Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 3:06:35 PM EDT
I know there is nothing lower than the dirty dog democrats(Clinton ) for passing the terrible  1994 AW Ban and how everybody would have a hard time living thru it. But I think there is another view. Before '94 most dealers had large inventories of AR15 rifles that they bought pretty cheap. As soon as the ban was passed didn't all those weapons basically double in price. I think they call that windfall profit don't they? So..for ten years we all paid premium prices for our preban guns and tons were sold at the new prices. Now here it is 10 years later and the ban is gone. Have you talked to the dealers lately? Looks like everybody is covered up with bisiness. Some people are buying AWs now because they thought they could not under the ban and everybody else with an AW now wants a folding stock. So....correct me if I'm wrong but all the crying over the ban and the evil democrats seem to be crocidile tears to me cause it looks to me that the ban was the best thing that ever happened to the dealers. Not trying to start anything or defend anyone but just curious if anyone else noticed!  Gunny
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It's basic supply and demand. Now I am sure most dealers did not buy a bunch of guns expecting the ban to happen, and vice versa. What they are doing now is making hay while the sun shines because who knows how long before they are all out of business.

The prices on ARs are cheaper now, than before the ban, and the dealers are still making the same profit, yes, they are selling more, but it is only temporary, and not like they all will be driving ferarris tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
 I talked to my dealer today. He is the largest dealer in a three state area. He said he can't get any Colts and that when he does it will be under some kind of agreement and they will still be stamped LE.
 He has 20 Bushmasters enroute and combo of patrolman carbines and M4's. So far 18 are already sold for $1050. He has DPMS in stock.
 AR's were never cheap. Before the ban they were $800 new, $600 used. That was when you could buy a new Remington 700 ADL for $275.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Most dealers are scumbags. Next of kin to swap shop louie and pawn shops. They know dick about firearms and want to make 50% profit off the uninformed. I can honestly say I have known 1 decent ffl in the almost 20 years I have been buying firearms.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Most all of the gun industry has had there fingers crossed on the ban expiring.
That it finally did without a whimper is amazing.
As for people in the gun industry supporting the ban to make money, I don't think so, as they like guns as much as people not in the business.
As for pawn shops, I worked at one for 5 years.
If you think the help is bad, try dealing with customers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top