Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:34:26 AM EDT
Love him, hate him (anti-gun fuck), he does portray the US Air Force in a positive way.

Air Force honors SG-1 actor, producer

9/23/2004 - WASHINGTON -- Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. John P. Jumper recognizes Richard Dean Anderson for his role in the "Stargate SG-1" television series and for the show's continuous positive depiction of the service.

General Jumper made Mr. Anderson an honorary Air Force brigadier general. Mr. Anderson portrays Brig. Gen. Jack O'Neill, commanding officer of the SG-1 team of explorers. He is also the executive producer of the series.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
...and Kurt Russel rolls a fatty, kicks at the dirt beneath his boots, and walks off into the sunset shaking his head...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#2]
McGyver is still an anti gun faggot. Dont get me started on the guy giving the award either.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I *hate* the anti gun bullshit from Anderson (made even worse by the sheer amount of weapons handling that goes on in SG-1) but that show has been a poster child for the Air Force and it's nice to see the military being shown in a good light every week.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#4]
If his MacGyver character had only been a "gunner", I would have worshipped the guy as a kid back in the 80's. LOL. But even as a kid, I thought of him as a wuss because of his irrational fear of guns. Thankfully his "Phoenix Foundation" partner "Pete Thornton" wasn't so foolish. He had no issues with packing and using his .38 snubby. That helped a little.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#5]
What's your take on General Jumper?

IMHO he's a billion times better than McPeak.

Jumper is getting the F-22, F-35, C-17 and V-22 programs on track, not being some total political Clinton ass-snokeling fuck.

Quoted:
McGyver is still an anti gun faggot. Dont get me started on the guy giving the award either.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Gee, I wonder if Jimmy Stewart is rolling over in his grave.

Ya think??

Gen. Jumper:  "Iraq?  Iraq??  Hey look!  It's McGyver!!"

Does this mean that Catherine "Mac" Bell  will be a made an honorary member of Tailhook?

The pics in this thread are worthless, so here ya go!

mmm..... PIE!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
All those kind of "honorary" degree and such are just retarded.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Oh wait, you're serious.

Oh.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is an Entertainer who more than earned her Honorary rank, Ole "Colonel Maggie of the Boondocks." Martha Raye.  Before she became an entertainer, she was an RN and used her Nursing training on many occasions when wounded would arrive in the field hospitals.  She is buried at FT Bragg among the Soldiers she loved, an exception to Army Policy was made for her.  She was buried with full Military Honors.

During those nine years, she traveled to the most remote locations to visit troops and often did more than entertain. She also put her skills as a nurse to use treating patients and even assisted in surgery. While visiting a special forces camp in Soc Trang in 1967, she spent her performance time in the operating room instead of on stage. After 13 straight hours in surgery, she went through the wards talking, joking and comforting the soldiers.

"Maggie ... helped everybody she could in Vietnam," said Tom Squier. a veteran and friend of Raye. "She told jokes and played cards with us. treated our wounds and got wounded like one of us. She was one of us ... eating what we ate and sleeping in the mud. She never ran out of energy and could not stand to see someone depressed."

Here she is with the guys she loved.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Jumper can't possibly be worse than that assclown McPeak.  I agree with you about Anderson, though.  By the way, former 81152A here.

"Defensor Fortis!"
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is an Entertainer who more than earned her Honorary rank, Ole "Colonel Maggie of the Boondocks." Martha Raye.  Before she became an entertainer, she was an RN and used her Nursing training on many occasions when wounded would arrive in the field hospitals.  She is buried at FT Bragg among the Soldiers she loved, an exception to Army Policy was made for her.  She was buried with full Military Honors.

During those nine years, she traveled to the most remote locations to visit troops and often did more than entertain. She also put her skills as a nurse to use treating patients and even assisted in surgery. While visiting a special forces camp in Soc Trang in 1967, she spent her performance time in the operating room instead of on stage. After 13 straight hours in surgery, she went through the wards talking, joking and comforting the soldiers.

"Maggie ... helped everybody she could in Vietnam," said Tom Squier. a veteran and friend of Raye. "She told jokes and played cards with us. treated our wounds and got wounded like one of us. She was one of us ... eating what we ate and sleeping in the mud. She never ran out of energy and could not stand to see someone depressed."

members.cox.net/eodtech2000/arfcom/Maggie_II_Corps_MSF_villake_Pleiku_1969_2.JPG

Cool.  I did not know that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

members.cox.net/eodtech2000/arfcom/Maggie_II_Corps_MSF_villake_Pleiku_1969_2.JPG

Is this the Nurse Maggie that Marcinko wrote about in Rouge Warrior?  IIRC  Navy SEAL Harry Humphries and some Green Beret had rescued her during an attack (Tet offensive??) and the Green Beret won the CMH, but Humphries got the Silver Star.  Demo Dickey lamented that the bar was higher for SEALs to win the CMH.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jumper can't possibly be worse than that assclown McPeak.  I agree with you about Anderson, though.  By the way, former 81152A here.

+1 on McPeak. Current 2T171 here. (AFRES)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this the Nurse Maggie that Marcinko wrote about in Rouge Warrior?  IIRC  Navy SEAL Harry Humphries and some Green Beret had rescued her during an attack (Tet offensive??) and the Green Beret won the CMH, but Humphries got the Silver Star.  Demo Dickey lamented that the bar was higher for SEALs to win the CMH.  

Quite possibly, she liked to go out in the sticks to be with the guys who saw the action without regard to her safety.  She was adored by the Special Forces.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Martha Raye, RIP  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yup, I *hate* the anti gun bullshit from Anderson (made even worse by the sheer amount of weapons handling that goes on in SG-1) but that show has been a poster child for the Air Force and it's nice to see the military being shown in a good light every week.

+1

TXL
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
F22- Useless boondoggle to fight an Air Superiority threat which no longer exists...
F35-I bet it wont hang with 1/10th the damage an A10 can, nor do 1/10th the damage per a/c.
C17-Actually, an incredible plane. Blown Flap technology...wow!
V22-Useless POS which it is reported, actually flies from time to time, without killing everyone on board.

We are really blowing huge pallets of cash on some shitty equipment that is loaded with "whiz bang" but short on KABOOM!

D.
AZEX

Bring back the A10, make it lighter and faster.
Fuck the V22, more and cheaper rotary.
Scrap the F22, the F15 has had ZERO A2A losses in over 25 years of service with a half dozen countries.

The F-15 is no longer the most dominant fighter today, it is completely outclassed by the SU-37.  A SU-37 with a competant pilot will eat the F-15 alive.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bring back the A10, make it lighter and faster.
Fuck the V22, more and cheaper rotary.
Scrap the F22, the F15 has had ZERO A2A losses in over 25 years of service with a half dozen countries.

Agreed on the V-22. I seriously wonder if it can be made to work.
Agreed on the F-35. The A-10 and F-16 both have a lot of life left in them.
Agreed on the C-17. It is an awesome aircraft. And the C-141's it replaced were at the end of
        their useful lives.
Now on to the F-22. You said the F-15 has had zero air-to-air losses in 25 years. This is true,
        however our potential enemies haven't been sitting still that whole time. The Eagle has
        served long and well, and will continue to serve. But it won't be the best fighter flying
        forever. Especially with such fighters as the SU-37, Typhoon, and Rafale out there and
        their replacements already on the drawing board.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I was asked what my beef was with the other guy in the pic, all I can say is BLUE TIGER STRIPE FATIGUES! WTF?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I was asked what my beef was with the other guy in the pic, all I can say is BLUE TIGER STRIPE FATIGUES! WTF?!?!?!?

Ok, good point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top