Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 12:41:26 PM EDT
I got a reply from UMC/Remington about the defective round that I found in a box of their ammo.  They told me to box it up and ship it to them.  They would evaluate it and if they did indeed find it to be defective, they would send ma a replacement.  If I provided them with a reciept for the shipping charges they would even refund that too.

My response said that sadly I will have to turn down their "generous offer".  I told them that I got more satisfaction out of showing an example of UMCs poor quality than I would get out of them sending me one round of ammo and that they wouldn't believe the number of people that told me they wont use UMC any more.

Maybe I'm different than most people but if I sold something like ammo I'd make it priority number one to keep my customer happy. Offering a one for one replacement on ammo seems petty.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I must've missed the thread.  What was the defect?  What was the caliber?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I once got a dented 9mm Golden Saber round factory packed in a brand new package of 40S&W Golden Sabers.  Kinda shocked me that this could happen.  I never contacted Remington about it, and I guess I should have.

Doesn't exactly sound like they are going out of their way to please you in your case.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
.223 remington  The brass was defective in that it had a incomplete neck from the forming process. There was a "V" shaped void in the brass that ran from the opening through the neck, across the shoulder and almost into the sidewall of the case.  It was about 3/16" wide at the opening and about 1/4" long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top