Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 8:46:11 AM EDT
www.theindychannel.com/news/3758076/detail.html

"Officials have confirmed that a Butler police officer was shot Friday morning and taken to Methodist Hospital in critical condition.

It happened at about 10:30 a.m. outside Gate 2 at Hinkle Fieldhouseon the 4600 block of Sunset Avenue.  

Indianapolis police officials described the suspect as a black male with glasses and around 5 feet 7 or 8 inches tall with a medium build. He was reportedly wearing a black tank top, khaki shorts and a baseball hat when he fled from the scene.

Police have set up a perimeter around the area and eight schools have been locked down in the area during the search for the shooter, RTV6's Derrik Thomas reported.

Police said the officer was called to Hinkle Fieldhouse after receiving a call of a suspicious person. The officer questioned the suspect, and at some point, witnesses reported hearing a gunshot.

The male suspect reportedly took the officer's gun, Thomas reported.

The Indianapolis Public Schools on lockdown include school No. 43, 55, 70, 84, 91, Merle Sidener Middle School, Shortridge Middle School and Broad Ripple High School. "

Officer James Davis, 31, was later pronounced dead at Methodist Hospitals.  

This is the 2nd officer in the city of Indianapolis in less than a month.  

Condolensces to the family of Officer Davis and may you rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If I say what I want to say, I'm gonna get banned.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
We're getting two completely different descriptions.

6' 200 and 5' 7" 170, both black males.  Descriptions are flying all over the radio.  Officers everywhere trying to tie up a perimeter.

This guy was in Hinkle Field house on the Butler University campus. The field house was featured in the movie "Hoosiers".  Suspect believed to have victims gun.  More pending.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#4]
btt.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
"Police searching for a man named Kevin Williams, 31, who they labeled a "person of interest" in the case"  5'7", small afro, black tank top and khaki pants..I missed the weight.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]
This one will be updated constantly...better link.

www.indystar.com/articles/6/181270-6866-092.html
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I say what I want to say, I'm gonna get banned.

+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Officer James Davis, 31, was later pronounced dead at Methodist Hospitals.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Why did the suspects have to take the officer's gun?  Aren't the streets awash in assault rifles that are being used every days to gun down officers?
Tragic about the officer.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why did the suspects have to take the officer's gun?  Aren't the streets awash in assault rifles that are being used every days to gun down officers?

Very true.  The suspect has been shot and is en route to the hospital.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very true.  The suspect has been shot and is en route to the hospital.

Good.  Hope the cocksucker bleeds out before he gets there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#13]
The fallen officer left behind a wife and 3 children. Prayers are sent to this mans family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top