Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 1:56:26 PM EDT
Ok, what's the deal with pre-ban gas cans in Kaliforniastan?  People from other states know them as "gas cans", we know them as "gas cans without that bullshit nozzle contraption."  I haven't seen a pre-ban gas can for sale in the PRK for a few years!  What's the deal...

Illegal to sell?
Illegal to import?
Both of the above?
Have to be registered?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean the propane?

They won't refill those tanks anymore.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate those damn "post-ban" gas cans!!!
None of my , many, cars have the small gas filler neck to retract that stupid nozzle contraption!!!
Damn hippy enviro's again....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You mean the propane?

They won't refill those tanks anymore.

Negative, talking about the kind you use for gasoline.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you please show us a picture of one so we can get a good chuckle?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
WooHoo...!

I have about 10 PREBAN gas cans!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
PS---You learn sumpin new everyday! Guess I'll have to go check out these new "Green" gas cans. I've yet to see one...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#8]
That is one f'ed up state
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Wouldn't that make it harder to pour gas on the weeds in your driveway?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wouldn't that make it harder to pour gas on the weeds in your driveway?

Naw, you just use diesel...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Ca. is not the only state that requires these type of gas cans.  You boys in Texas, buy your pre-ban cans now.  Effective Jan. 1, 2006 you too will only be able to buy the post-ban cans
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#13]
bought a gas can in NY last spring. it was one of the CA neutered post ban types. it works ok for the boat as I can flip it almost upside down like I need to without the gas spilling all over.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ok, what's the deal with pre-ban gas cans in Kaliforniastan?  People from other states know them as "gas cans", we know them as "gas cans without that bullshit nozzle contraption."  I haven't seen a pre-ban gas can for sale in the PRK for a few years!  What's the deal...

Illegal to sell?
Illegal to import?
Both of the above?
Have to be registered?

JESUS H CHRIST, Pile what are you doing living in a SO CALLED state that has a FUCKING law like that . I have alot of those here I can sell them a t PRE-PAN price to U that would make me move. There law books must be taller then the damn RED WOOD FOREST
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]
The reasoning is, I assume, is that everyone is spilling gas all over the place when filling a vehicle etc. with "normal" cans.   Hmmmm...I can't remember having trouble controling my pre-ban cans.  I'll bet I spill more gas all over the place trying to hold that damn post-ban nozzle thingy open while filling my lawn mower.  Not only do you have to worry about holding UP 5 gallons of gas, now you also have to hold the nozzle OPEN at the same time.

I guess I can expect the scalpers to show up soon...possibly even at gun shows.  "Get your pre-ban gas cans for $100, you can have all the evil nozzle features you want on these puppies!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top