Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 1:13:40 PM EDT
Gamecock, 39, cleared to play: "Pops" has gotten the green light from the NCAA to play football at South Carolina.

Tim Frisby, the team's 39-year-old walk-on receiver, was granted his eligibility by the NCAA membership services staff, the school said Thursday.

Frisby is expected to be in uniform when the Gamecocks play Troy in Columbia, S.C., on Saturday night. He recently retired after 20 years in the U.S. Army, where he was Ranger-qualified with the 82nd Airborne. (Served in the GW and Bosnia)

WKU-FIU game postponed: Florida International's home opener against Western Kentucky on Saturday in Miami has been postponed — the second home game the Golden Panthers have had called off because of hurricane concerns.

Western Kentucky officials decided Thursday not to travel to South Florida because of the likelihood Hurricane Jeanne may hit Florida's east coast this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm going to have to watch SC on the tube to see the old man put to all those young kids
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a good guy that plays for Carolina.I'm a Big fan,but the games only on Payperview.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top