkn language if you want help.

By the same principle, if it is your job to provide emergency medical care or transport, it doesnt neccesarily make you a theologian....I would have sent a male medic out....and if she refused treatment...then fuck her. She is the one in need...no time to be picky....and hey, if the baby is lost becase of her "religious" choice......murder I conviction.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Unfortuately it will be in the US.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Tell this nutjob that if her beliefs are that important to her, she can have a girlfriend come over and deliver her kid in her back yard or something.  Or her husband can try his hand at a do-it-yourself c-section on the dining room table.  

Sheesh - what is it with people?  Nobody is making her go to the hospital.  If she wants to go, why can't she follow their damn rules??  

I think you gave her the exact right advice.  Try a different hopsital.  There are TONS of them in the U.S.  

Wasn't there some guy in TN last year who wouldn't let his wife have surgery unless the hopsital could guarantee that no black person woudl touch her - or something equally insane?    (I remember hearing about it from my fiancee in Nashville, so I THINK it was in TN)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Tell her to go back Humpacamelstan and drop load there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tell her to eat a BLT and shut the fuck up!  She's in America and her third world hocus pocus shit don't fly here.

LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, IBTL - this thread has too much potential to get ugly - will be locked by page 4
With "muslim" in the title, you all know its just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#12]
We just cut out the middle man and deliver our kids at home by ourselves.  Jeff, my youngest son, cost less than $100.  

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I would build a shrine to George W in my house if he would rename Iraq "Humpacamelstan"  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We just cut out the middle man and deliver our kids at home by ourselves.  Jeff, my youngest son, cost less than $100.  

Man, I thought I was cheap  

Actually, I am.  My vasectomy was only $15  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nice budget rates
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am literally 2-3 miles for Dearborn.  Everyone is reproducing at a prodious rate except asians and whites, none of them have insurance by the way, all medicaid.  You should see the horror when I suggested that we tie the tubes of a woman with 8 kids and no job.  It was her way to keep medicaid for stuff she wanted done.  Tooth bothering her she would get knocked up and get it fixed.  Michigan guarantees medicaid for pregnant women.

Thank you for reminding me why my property payments are going to be moved up!

I am SO ready to bail!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Thats right Steve, I forgot.  The damn Democrap governor pushed this shitty bill that will make everyone pay their winter property taxes in the summer so that they dont have to cut entitlements.  Why dont they cut them, maybe they will goto Canada or something.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
She says, I cant have a man do the delivery, its against my religion.  

So catch the first plane back to the dunes, and have one of your esteemed hometown doctorets snatch it out.  Sortof retracted if she's a legal US citizan.

Hmm..  So where's her pre-natal doctoret been for the last 8.5 months?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Its amazing, they come the the US and get medicaid within days.  It takes weeks for other folks that are already here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
...if it is your job to provide emergency medical care or transport, it doesnt neccesarily make you a
theologian....I would have sent a male medic out....and if she refused treatment...then fuck her. She is the one in need...no time to be picky....and hey, if the baby is lost becase of her "religious" choice......murder I conviction.

I'm just waiting for this to happen.... it's just a matter of time til I go on one of these calls, and it
isn't going to be pretty.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, I thought I was cheap  

Actually, I am.  My vasectomy was only $15  

I'm not letting anyone get near my genitals with a scalpel!  It'd be my luck Texas would have a freak earthquake and I'd be castrated.  Doesn't matter though, my wife and I are Quiverful.

On the topic of cheap, we were originally going to do it with a midwife, but they want $4-6k just to be there in Houston.  After doing a lot of research and reading a lot of books, we decided we could do it at home.  We had no insurance, so it just sort of made sense.

Most people's ideas of birth are what they learn from TV, and it's just not true.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:53:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
She wont do anything I suggest, so I think to myself, what the fuck do you want me to do?.

You might SUGGEST that she NOT tie a 3 ft rope to 100 lb concrete block and NOT tie that rope it to her leg, and she NOT throw the block into 15 feet of standing water.  Or you might suggest she NOT obtain her medical treatment from Russia !!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:14:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Tell her to go take a big dose of castor oil.

(This is not a feces joke, castor oil will DEFINITELY induce labor as well as pitocin )
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:15:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Did you win?

Samuel
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:36:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I would build a shrine to George W in my house if he would rename Iraq "Humpacamelstan"  

Can I use that as my sig line?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:36:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

This is the correct answer to SO many problems and complaints here in the US!

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Tell her to go take a big dose of castor oil.

