Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 12:43:10 PM EDT
MoveOn: Bush to Blame For 'Extreme' Hurricane Season
By Jimmy Moore
Talon News
September 23, 2004

SPARTANBURG, SC (Talon News) -- Attempting to take political advantage of the devastating hurricanes that have hit Florida and the southeastern section of the United States in the past few weeks, liberal political action group MoveOn.org is saying that President George W. Bush is to blame for "making extreme weather stronger."

In an e-mail to supporters, MoveOn.org rhetorically asks "why such extreme weather" has taken place with Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Ivan causing billions of dollars in property damage and loss of life.

"Scientists agree that global warming makes sea levels rise and makes storms stronger, because temperature shifts disrupt the normal balance," MoveOn.org explained. "Warmer water makes more violent hurricanes."

The group added that insurance companies such as Swiss Re and Munich Re say "global warming is causing more losses."

Ridiculing President George W. Bush for "handing out emergency aid" in Florida while doing "nothing to reduce global warming," MoveOn.org contends that the president has "done a lot to make the problem worse" and has caused the massive hurricanes to form.

Asking its members to write letters to the editor of their local newspapers, MoveOn.org offers key "talking points, sample letters, and a tool to find your local paper."

MoveOn.org points the finger at Bush, saying that he has "helped the oil companies drill more, and the big polluters pollute more, at every opportunity" while he "has done nothing to stop global warming pollution, which is making extreme weather stronger."

The leftist group supporting Democratic presidential nominee John F. Kerry said Bush "walked away from the Kyoto Protocol, the only major international treaty to curb global warming pollution" and allegedly "broke a campaign pledge to limit emissions of CO2, the biggest global warming pollutant."

Blaming Bush for giving "tens of billions of dollars in subsidies to oil and coal industries that cause most of this pollution," MoveOn.org said the president has done "virtually nothing to make our use of these energy sources more efficient or to promote cleaner alternatives."

Again accusing Bush of being responsible for the hurricanes, MoveOn.org said the letter campaign will get the word out of how dangerous weather is connected to the occupant of the White House.

"By writing to our local papers, we can reach out to neighbors who are concerned about the extreme weather but don't yet know the connection to President Bush protecting the polluters," MoveOn.org argued.

The e-mail concluded, "And best of luck coping with the weather."

www.talonnews.com/news/2004/september/0923_moveon_bush_hurricanes.shtml
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's the biggest load of shit i've ever read.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I swear I was wondering how long before they were going to get around to blaming this on Bush. The Dems truly are a bunch of nuts, they have not a shred of crediabilty left.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
This kind of insane ranting will only turn people away from the democratic extremist.  Let them foam at the mouth all they want.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This kind of insane ranting will only turn people away from the democratic extremist.  Let them foam at the mouth all they want.

Why else do you think I posted this?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew it was only a matter of time!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Everything is Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]
funny,, they should read how many epa laws set for cfc's his dad passed while in office,,,, oh wait that would invovle takeing their heads outta their ass and reading the facts!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Of course they are W's fault!

He is trying to have the storms hit the minority neighborhoods so they will be disenfranchised- again

Oh and so is global warming
and ozone depletion
and earthquakes
and spotted owl disappearance
and Halibuton scams
and VD...
and you get the picture.......
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#10]
AHHHHHHHH...Sheesh...WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING MORONS!  

I just can't believe these stupid liberals!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, if they're gonna blame it on a Bush, why not his brother?

He is our Governor.

Oh...I see...family conspiracy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top