Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 9:31:42 AM EDT
just said they were going to talk about a Mich. kid who was planning an attack on his school, then cut to video of the kid playing around with and shooting an AK47 copy
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I was starting to wonder where the thread was on that, guess I found it.  
Funny how the guy she talked to brought up the "fact" that this kids dad approved of what he did because, oh god, dare I say, He went SHOOTING with his kid, the horor.  How dare this father take his kid shooting, all he's doing is teaching him how to kill innocent women and children.  And if you believe that I've got some nice beach front property in Yuma AZ. for sale.  I guess letting my grandkids shoot my AR's and Thompson 27a1 makes me a "Bad Person" now. I guess since there's not been any "mass muders" with AW's in the last week and a half they've got to find something "BAD" about guns to talk about.  Bunch of Media asshats.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
That story's been all over the papers here for the last week and a half. The kid was going to do a one man Columbine on a school about 10 miles from where I live.

This thing mirrors Columbine in almost every way! The kid was a "Nazi", he had Nazi propoganda in his bedroom, he was running a Nazi website, he was an outcast at school, the police found bombs in his bedroom and the "AK47", and he got the AK47 from some adult friend of his father or something.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, so the kid is off hit nut and into all kinds of Nazi crap. I still didn't like the way the guy demonized the fact that the kids dad took him shooting. He's making it look like any dad that takes his kid shooting is just setting em' up to pull off some stupid shit like this when you and I know that that is total bullshit.  So what, the kid has a "semi-auto" AK, how many of us have let our kids shoot our AR's and AK's.  I agree, the kid is messed up and needs something to be done with him before he hurts someone but don't bring a father taking his kid shooting into it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately the nutcases will have a "fascination" with weapons. If they didn't have weapons, they aren't a threat. The problem is the focus on the guns. There's a whole host of things to look for in these kids, without the other issues, the kids can safely have access to any weapon.

Thinking about it, very few boys don't have a facination with things blowing up, burning down, or getting shot to pieces. Fireworks are popular because it has elements of all of these.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK, so the kid is off hit nut and into all kinds of Nazi crap. I still didn't like the way the guy demonized the fact that the kids dad took him shooting. He's making it look like any dad that takes his kid shooting is just setting em' up to pull off some stupid shit like this when you and I know that that is total bullshit.  So what, the kid has a "semi-auto" AK, how many of us have let our kids shoot our AR's and AK's.  I agree, the kid is messed up and needs something to be done with him before he hurts someone but don't bring a father taking his kid shooting into it.

i didn't like the way they talked about it either, BUT it is hard to imagine the dad didn't know his kid was a budding neo-nazi with homicidal fantasies....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i didn't like the way they talked about it either, BUT it is hard to imagine the dad didn't know his kid was a budding neo-nazi with homicidal fantasies....

When I was in my early-mid teens I collected all kind of WWII stuff, U.S. and Nazi. I had a German helment and a Hitler Youth dagger and lots of books about WWII. I got my first single shot 22 when I was 14 and a 12Ga single shot shotgun when I was 15 so I had guns too. I never though about shooting up my school though. There's something really wrong with some kids today, it's not the war memoribilia or the guns, it's something else, maybe a lack of respect for almost everyone and everything.   I think  that's the big difference between kids today and kids from days gone by, RESPECT, some of them today just don't have any.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top