Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 9:06:50 AM EDT
What's the bestest biggest newest toy that every kid has to have this christmas?

I am genuinely curious. We all remember "Tickle Me Elmo" and "PlayStation 2" in the past years, does anyone know what the big toy is this year?

-U-
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear the new craze is weapons grade plutonium.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hear the new craze is weapons grade plutonium.

yep I'm buying all I can get my grubby little hands on
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#3]
For my son it's gonna be a .50 Cal BMG under the tree this year.
--RR
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
An AR-15 with all the evil features, If you live in a free state.
If not a 10-22 and a 38
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Airsoft

Bush-Cheney paraphernalia

Coffee cup
Shirt
Button

I bought my new US Flag on the Bush web site.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What's the bestest biggest newest toy that every kid has to have this christmas?

I am genuinely curious. We all remember "Tickle Me Elmo" and "PlayStation 2" in the past years, does anyone know what the big toy is this year?

-U-

Don't spoil your kid.  Really. BTDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Britiny Spears
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#8]
A couple of weeks ago my nearly 16yr old daughter fell in serious lust with my NewModel Blackhawk in .45 Colt. She might, maybe find it under the tree this year.

But damn it...it was the first pistol I ever bought, 23 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A couple of weeks ago my nearly 16yr old daughter fell in serious lust with my NewModel Blackhawk in .45 Colt. She might, maybe find it under the tree this year.

I wouldnt give it to her if i were you. Not at 16.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not? At 16 my daughter had two Ruger Vaqueros, a Marlin lever action and a Winchester 97. She was good enough to be state CAS champion, she was old enough to have her own guns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I would give it to her. (the Ruger ya' perverts)

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Buy another RSB 45 colt.    Get the one with the 45 ACP conversion cylinder.  I love it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not? At 16 my daughter had two Ruger Vaqueros, a Marlin lever action and a Winchester 97. She was good enough to be state CAS champion, she was old enough to have her own guns.

I think you misunderstand me. I dont mean "not at that age" from a standpoint of being too young to won a gun, but "not at that age" in the sense Dads first gun is something I want her to have after she's done with college and done partying her ass off.
I've seen far to many kids hit the pawn shops or friends and sell things to get gas money, beer money and rent money during college. Its a fact of life.
Now, some kids are smart enough and wouldnt do that. If she wants a pistol fine, she can have one. But, if she wants Dads first gun I wouldnt give it to her till I know she's responsible enough to not pawn it off if she needed money down the road at some time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I think your best bet is to catch a few cartoon channel commercials.  Whatever the hot seller is, you can bet they'll be touting it over the airwaves.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think you misunderstand me.

Understood. I was thinking from a MA mentality where you can't just sell a gun wihtout jumping through paperwork hoops, and not at all if you are a minor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow, I though SOME of you would be able to read between the lines.

I plan on buying a bunch of "hot toys" and reselling them on eBay the first two weeks of December to idiot parents who are willing to pay 200% over retail.

This is why I need to know just what the new hot toys are.

Thanks to those who gave a serious answer.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#17]
AT-AT.  Greatest toy since 1980.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wow, I though SOME of you would be able to read between the lines.

I plan on buying a bunch of "hot toys" and reselling them on eBay the first two weeks of December to idiot parents who are willing to pay 200% over retail.

This is why I need to know just what the new hot toys are.

Thanks to those who gave a serious answer.

Now there is a man with a plan!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think you misunderstand me. I dont mean "not at that age" from a standpoint of being too young to won a gun, but "not at that age" in the sense Dads first gun is something I want her to have after she's done with college and done partying her ass off.
I've seen far to many kids hit the pawn shops or friends and sell things to get gas money, beer money and rent money during college. Its a fact of life.
Now, some kids are smart enough and wouldnt do that. If she wants a pistol fine, she can have one. But, if she wants Dads first gun I wouldnt give it to her till I know she's responsible enough to not pawn it off if she needed money down the road at some time.

Precisely my thoughts!  As a teen, I was "promised" a 1904 Colt SAA Bisley by my grandfather... for when I had my own home.  I cherish it as a part of family history.  But if I'd had it before then, no telling what might have happened to it that I would now regret.

Sit her down and tell her it hers, but she will not possess it until she is a fully responsible adult.  In the meantime you'll keep it safe for her... and she can see you any time to get it to go to the range.  Oh, and telling this to her in front of her mom is good too... should something ever happen to you before she actually reaches "fully responsible adult".  She needs to know its very special to you, and thats why you want her to have it forever.

Good Luck!
(BTW, do you clean your AR when her b/f's are coming over to pick her up?)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
AT-AT.  Greatest toy since 1980.

+1

I have 2 of them still!

BTW...The hot new toy this year at my house will be a M1a

We dont buy the " Hot" toy here because it will just be out of style in a few months, and you can get it cheaper....My kids get Educational stuff, clothes, and one really cool toy like R/C cars or something...

Good luck on your internet scam..
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Precisely my thoughts!  As a teen, I was "promised" a 1904 Colt SAA Bisley by my grandfather... for when I had my own home.  I cherish it as a part of family history.  But if I'd had it before then, no telling what might have happened to it that I would now regret.

Sit her down and tell her it hers, but she will not possess it until she is a fully responsible adult.  In the meantime you'll keep it safe for her... and she can see you any time to get it to go to the range.  Oh, and telling this to her in front of her mom is good too... should something ever happen to you before she actually reaches "fully responsible adult".  She needs to know its very special to you, and thats why you want her to have it forever.

Good Luck!
(BTW, do you clean your AR when her b/f's are coming over to pick her up?)

I've been thinking if I give it to her I'll keep it until she's 21. She should be out of college by then, or at least partied out some. She does want to be a veterinarian. So she'll have to stay somewhat serious.

She doesn't date just yet. Her choice. Thank goodness. That makes it easier.

But enough hijacking Uhlek's thread with my daughter.

What's this years hottest toys?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top