(This is not a feces joke, castor oil will DEFINITELY induce labor as well as pitocin )

The wife tried this with our oldest son. It did not induce labor, but it did induce an evening of running to the bathroom every 5 min.

Pitocin OTOH made her pop in about 45 min.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like my days lately ARDOC. We have a ton of Hmongs here and keep getting more. 20 years in this country and still can't speak english. They can't tell you their meds or medical history, come in with what are often bizarre complaints, or at least bizzare explanations for their symptoms. Yesterday had some fruit loop who kept having pseudo seizures everytime someone turned their back on her...she quit seeing our neurologist and goes to one 100 miles away, can't tell me her meds, etc. The whole day was shit, I'm telling you. Since we are the only place in town that will provide free care besides the ER we get a larger percentage of societal dregs every fucking day. I'm about ready to hang it up. When I went into this profession I thought I'd be taking care of decent normal people most of the time. 3 jobs later and all I ever seem to deal with are losers, whackjobs and addicts. Not fucking worth it. Trying to decide what is next for me as I type. One thing is for sure. I am tired of dealing with the public. All the jobs in my area are service industry type crap though and my youngest has one year left in High School. Can't do a whole year of days like I've been having lately though. Ain't no fucking way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Why are you having a dialogue with a Muslim cleric?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How good was her english? A buddy of mine works a 911 call center...when people call that dont speak english well enough to be understood, he gives them 2 chances to state the purpose of the call....if he cant figure out exactly what they are trying to express, he hangs up.

Sounds like a really expensive policy the rest of the country rolls cars to even 9-11 calls are made - whether the person speaks any language or not. Call 9-11 and hang up and they'll call back - it you hang up on the call back the po-po will come to visit. First lawyer that reads this will retire on your cities tax dollars when he finds the first case, huge huge civil suit since their the only one with such shitty service.

Truly an excellent example, Paul, of the attitude that is fucking up this country.

I've always said that the only cure for this country was to eliminate "entitlements". You ain't entitled to shit except life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I guess the second thing that would have to happen is to reign in the fucking lawyers somehow. Now, since neither of these things are going to happen via the political process there seems to be only one answer...

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Your kids really were blue light specials at KMart!

John
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I use that as my sig line?

Absolutely!     ... but credit goes to MrClean4Hire for introducing me to the word Humpacamelstan
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:10:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a really expensive policy the rest of the country rolls cars to even 9-11 calls are made - whether the person speaks any language or not. Call 9-11 and hang up and they'll call back - it you hang up on the call back the po-po will come to visit. First lawyer that reads this will retire on your cities tax dollars when he finds the first case, huge huge civil suit since their the only one with such shitty service.

Truly an excellent example, Paul, of the attitude that is fucking up this country.

I've always said that the only cure for this country was to eliminate "entitlements". You ain't entitled to shit except life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I guess the second thing that would have to happen is to reign in the fucking lawyers somehow. Now, since neither of these things are going to happen via the political process there seems to be only one answer...

What "entitlement"?  Your taxes pay for 911.  The day you have a stroke, if you somehow manage to hit the speed-dial to 911, you'll be glad they check out hangup calls and nobody-there calls.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#39]
The muslin cleric's wife had an ectopic pregnancy that night.  So, I operated on her and removed the ectopic pregnancy.  I was also able to save the tube.  Most likely she will have another ectopic in that side but its her best chance to get pregnant again because the other tube looked a little funky as well.  I went to talk to him after the surgery as I do with all my patients and he was introduced as a cleric.  So I asked him some questions.  He was very nice and obviously had a lot of influence in his community.  He flatly stated that they should take whatever medical help is available and be thankful for it.  He had no problems with me operating on his wife.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I dont understand why they are allowed into the country if they are pregnant.  We are not talking 20 weeks pregnant but about to drop a load pregnant.  Not only muslims but all folks.  They come here, use our medical services for free and have a kid that is "American" then they split.  On day they are going to use that American passport to get back in and cause a mess.

Try sending an outstanding bill to Yemen or anywhere in the middle-east!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Have a female neighbor over, gather some leaves, and have at it.

And wish her the best of luck  hope it turns out alright tell her to rot in hell.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "entitlement"?  Your taxes pay for 911.  The day you have a stroke, if you somehow manage to hit the speed-dial to 911, you'll be glad they check out hangup calls and nobody-there calls.

Read the fucking thread moron. WTF, your camel break down and you decided to drop in, or what?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#44]
I smell a lawsuit.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top