Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 11:55:28 AM EDT
I'm a criminology major, and I'm really starting to despise my professors. Today was the second time this semester that I had to endure an ANTI-gun/pro-gun control video. Two weeks ago one of my victimology teacher showed Bowling for Columbine, and today in criminology we saw another pro-gun anti-nra video...At the end of the movie we took as small survey for extra credit on our opinions about gun-control, and I answered accordingly. Also I wrote in BIG capital letters beneath by name "PROUD NRA & GOA MEMBER"...
I had a talk with my victimology teacher about bowling for columbine and the AWB. I think I really swayed her over to the light a little. But shouldn't CRIMINOLOGY teachers know better? Shouldn't they know better that gun control doesn't reduce crime? Those bastards!

Also, can someone find me some stats from the Department of Justice that could prove valuable when confronting these teachers? They have to be directly from the department of justice, or these people won't believe it...Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Try going to ISU, their Crim department has VERY few pro or even gun neutral instructors.  The worst thing is (at least at ISU) most of the department is made up of career students, or social workers.  As the saying goes, "those who can do, those who can't, teach."  ISU Crim has a FEW instructors with BTDT experience, but for the most part they are all gun-grabbing liberal more social workers, less police and prison types.  I don't even want to start on the esteemed statistics prof, Dr. Mark Hamm!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
bumb I need stats guys! Help me out here, FOR THE CHILDREN!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought Persians were smart mofo's.  Why not switch to engineering?  Avoid this political BS.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
bumb I need stats guys! Help me out here, FOR THE CHILDREN!

FBI  Under Crime in the United States

You can download the crime stats for the last 10 years.
They are on excell spread sheets.
Murder by weapon type, murder by age, etc.

Very good info on the fbi page.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no way she can refute the FBI crime stats. They speak volumes about the lies being spread by the antis.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Download the gun facts PDF:  www.keepandbeararms.com/downloads/GunFacts_v3.2.pdf

Some of the data is older, but it's a real big list of good FBI/DOJ type sources with charts of the data.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
AWESOME! THANKS 3-7INFANTRY AND BENNYFRANKLIN! Thats exactly what I needed!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought Persians were smart mofo's.  Why not switch to engineering?  Avoid this political BS.

I think he should stand up and fight, with stats for back-up, like he is trying to do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Nothing else really interests me...
If you're persian, you are expected to be a doctor no matter what...It's strange going to a large family dinner and talking to other kids my age: they all go to either Harvard or Yale, and they're all pre-med. No kidding! It's almost akward saying that I go to FSU and am a crim major.
I must have fallen off the assembly line as a kid. I view myself a proud American, and have never conformed to the ways of my heritage. I believe in the melting pot ideology.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he should stand up and fight, with stats for back-up, like he is trying to do.

Exactly..there is no teacher I won't debate, and no poster I won't rip...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing else really interests me...
If you're persian, you are expected to be a doctor no matter what...It's strange going to a large family dinner and talking to other kids my age: they all go to either Harvard or Yale, and they're all pre-med. No kidding! It's almost akward saying that I go to FSU and am a crim major.

Tell 'em you're gay, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#12]
hasn't that Twat ever read the constitution?

specifically,  the second amendment to it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Crim degree from Fresno State out here in the PRK.

Unless you are looking at a Law degree I would make it my minor. Crim is fun and all but not worth much out in the work force. I am a Deputy Sheriff and wish I had gone to business school instead.

About 1/2 of my instructors had never been or had been out of the business (street LE work) for many years. I found the night classes had the best instructors. Federal Judges, local DA and some street cops with too much education to not use it to make money on the side.

You want to have some real fun. Go into the Lib Arts building or where the advisors for people getting into teaching are. It will be anti-Bush pro-Karry on every door. I had some fun with a Mark-A-Lot in my day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top