Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 4:58:24 AM EDT

LEBANON, Tenn. -- A 15-year-old boy was found at a home here chained to a bed and weighing just 49 pounds. His father and stepmother were jailed on child abuse charges.

The parents told police that the teenager was a "troublemaker" and would be chained as his father left for work in the morning.

The teenager was forced to sleep on a mat on a hardwood floor or directly on the floor surface, police said. He usually was naked or wore a diaper and was fed only soup and water.

The boy's father, James Osborne III, and his stepmother, Christie Osborne, were charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect, Lebanon Police Chief Scott Bowen said.

"We found the child in an emaciated state," said Department of Children's Services spokeswoman Andrea Turner. "He has lost a significant muscle weight."

The abuse had been going on for several months. The boy had last seen a doctor in January, when he seemed to be in good condition.

Three siblings were also found in the home, but they appeared to be fine, Bowen said. All four children have been placed in DCS custody.

Two allegations of minor physical abuse were made against the family in 2001 and 2003, Turner said. DCS case managers visited the family both times and found no evidence to support those allegations, she said.

Bowen said he has never seen such a severe neglect case in his career.

"We did recover chains, locks and keys," he said. "Both parents had keys to the locks."

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Fucking savages

<We don't have any form of the f-word in thread titles.  Thanks.>
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I know a couple people that need a good old fashioned country arse whuppin' today!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a horrible story. But I thought this part was funny:

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's a horrible story. But I thought this part was funny:

If only we could apply all those things to all the national media outlets, the nation would be a better place wouldn't it?

Now regarding this story, geez, what the hell? I'd just like to know what the hell could have justified this in the minds of these parents. If a kid is out of control to the point something that drastic happens, the damn kids needs to be getting medical treatment, not chained to the fucking floor. Damnit, I just can't believe the shit some people will do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Mrs. Ramjet works in the Juvenile Court. My parents when they retired became CASA workers. The stories I've been told and kids you see is heartbreaking.

I once saw an eight year old in handcuffs

I know I can't save the world, but I wish I could save some of these childern. Keep your eyes open, there is a lot more of this going on then you can possibly believe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck...that is horrible
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top